Heads up here, as prredicted, coming soon .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Heads up here, as prredicted, coming soon .......

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

Bill is not capable of posting anything of substance but he craves attention so posts nonsense followed by "What do you think?"  Typically, as with this example, he will post the same nonsense about the same issue 5-10 times....no ideas, no details, just the same old nonsense. 

During his anti-Beckett tirades I pointed out that Beckett had had a fantastic 2011 season which good ole Bill denied.  I asked him at least 10 times why he thought Beckett had had a poor season in 2011 and he finally responded "I don't remember him winning any big games."

And ole WISE ONE, how did  all that turn out ????  History is the greatest teacher of them all !!!!   

You completely miss the point, again.  The point was not about Beckett's (then) present or future, but about his performance in 2011 about which you were unable to present a single detail.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Bill is not capable of posting anything of substance but he craves attention so posts nonsense followed by "What do you think?"  Typically, as with this example, he will post the same nonsense about the same issue 5-10 times....no ideas, no details, just the same old nonsense. 

During his anti-Beckett tirades I pointed out that Beckett had had a fantastic 2011 season which good ole Bill denied.  I asked him at least 10 times why he thought Beckett had had a poor season in 2011 and he finally responded "I don't remember him winning any big games."

But Bill wins, as you are giving him the attention he craves.

I don't know what everyone is so hungry to call Bill out for this or that.  He's a good egg, even if he posts meaningless "blockbuster" drivel all the time.

I don't think he's a bad guy the way Stiffy is, but I think it's really anti-social and very annoying when someone relentlessly posts repetetive nonsense, usually filled with political commentary.

Someone once criticised me and others for not being respectful toward Bill, apparently a military veteran, to which I replied "So he can be relentlessy disrespectful toward the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces but is himself immune to criticism?"

No doubt.  Incredible hypocricy to tout one's own service as a badge of honor and then disrespect the chain of command will-nilly the way Bill does.  He deserves criticism for that. 

If our service people could speak freely, you would be surprised to see what level of CONFIDENCE the troops have in the CIC  (campaigner in chief)

I hope that's true and think he deserves it.  Why are you so disrespectful and rude about him?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

I don't know what everyone is so hungry to call Bill out for this or that.  He's a good egg, even if he posts meaningless "blockbuster" drivel all the time.

I don't think he's a bad guy the way Stiffy is, but I think it's really anti-social and very annoying when someone relentlessly posts repetetive nonsense, usually filled with political commentary.

Someone once criticised me and others for not being respectful toward Bill, apparently a military veteran, to which I replied "So he can be relentlessy disrespectful toward the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces but is himself immune to criticism?"

No doubt.  Incredible hypocricy to tout one's own service as a badge of honor and then disrespect the chain of command will-nilly the way Bill does.  He deserves criticism for that. 

If our service people could speak freely, you would be surprised to see what level of CONFIDENCE the troops have in the CIC  (campaigner in chief)

Hey, whatever you want to call him Bill.  I can tell you take greast joy in denegrating our president.  I am merely pointing out how that reflects upon you as a soldier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I hope that's true and think he deserves it.  Why are you so disrespectful and rude about him?

Well lets start with BENGANZI !!   the biggest COVER UP EVAA  !!!

Do you mean Ben Gazi?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

And ole WISE ONE, how did  all that turn out ????  History is the greatest teacher of them all !!!!   

You completely miss the point, again.  The point was not about Beckett's (then) present or future, but about his performance in 2011 about which you were unable to present a single detail.

And my point has always been , that outside of 2007, Beckett$ has always been overpaid & underperforming !!!   The fact that the Dodgers were dumb enough to take him off of Ben's hands was a stroke of gooood fortune for Red Sox Nation !!!  And this is no longer up for debate......  As HILLARY CLINTON would say.......... "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?? THE TRADE WAS NEEDED & WAS COMPLETED" !!!!

I'm replying to this so I can find it again when you start crying about us not having Beckett when he's pitching well for the Dodgers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Thanks for yet another thread that says absolutelty nothing...

Won't you have EGG on your FACE when the "DEED" is done ????

wont you have egg on your face when this DOES NOT happen?? no, you'll just make another inane post about a blockbuster that won't happen.

btw people would probably be nicer to you if you didn't ramble 24/4 and actually provided SOME specifics. Even your boyfriend stiffy can provide specifics. and we all know how much you look up to that stiffy! Make stiffy proud and give us a plausible trade scenario!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

And his habit of calling us t ballers irks me too.

aw carnie, can't you recognize sarcastic humor? It could be worst ya know. he could be calling us T-baggahs!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

aw carnie, can't you recognize sarcastic humor? It could be worst ya know. he could be calling us T-baggahs!!!!!

There is that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The trade market for Jarrod Saltalamacchia apparently has shrunken as Seattle appears on the verge of signing catcher Kelly Shoppach:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130129&content_id=41244674&vkey=news_sea&c_id=sea

Last season the Red Sox got 1.2 WAR from Shoppach in 48 games and 2.0 WAR from Saltalamacchia in 121 games:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=c&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=8&season=2012&month=0&season1=2012&ind=0&team=3&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

Shoppach reportedly will receive a $1.5 milliion base salary with another $500,000 in incentives. Saltalamacchia will earn $4.5 million in 2013.

The pending acquisition of Shoppach means the Mariners will need to clear another roster slot, possibly making available in trade Mike Carp or Justin Smoak, rumored players of interest to the Red Sox.

If anything this would mean Salty is more in play for the Mariners because they just acquired a BUC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Your a good man, HAMMAH !!!!

thanks Bill! As dad would say, your not such a bad fellah yerself.......this forum is supposed to be fun and entertaining. but I do agree with you man. I think that Ben has something up his sleeve with all the surplus arms he's got. one more day and it's finally Febuary! couple of weeks and the road to recovery begins.

GO SOX!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This is how I look at it all ye who would disparage Bill:

He is oft times ridiculous.  Sometimes annoying.  Always a few beats off.

But, what would Public enemy be without Flav-o-Flav?

Bill is the BDC Flavo-Flav.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah  Booyyyeeeeeeeeeeee

What say ye, T ballers?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

What say ye, T ballers?

Hi ya Space! man, you just gave me a great idea for a T-shirt...........Bill-806 says "what say you T-ballers" ............we could make a fortune.................hahahahahahahaha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Well lets start with BENGANZI !!   the biggest COVER UP EVAA  !!!

Ok, let's hear in your own words what happened. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

And my point has always been , that outside of 2007, Beckett$ has always been overpaid & underperforming !!!   The fact that the Dodgers were dumb enough to take him off of Ben's hands was a stroke of gooood fortune for Red Sox Nation !!!  And this is no longer up for debate......  As HILLARY CLINTON would say.......... "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?? THE TRADE WAS NEEDED & WAS COMPLETED" !!!!

That is completely absurd, yet more proof that you are clueless.  2011 was probably his finest season to date, and he pitched very well in 2005, ok in 2008, very well in his all star 2009 season and ok in his early seasons with the Mariners.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What say ye, T ballers?

Well, he's no Chuck D, that's for sure.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

True dat! If barracks walls could talk!

When I served during the Clinton years, we were often told to keep the discontent to a minimum. A lot of my shipmates who retired during his tenure, refused the congratulatory letter from the prez. I was just glad I retired under GW.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts