HEIDI SOLD...for $5500! (see pic)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY

Yoshimi gave a good perspective from a woman's side.  Like she said, women do the same type of thing with male athletes.  My sister-in-law gets very interested in watching golf, but only when Adam Scott is playing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapiFan. Show PapiFan's posts

In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY:
    [QUOTE]Another wonderful yet POLAR discussion. There are men present who have to always and primarily discuss women in the context of appearance. Then there are many who discount women in sports. Hey, since Title IX, suffrage and the 60's our culture has legally seen women as equals. What would happen if all reporters were judged strictly on their ability to report the facts and be relevant? Excuse my thought but both examiner and papifan seem to think it is truly relevant to consider women purely as idols and objects. I gotta say their level of conversation is like a junior high school locker room.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

What a bunch of politically correct garbage.  There is a difference between treating a woman as a sexual object with no respect and acknowledging that somebody has a certain job because they are good looking.  What next, you want to pretend models have their jobs because of their posture?     If you actually believe that Heidi Watney's appearance did not factor into her position, then you are totally devoid of reality.  Heck NESN runs commercials with her in them.  Why do you think that is??  And women would find your attitude more offensive in not acknowledging the obvious this obvious glaring fact.  What next weather women are not hired in part because of their appearance.  Network news does not take into account personal appearance.  I really don't know what planet you live on, because the junior high school locker room atmosphere that you describe is big in corporate America.  Just turn on a television.  Look who is in these positions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY": [QUOTE]Another wonderful yet POLAR discussion. There are men present who have to always and primarily discuss women in the context of appearance. Then there are many who discount women in sports. Hey, since Title IX, suffrage and the 60's our culture has legally seen women as equals. What would happen if all reporters were judged strictly on their ability to report the facts and be relevant? Excuse my thought but both examiner and papifan seem to think it is truly relevant to consider women purely as idols and objects. I gotta say their level of conversation is like a junior high school locker room. Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE] PC crap. This is just a bunch of guys saying who they think looks nice. PC is exactly why you can't hardly compliment a woman half the time anymore without getting hit with a harassment suit. I have NEVER IN MY LIFE treated a woman like an object, or even thought as much, or been disrespectful or lude towards a woman. As usual, you're running off at the mouth about things you have no clue about. So if i say a woman is cute, or beautiful I'm a letch? Get a life man, and get over yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Funny WO. Before I could finish typing this you deleted your last post. LOL... Anyway.....You know the Buffalo Wings commercial where the guy pours the coffee on the switchboard and causes a blackout? You know the one? Well, that's about to happen at the cryogenic lab where your head is kept, and from whence you have Internet access wired directly into your cerebellum. In short order, you are about to go offline, and pray you don't thaw, because further decay will set in. ZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAPPPPP....POP...goodnight Ted....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

This thread is the perfect example of why almost every average (and even a lot of ugly women) think they are hot. I used to be shocked by the level of delusion. Some of the ugliest women I've ever seen honestly thought they were hot.

Then I started to realize how low most men's standards are. The bottom line is: all any woman under the age of 35 has to do to get laid is not be more than 50 pounds overweight and not be a complete psycho. That's it.

I would say Jenny Dell is clearly average looking. She's certainly not ugly. But she's not beautiful either. My girlfriend could lose three teeth and still be hotter than that woman.I'm sorry, I just don't get all the drooling.

As for sideline reporters, I have always thought it was a complete waste. I've been watching sports my whole life and outside of injury updates I can't think of one piece of usefull or even interesting info I've ever learned from any of them. That includes both genders.

I really don't see the point. Who is going to watch a game because of "eye candy"? Anybody? Please. Beautiful women are a dime a dozen. There isn't a sideline reporter on the face of the Earth that could make want to watch John Lackey pitch. And if the point is eye candy I'm sure they could have done much better than Dell.

I think sideline reporting is the least of our problems. The Sox suffered an epic meltdown last year. And the new GM acts like he is running the Pirates. Not a single improvement. Not even an addition by subtraction kind of deal. In the meantime, the Yankees pitching staff (which Ithink has been overrated for years) got markedly better in the offseason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

and you think watching muscular, young men, in tight uniforms paying a game at the height of their physical powers is not sexual???? 

The audience that pays the bills for Red Sox baseball is not women and a few perverted men watching young men play baseball in loose fitting uniforms.  

The press release referred to Jenny Dell as intelligent, but failed to mention bust size and youthful female apperance as part of "what she brings to the table". Of course, Jenny Dell met the requirement of the young sexual female image that men will oggle with lust. It has to be disappointing for all the well qualified and more intelligent older women who are unable to afford a Nancy Pelosi face lift and cosmetic surgery. One can't blame Dell for selling sex appeal, but it is truly a disgrace for the media to deny so many more qualified intelligent women who are old and part of the modern record unemployment under the disgraceful current administration.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE] The audience that pays the bills for Red Sox baseball is not women and a few perverted men watching young men play baseball in loose fitting uniforms.   Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

Uh....http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/07/05/boston_women_root_root_root_for_home_teams/?page=full

According to this, 77% of Boston Women call themselves Sox fans, and the numbers in female Sox fans have increased dramatically and demographics feel it is about 50/50 between male and female fans.  So....yeah....women are among the "fans that pay the bills".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]and you think watching muscular, young men, in tight uniforms paying a game at the height of their physical powers is not sexual????   The audience that pays the bills for Red Sox baseball is not women and a few perverted men watching young men play baseball in loose fitting uniforms.   The press release referred to Jenny Dell as intelligent, but failed to mention bust size and youthful female apperance as part of "what she brings to the table". Of course, Jenny Dell met the requirement of the young sexual female image that men will oggle with lust. It has to be disappointing for all the well qualified and more intelligent older women who are unable to afford a Nancy Pelosi face lift and cosmetic surgery. One can't blame Dell for selling sex appeal, but it is truly a disgrace for the media to deny so many more qualified intelligent women who are old and part of the modern record unemployment under the disgraceful current administration.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I'm amazed that anyone could pack so many incorrect statements into one post.

Nice attempt to politicize the thread. It won't work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I do think Amelie would be a fantastic sideline reporter.  She is a great interviewer, super baseball knowledgable, but with the fun factor to do the fluff pieces on ballpark fare etc.  AND, she could put to bed all the She's-Just-Eye-Candy objectification charges of the recent line of Sox sideline reporters.  She is not typically "hot" like your Watneys or Dells.  She would be all about her perspective and her fun personality, which a sideline reporter, male or female, should be all about

That being said, let me get pig-male for a minute: Amelie is a solid TEN on the Space-Hottie scale.  I am quirky hot librarian ALL DAY over either your Jens (Heidi) or your Angelinas (Dell).  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]I do think Amelie would be a fantastic sideline reporter.  She is a great interviewer, super baseball knowledgable, but with the fun factor to do the fluff pieces on ballpark fare etc.  AND, she could put to bed all the She's-Just-Eye-Candy objectification charges of the recent line of Sox sideline reporters.  She is not typically "hot" like your Watneys or Dells.  She would be all about her perspective and her fun personality, which a sideline reporter, male or female, should be all about That being said, let me get pig-male for a minute: Amelie is a solid TEN on the Space-Hottie scale.  I am quirky hot librarian ALL DAY over either your Jens (Heidi) or your Angelinas (Dell).  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

LMAO...good stuff.  FWIW the boys at the Surviving Grady blog think Amelie is that kind of hot too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

demographics feel it is about 50/50 between male and female fans

My wife calls herself "a Red Sox fan", but would never pay a plug nickle for anything associated with it. Jenny Dell, most likely a stage name, was hired to attract a male audience for ratings purposes because of the demographis that you make up as "50/50", a fantasy or delusion of your own mind. If you dispute that you are doing so for reasons that have nothing to do with reality.

It is what it is, the specific sale of a young female sexual image, a fact that media companies go to great lengths to deny under "attractive intelligent young woman". In reality, the attractive is the litmus test, which disqualifies numerous more qualified older and "unattractive" women. Media makes lawyers George Washington. Better to admit it when selling it, than to pretend to be "above that". 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]I do think Amelie would be a fantastic sideline reporter.  She is a great interviewer, super baseball knowledgable, but with the fun factor to do the fluff pieces on ballpark fare etc.  AND, she could put to bed all the She's-Just-Eye-Candy objectification charges of the recent line of Sox sideline reporters.  She is not typically "hot" like your Watneys or Dells.  She would be all about her perspective and her fun personality, which a sideline reporter, male or female, should be all about That being said, let me get pig-male for a minute: Amelie is a solid TEN on the Space-Hottie scale.  I am quirky hot librarian ALL DAY over either your Jens (Heidi) or your Angelinas (Dell).  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I agree. I know a young lady who is absolutley smokin' hot with glasses.

Unfortunately, she doesn't wear them nearly enough. She doesn't believe me when I tell her how good she looks in them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I know a young lady who is absolutley smokin' hot with glasses.

Jenny Dell, sold to one lustful delinquent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE] I know a young lady who is absolutley smokin' hot with glasses. Jenny Dell, sold to one lustful delinquent.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware Ms. Dell wore specs...

Don't get a nosebleed way up there on your high horse, blowhard.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : oh really, u do realize that we all start off with a vaggina but men keep going and women are cut off so to speak. u can say a vaggina is a defective penisss. btw, i would rather own a watney than a DELL anyday. my dell was always HARD to turn on!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

What the bloody hell are you talking about?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : What the bloody hell are you talking about?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

One too many hits...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jenny Dell is smoking hot....blows away Heidi

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]demographics feel it is about 50/50 between male and female fans My wife calls herself "a Red Sox fan", but would never pay a plug nickle for anything associated with it. Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where you are going with this logic: are you saying that because your wife does not purchase anything Red Sox related that no female anywhere does and therefore women do not make up the paying part of the Red Sox fans?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

wait, softy is married? say what?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]wait, softy is married? say what?
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

There really IS someone for everyone!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

None of them can hold a candle to Laura Logan on 60 minutes. She is both professional and gorgeous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : What the bloody hell are you talking about?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]its a x and y chromosome thing, go read up about it. we all start out as women, some may say men go on to evoleve to a "higher" level with the y-chromosome thing (hence, the peniss)... btw, to the guy talking about jenny dell and glasses, see SARAH  PALIN! sarah minus the glasses would have lost traction years ago. megyn kelly on the exploitive fox news used to wear them all the time a few years back... no wonder she got a rise out of the audience and her pole (hmm, her polll) numbers. for the guy saying women don't buy apparel, ur dead wrong. many do. thats y they must be walk a fine line between sexy and kelly bundy. thats a turn off to many women. want them pretty but presented as "strong" role models to younger women, got it?

kind of like what stacy keibler was in the wwwe or most sideline reporters today. smart, intelligent, personable, but with lots of cleavage and sexy flirty voices... call it the Guerrero effect. Michelle Guerrerro on Monday night football started the present trend, of course erin andrews has taken it to a whole different level.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : its a x and y chromosome thing, go read up about it. we all start out as women, some may say men go on to evoleve to a "higher" level with the y-chromosome thing (hence, the peniss)... btw, to the guy talking about jenny dell and glasses, see SARAH  PALIN! sarah minus the glasses would have lost traction years ago. megyn kelly on the exploitive fox news used to wear them all the time a few years back... no wonder she got a rise out of the audience and her pole (hmm, her polll) numbers. for the guy saying women don't buy apparel, ur dead wrong. many do. thats y they must be walk a fine line between sexy and kelly bundy. thats a turn off to many women. want them pretty but presented as "strong" role models to younger women, got it? kind of like what stacy keibler was in the wwwe or most sideline reporters today. smart, intelligent, personable, but with lots of cleavage and sexy flirty voices... call it the Guerrero effect. Michelle Guerrerro on Monday night football started the present trend, of course erin andrews has taken it to a whole different level.
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]

Please step away from the bar.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]Phyllis George anyone?
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    sure, if she looks anything like that today! like with ms. watnety in 15 years or so, would be time to be discarded for the next fox of the moment. thats y it helps for them to marry well, save their money and have a life beyond their beauty and looks. beauty fades but stupid is forever!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : I hope, for your sake, none of your daughters choose a job where being eye candy is part of the job description. Doesn't sound like you'd handle it very well.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]yep bla bla and bla.. heidi is whining all the way to the bank. look hot, work 6 months a year at best for 5 real hours at best and get paid 7 figurs in salary and appearances. i hope my daughter turns out as hot eye candy as her. i draw the line at touching or threening or harassment. they can ogle all they want, just make sure the checks have enough ZEROs. get off the pious soap box.