Heads up here, as prredicted, coming soon .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Heads up here, as prredicted, coming soon .......

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I agree with Joe.  Beckett was a very good pitcher, and even had his moments in 2012, although far too few.   To say he had one good season in Boston 6 years ago shows the essence of whiny fandom.

He was outstanding in 2009 and 2011 (the year he had career low ERA and WHIP in 103IP).  Yes, he only had 13 wins.  But then the AL Cy Young that year went to a guy with only 14...

Until he slipped off the mound in TO in 2011, he had a 2.49 ERA with a whip < 1.00 and a .579 OPSa.  Verlander had much better run support, hence a better record, but park-adjusted, he was every bit as good as Verlander at that point.

In 2009, Beckett was 9th in WAR, 4th in wins, 2nd in winning percentage, and 3rd in complete games.

There is a huge difference between following a team and being a fan of the team.  A true fan should kind of know this stuff.  2011, in particular, should be pretty fresh in everyone's mind, since it was Beckett slipping off the mound which probably cost us the season.

Beckett$ was always part of the problem, not the solution !!!

You mean like when he saved our season in Cleveland in 2007? Then again, you probably think we would have won without Manny.

Maybe I should feel sorry for the guy......  I mean, did you know that he only gets "18 days off per season" ??????      Actually, I feel sorry for the L A DODGERS  !!!

Bill must be channeling his inner-pike. Doesn't even aknowledge the check-mate you just presented to him... He just goes on a tangent about nothing.

I don't think Bill's even a Red Sox fan. The only times I've ever seen him actually talk baseball on this forum it's to run down our players or former players. The rest of the time he's predicting some unspecified "blockbuster trade", obsessing over Jenny Dell or spewing tea party politics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I agree with Joe.  Beckett was a very good pitcher, and even had his moments in 2012, although far too few.   To say he had one good season in Boston 6 years ago shows the essence of whiny fandom.

He was outstanding in 2009 and 2011 (the year he had career low ERA and WHIP in 103IP).  Yes, he only had 13 wins.  But then the AL Cy Young that year went to a guy with only 14...

Until he slipped off the mound in TO in 2011, he had a 2.49 ERA with a whip < 1.00 and a .579 OPSa.  Verlander had much better run support, hence a better record, but park-adjusted, he was every bit as good as Verlander at that point.

In 2009, Beckett was 9th in WAR, 4th in wins, 2nd in winning percentage, and 3rd in complete games.

There is a huge difference between following a team and being a fan of the team.  A true fan should kind of know this stuff.  2011, in particular, should be pretty fresh in everyone's mind, since it was Beckett slipping off the mound which probably cost us the season.

You mean like when he saved our season in Cleveland in 2007? Then again, you probably think we would have won without Manny.

Maybe I should feel sorry for the guy......  I mean, did you know that he only gets "18 days off per season" ??????      Actually, I feel sorry for the L A DODGERS  !!!

Bill must be channeling his inner-pike. Doesn't even aknowledge the check-mate you just presented to him... He just goes on a tangent about nothing.

I don't think Bill's even a Red Sox fan. The only times I've ever seen him actually talk baseball on this forum it's to run down our players or former players. The rest of the time he's predicting some unspecified "blockbuster trade", obsessing over Jenny Dell or spewing tea party politics.

and my post was deleted...... for what?? priorities moderators..... priorities

anyway, i hate to burst his bubble but there will be no blockbuster. We just had a blockbuster trade not too long ago that helped us out immensely. don't be greedy Billiam.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

anyway, i hate to burst his bubble but there will be no blockbuster. We just had a blockbuster trade not too long ago that helped us out immensely. don't be greedy Billiam.

Maybe the mere mention of pike is enough to get a post deleted now. If it's not, it should be.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

My post was deleted too...presumably for calling him "Idiot Bill".  I'll call him Genius Bill going forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

that's the only thing i can think of....

but the biggest thing i have against the mods is the lack of consistency.. If your going to delete my post because it doesn't pertain to baseball or whatever the reasoning is then at least delete all the other non-baseball, politic-ridden, personal-attack filled posts..

Your Right MEF ......  As the 2012 POY i think I will get involved with DOTTIE and the BDC people to work on just what your talking about !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

but the biggest thing i have against the mods is the lack of consistency.. If your going to delete my post because it doesn't pertain to baseball or whatever the reasoning is then at least delete all the other non-baseball, politic-ridden, personal-attack filled posts..

Your Right MEF ......  As the 2012 POY i think I will get involved with DOTTIE and the BDC people to work on just what your talking about !!

you do that. while your at it see if they can get the ignore button running again so i don't have to read anymore of your posts.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

you do that. while your at it see if they can get the ignore button running again so i don't have to read anymore of your posts.......

WOW  !!!    As DAD would say...............  "SON, THATS GRATITUDE FOR YOU" !!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NotPickinPeyton. Show NotPickinPeyton's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Bill is not capable of posting anything of substance but he craves attention so posts nonsense followed by "What do you think?"  Typically, as with this example, he will post the same nonsense about the same issue 5-10 times....no ideas, no details, just the same old nonsense. 

During his anti-Beckett tirades I pointed out that Beckett had had a fantastic 2011 season which good ole Bill denied.  I asked him at least 10 times why he thought Beckett had had a poor season in 2011 and he finally responded "I don't remember him winning any big games."

But Bill wins, as you are giving him the attention he craves.

I don't know what everyone is so hungry to call Bill out for this or that.  He's a good egg, even if he posts meaningless "blockbuster" drivel all the time.

I don't think he's a bad guy the way Stiffy is, but I think it's really anti-social and very annoying when someone relentlessly posts repetetive nonsense, usually filled with political commentary.

Someone once criticised me and others for not being respectful toward Bill, apparently a military veteran, to which I replied "So he can be relentlessy disrespectful toward the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces but is himself immune to criticism?"

No doubt.  Incredible hypocricy to tout one's own service as a badge of honor and then disrespect the chain of command will-nilly the way Bill does.  He deserves criticism for that. 

If our service people could speak freely, you would be surprised to see what level of CONFIDENCE the troops have in the CIC  (campaigner in chief)

Hey, whatever you want to call him Bill.  I can tell you take greast joy in denegrating our president.  I am merely pointing out how that reflects upon you as a soldier.

Spaceman,

I too am a Vet... and to be honest... When I left the military there have not been a whole lot of people who treated me as if I was any better than those who took the money rather than do the service. 

I hold NO ILL will to any of you that sat behind a desk and gathered a paycheck while I was being asked by my country to run around the world and protect her ( and therefore your) interests. 

However, now that I am no longer active duty- I ( and BILL) have a right to criticize any and every president just as much as the next person does.  Therefore, after having served for 21 years... I ( another veteran) actually respect any citizen more that is willing to question what this government is doing.... they are expressing a freedom that "I" was willing to die for if need be. 

I understand that while I sat oversees looking at the constant diatribes against the last president all over this board.... that was acceptable due to his political views.  However, by the same token- it is therefore acceptable to question this man's objectives in doing what he is doing at this time.  I am sorry but the current man in office has lied and covered up so many things that ONLY A FOOL does not question him at this point.  Just 6 months ago he swore that if you did not make $200,000/ yr you would see no tax burden increase... but alas that was nothing but a LIE!  Just two years ago he was busy telling us all how HIS MEDICAL PLAN would save everyone money... but again- THAT WAS A LIE....  He had a covert operation going on under his purview ( Fast and Furious) I am not sure if that described the gun running operation or how the WHite House acted when they were trying to get their backsides covered by declaring executive priviledge. 

Benghazi is a SHAME.... OUR government hung out four people to DIE... and we will never know the answers to why this occurred....  When it happened my Wife turned to me... saw the tears in My eyes, and said- "You won't be called"...   My reply to her was... "I WISH I COULD BE CALLED"... 

I am sorry... but it is the right and the priviledge of every American to question the government and her actions... and that includes the man who is responsible for those actions.... THE BUCK STOPS THERE!
    When the people are so complacent that they allow the takover of more than 20% of their rights by their leader.... SOMEONE must speak up.... The left is now stating ( SHarpton) that the Bill of RIghts are not guaranteed, and that the people have no Absolute rights under the constitution.... THAT IS BULL DUNG! 

Now let us get back to the baseball topic...   but BILL.... after defending you and that right to say what you want.... CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THE SILLY "GET NOWHERE" threads?  I have to come here tot his website to see the news of my home town team.  The only way I get any "REAL" info - because journalists sauk is to read the things others are talking about having heard on the radio...  When you start these threads, I really do not get the chance to get the BASEBALL (REDSOX) talk I so dearly crave....

HEY, anyone going to Fort Myers?  Maybe I could meet someone at a game... We now own a home down there and are moving down soon.  ANyone want to buy a home in the area? PM me I will help you.... I have contacts down there and it is still a great place to grab property at reasonable prices.... even if you want it as a seasonal property.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to NotPickinPeyton's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Bill is not capable of posting anything of substance but he craves attention so posts nonsense followed by "What do you think?"  Typically, as with this example, he will post the same nonsense about the same issue 5-10 times....no ideas, no details, just the same old nonsense. 

During his anti-Beckett tirades I pointed out that Beckett had had a fantastic 2011 season which good ole Bill denied.  I asked him at least 10 times why he thought Beckett had had a poor season in 2011 and he finally responded "I don't remember him winning any big games."

But Bill wins, as you are giving him the attention he craves.

I don't know what everyone is so hungry to call Bill out for this or that.  He's a good egg, even if he posts meaningless "blockbuster" drivel all the time.

I don't think he's a bad guy the way Stiffy is, but I think it's really anti-social and very annoying when someone relentlessly posts repetetive nonsense, usually filled with political commentary.

Someone once criticised me and others for not being respectful toward Bill, apparently a military veteran, to which I replied "So he can be relentlessy disrespectful toward the Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces but is himself immune to criticism?"

No doubt.  Incredible hypocricy to tout one's own service as a badge of honor and then disrespect the chain of command will-nilly the way Bill does.  He deserves criticism for that. 

If our service people could speak freely, you would be surprised to see what level of CONFIDENCE the troops have in the CIC  (campaigner in chief)

Hey, whatever you want to call him Bill.  I can tell you take greast joy in denegrating our president.  I am merely pointing out how that reflects upon you as a soldier.

Spaceman,

I too am a Vet... and to be honest... When I left the military there have not been a whole lot of people who treated me as if I was any better than those who took the money rather than do the service. 

I hold NO ILL will to any of you that sat behind a desk and gathered a paycheck while I was being asked by my country to run around the world and protect her ( and therefore your) interests. 

However, now that I am no longer active duty- I ( and BILL) have a right to criticize any and every president just as much as the next person does.  Therefore, after having served for 21 years... I ( another veteran) actually respect any citizen more that is willing to question what this government is doing.... they are expressing a freedom that "I" was willing to die for if need be. 

I understand that while I sat oversees looking at the constant diatribes against the last president all over this board.... that was acceptable due to his political views.  However, by the same token- it is therefore acceptable to question this man's objectives in doing what he is doing at this time.  I am sorry but the current man in office has lied and covered up so many things that ONLY A FOOL does not question him at this point.  Just 6 months ago he swore that if you did not make $200,000/ yr you would see no tax burden increase... but alas that was nothing but a LIE!  Just two years ago he was busy telling us all how HIS MEDICAL PLAN would save everyone money... but again- THAT WAS A LIE....  He had a covert operation going on under his purview ( Fast and Furious) I am not sure if that described the gun running operation or how the WHite House acted when they were trying to get their backsides covered by declaring executive priviledge. 

Benghazi is a SHAME.... OUR government hung out four people to DIE... and we will never know the answers to why this occurred....  When it happened my Wife turned to me... saw the tears in My eyes, and said- "You won't be called"...   My reply to her was... "I WISH I COULD BE CALLED"... 

I am sorry... but it is the right and the priviledge of every American to question the government and her actions... and that includes the man who is responsible for those actions.... THE BUCK STOPS THERE!
    When the people are so complacent that they allow the takover of more than 20% of their rights by their leader.... SOMEONE must speak up.... The left is now stating ( SHarpton) that the Bill of RIghts are not guaranteed, and that the people have no Absolute rights under the constitution.... THAT IS BULL DUNG! 

Now let us get back to the baseball topic...   but BILL.... after defending you and that right to say what you want.... CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THE SILLY "GET NOWHERE" threads?  I have to come here tot his website to see the news of my home town team.  The only way I get any "REAL" info - because journalists sauk is to read the things others are talking about having heard on the radio...  When you start these threads, I really do not get the chance to get the BASEBALL (REDSOX) talk I so dearly crave....

HEY, anyone going to Fort Myers?  Maybe I could meet someone at a game... We now own a home down there and are moving down soon.  ANyone want to buy a home in the area? PM me I will help you.... I have contacts down there and it is still a great place to grab property at reasonable prices.... even if you want it as a seasonal property.

N P PEYTON,   Your a good man SON  !!!  Thank you so much for your SERVICE....... And Thank You soooo much for saying what I have been trying to say but not as fluid as you.   This is a great Red Sox board and as we get to spring training the good baseball conversations will pick up..........  I still call for a "BLOCKBUSTER" as Ben has brought together a deep bullpen and catching staff.... Otherwords, this roster is not set yet !!!  ENJOY !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Sadly, people like you always mis the good times because you cannot see the forrest for the trees.

Beckett was the RS since he joined us.  When he did well, we did well.  When he had an issue, we lost.

2006-Bad season and we lost.

2007-Great season and we won the WS

2008-Solid season and we go to G7 of the ALCS.  We lose because he was pitching with an injury.

2009-Excellent season and another PO appearance.

2010-Bad season and we lst.

2011-Excellent season and we had the best record in BB, until he gets hurt in TO and the team fell apart.

2012-Bad season and we lost.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Notpickinpeyton!

I'd buy you a beer any time. Even if you were a "Lifer"............;-)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Criticism of a presidents actions and blatant disrespect for the office are two very different things.

I agree.

I didn't vote for him and he's done a poor job, IMO.

But, he's still the president. He's still my president.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

And on another recent post, MOON is calling for BEN to go out and get us another "TEXAS TOUGH GUY" ......  Mr Josh Beckett$......  How ironic, now that would be a "BLOCKBUSTER"!!!    for sure !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Hopefully the blockbuster is along the lines of Bogaerts, Bradley, Barnes, and Doubront for Giancarlo Stanton..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Hopefully the blockbuster is along the lines of Bogaerts, Bradley, Barnes, and Doubront for Giancarlo Stanton..

Can we keep Bogaerts and add Cecchini, Webster and Britton?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I doubt that offer is enough as it is, let alone reducing it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I doubt that offer is enough as it is, let alone reducing it.

Then, trade Ellsbury and Salty for prospects and flip them to the Marlins as well. Maybe add Iggy, Vinicio or Lin too-- just get this guy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I doubt there is any way to get Stanton snd keep Bogaerts...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, I get that.

Well, we do have several other SS prospects...

;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Yeah, I get that.

Well, we do have several other SS prospects...

;)

If we could pick up Stanton I'd rather keep Bradley anyway. Just from a team building perspective, Stanton would fill the part of the batting order we would be looking for Bogaerts to fill. I don't think we have a really good up and coming leadoff hitter outside Bradley though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I give both (and more) for Stanton and do not look back...

Sections
Shortcuts