Heath Hembree

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Heath Hembree

Promoted to Boston, from what I read throws very hard. Upper 90's, needs to work on secondary Pitches.
    SF was grooming him for Set-up man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Heath Hembree

I like Ben is bringing these kids up in the middle of a Pennant Race, teams they are facing aren't fooling around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  18h
    Per reporters in Pawtucket (@ESPNJoeyMac and @brianmacp), #RedSox are bringing RHP Heath Hembree (Peavy deal) to St. Louis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Sorry I'm wrong, my fault 1-0 Columbus, Pawsox are getting no-hit at this point. Sorry. Escobar has given up 7 hits.
    Excuse me I'm getting my eyes checked.

Swihart got first hit.
    Escobar 6 innings 8 hits 1 run, 5 K's. Not bad for a 22 year old at Triple AAA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think Hembree has the potential to be our next closer... maybe by 2016 or 2017.

Sox4ever

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What scares me about Luchinno or Ben or whoever is the GM is the deals they are making. Andrew Bailey was awful and injury prone. Thornton was terrible as well. Mujica looks shaky too. He trades Miller for a reliever who is struggling in Double AA Ball. No fewer than four teams were interested in a dominating left handed pitcher. Some team should have given their lungs for him. Allen Craig is already hurt and was damaged goods before he arrived. He should have checked out the medical s'more carefully. Pziernski was horrid and a bad clubhouse guy. They did nothing at the Winter Meetings. Victorino needs a MASH unit to keep him playing. Dempster was awful last year as well. They converted Daniel Bard to a reliever and ruined the guy. Do these guys really know what they are doing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What scares me about Luchinno or Ben or whoever is the GM is the deals they are making. Andrew Bailey was awful and injury prone. Thornton was terrible as well. Mujica looks shaky too. He trades Miller for a reliever who is struggling in Double AA Ball. No fewer than four teams were interested in a dominating left handed pitcher. Some team should have given their lungs for him. Allen Craig is already hurt and was damaged goods before he arrived. He should have checked out the medical s'more carefully. Pziernski was horrid and a bad clubhouse guy. They did nothing at the Winter Meetings. Victorino needs a MASH unit to keep him playing. Dempster was awful last year as well. They converted Daniel Bard to a reliever and ruined the guy. Do these guys really know what they are doing?

[/QUOTE]

Did you forget to mention a ring along the way?

The Uehara signing?

The fact that we don't win a ring without Naps and Vic last year?

I'm not defending every move these guys have made. I have been critical of several moves, including one you haven't even mentioned: Lester.

Other than the Lester and Drew deals, I think we did pretty well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you forget to mention a ring along the way?

The Uehara signing?

The fact that we don't win a ring without Naps and Vic last year?

I'm not defending every move these guys have made. I have been critical of several moves, including one you haven't even mentioned: Lester.

Other than the Lester and Drew deals, I think we did pretty well.

[/QUOTE]

Moon I truly believe last year surprised them more than us. Your right Lester was a bad loss and there is no way they are going to get him back with the Yankees, Seattle, the Dodgers, and Anaheim looking for pitching. Bad move on Luchinno's part, real bad letting him go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

What scares me about Luchinno or Ben or whoever is the GM is the deals they are making.

They openly admit making mistakes, but have overcome some of the greatest ones but changing tack and making deals no one would think possible (LAD and the mega bail-out trade), and have brought in pieces that fit so well that they won a World Series together.  

Andrew Bailey was awful and injury prone.

Injury-prone, true, but they had others in the wings.  Even after losing 2 closers to injury they gave us Koji, who was and is still a joy to watch, giving the game child-like vigor as well as stupendous quality.

Thornton was terrible as well.

Have you checked out how many teams have injury issues with their pitching staff?  NYYs have used like 28 different pitchers this season.  It isn't always about the FO, they can only go as far as the expected results fall short of or meet or overcome.  It isn't just our FO ...

Mujica looks shaky too.

I agree.  But sometimes he is quite good.    O crap .... I gotta run.   Sorry I couldn't finished .... 

He trades Miller for a reliever who is struggling in Double AA Ball. No fewer than four teams were interested in a dominating left handed pitcher. Some team should have given their lungs for him. Allen Craig is already hurt and was damaged goods before he arrived. He should have checked out the medical s'more carefully. Pziernski was horrid and a bad clubhouse guy. They did nothing at the Winter Meetings. Victorino needs a MASH unit to keep him playing. Dempster was awful last year as well. They converted Daniel Bard to a reliever and ruined the guy. Do these guys really know what they are doing?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Does anyone else think "Alan Embree" every time they see "Heath Hembree"?   

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon I truly believe last year surprised them more than us. Your right Lester was a bad loss and there is no way they are going to get him back with the Yankees, Seattle, the Dodgers, and Anaheim looking for pitching. Bad move on Luchinno's part, real bad letting him go.

Last year did surprise me. I pretty much wrote them off before 2013 even started. However, the fact remains that the Dodger trade set up the signings of Uehara, Napoli and Vic as well as Dempster.Those deals were a big part of winning a ring last year, but sadly Vic's injury and Dempster's demise look bad now. Some choose to harp on the negatives of these signings, but to me spending $39M last year for Vic, Naps and Demps and $29M for Vic & Naps this year, and $29M for Vic & naps next year was worth the one ring we won last year. We spent about $110M on Vic, Naps, Demps and Uehara. What were our other choices? Hamilton?

Yeah, anyone can go back with hindsight and say we should have done this instead of that, but I'm happy with a ring and a super strong farm and $65M to spend this winter. Ben does not have a lifelong get out of jail free card due to the ring last year. He's got to produce this winter, or he'll be on the hot seat in my eyes. 

Sox4ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Hembree has the potential to be our next closer... maybe by 2016 or 2017.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Agree

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Hembree has more of a reliever profile, which isn't the sexiest profile BUT, IF ALL he ever becomes is a really good reliever....that would have been a steal for Peavy.  Did anyone really expect to get anything for him?

And Eduardo Rodriguez is young for AA and considered rushed by many, and still young for AA.  According to some scouts, Rodriguez was the most talented pitcher traded at the deadline.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hembree has more of a reliever profile, which isn't the sexiest profile BUT, IF ALL he ever becomes is a really good reliever....that would have been a steal for Peavy.  Did anyone really expect to get anything for him?

And Eduardo Rodriguez is young for AA and considered rushed by many, and still young for AA.  According to some scouts, Rodriguez was the most talented pitcher traded at the deadline.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I think some Sox fans underestimate the value of Kelly, Hembree, Escobar & Hembree. We really upgraded our long term pitching outlook with these trades.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

How is possible to not like the Miller trade?  Miller will have maybe 20 IPs the rest of the way.  That's all we gave up.  In return, we received the #65 prospect in BB who has a 0.79 in his two starts in AA, with a 16/4 K/W in 11.1 IPs.  Even if Rodriguez fkattens out, this looks like a steal, imho.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How is possible to not like the Miller trade? Miller will have maybe 20 IPs the rest of the way. That's all we gave up. In return, we received the #65 prospect in BB who has a 0.79 in his two starts in AA, with a 16/4 K/W in 11.1 IPs. Even if Rodriguez fkattens out, this looks like a steal, imho.\

Exactly, and unlike Lester, there is a snowballs chance Miller returns here next year.

Sox4ever

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Based on your post, I'd say NO. Based on this season, I'd say NO. Based on what's been brought up from the farm, I'd say NO. Base on keeping Farrell as a manager, I'd say NO. Finally, 2013 was a complete unexpected surprise, no way to explain it, it was a paranormal phenomenon; and no one was more surprised than the INEPT FO. 

[/QUOTE]

gee whiz, betty. you sure are a grumpy one. i've grown tired of your act and will now block you. good life! and apologies accepted in advance for your misunderestimation of one Xander Bogaerts.

peeeace.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

How is possible to not like the Miller trade? Miller will have maybe 20 IPs the rest of the way. That's all we gave up. In return, we received the #65 prospect in BB who has a 0.79 in his two starts in AA, with a 16/4 K/W in 11.1 IPs. Even if Rodriguez fkattens out, this looks like a steal, imho.\

Exactly, and unlike Lester, there is a snowballs chance Miller returns here next year.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And he's not even a closer.  If Miller is worth a #65, I can't even imagine what Koji would be worth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And he's not even a closer.  If Miller is worth a #65, I can't even imagine what Koji would be worth.

[/QUOTE]

Worth a number 65? What does that mean?