HEIDI SOLD...for $5500! (see pic)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY

In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY:

Posted by devildavid

I call you one Rita and raise one Veronica Lake

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Ironically, the critics of using attractive female sideline reporters may be more guilty of denigrating attractive women than the males whose tongues are hanging out. Why do we always assume that attractive women can't be intelligent as well?

I have three intelligent sisters and men have told me they find them attractive. I was not offended by this at all. You can't control how you are perceived and you should not judge others by appearance alone. Even ogling men know this is true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : I was as guilty as anyone else when I was young, but my perspective has changed as the father of incredibly gifted teenage daughters who should never be treated as nothing more than eye candy.
    Posted by hill55

Lead on by example Hill; recognizing and only speaking the truth.

I wish Jenny Dell all the best and am thankful for Heidi Watney's contributions while here. There really is no need for comparisons of any kind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Haven't met a strong, beautiful, confident woman who was not also endowed with intelligence and ability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'd hit it.  Heidi was like the girl on the episode of Seinfeld who was hot one moment then under different lighting was hideous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : I was as guilty as anyone else when I was young, but my perspective has changed as the father of incredibly gifted teenage daughters who should never be treated as nothing more than eye candy.
    Posted by hill55

I hope, for your sake, none of your daughters choose a job where being eye candy is part of the job description.

Doesn't sound like you'd handle it very well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I wanted to see Moneyball because I really enjoyed the book and was curious on how they were going to make it into a movie.  To be honest, I think Brad Pitt is not good looking at all.   However, I will admit to sitting through Labyrinth because of David Bowie.   And yeah...I enjoy the game of baseball and I also enjoy watching the hot dudes who play baseball.  Women can be just as shallow as men...we just aren't that open about it.  Well, most of us aren't, anyway. 

I figured out a long time ago that dudes are going to look at pretty girls.  And that dudes like looking at pretty girls.  And 90% of those dudes who look at pretty girls and make their shallow comments are dudes who also see women as more than just eye candy.   

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and no matter what you do, or how you look, or how old you are...there will be someone out there that will see you as eye candy only...(I'm still looking for that dude for me, btw...I know he's out there....he's just got to be.... i hope ....*sob*...)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapiFan. Show PapiFan's posts

Posted by hill55

Men have daughters and become fathers all the time.  Most of them don't turn asexual and are mature and smart enough to recognize that sideline reporters like Heidi Watney are on the air specifically because they are eye candy.  You both need to get a grip on reality.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I wanted to see Moneyball because I really enjoyed the book and was curious on how they were going to make it into a movie.  To be honest, I think Brad Pitt is not good looking at all.   However, I will admit to sitting through Labyrinth because of David Bowie.   And yeah...I enjoy the game of baseball and I also enjoy watching the hot dudes who play baseball.  Women can be just as shallow as men...we just aren't that open about it.  Well, most of us aren't, anyway.  I figured out a long time ago that dudes are going to look at pretty girls.  And that dudes like looking at pretty girls.  And 90% of those dudes who look at pretty girls and make their shallow comments are dudes who also see women as more than just eye candy.
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Thanks for such a sensible perspective on this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I wanted to see Moneyball because I really enjoyed the book and was curious on how they were going to make it into a movie.  To be honest, I think Brad Pitt is not good looking at all.   However, I will admit to sitting through Labyrinth because of David Bowie.   And yeah...I enjoy the game of baseball and I also enjoy watching the hot dudes who play baseball.  Women can be just as shallow as men...we just aren't that open about it.  Well, most of us aren't, anyway.  I figured out a long time ago that dudes are going to look at pretty girls.  And that dudes like looking at pretty girls.  And 90% of those dudes who look at pretty girls and make their shallow comments are dudes who also see women as more than just eye candy.    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - and no matter what you do, or how you look, or how old you are...there will be someone out there that will see you as eye candy only...(I'm still looking for that dude for me, btw...I know he's out there....he's just got to be.... i hope ....*sob*...)
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Just what this thread has been missing; a sense of humor.

Thank you!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : and you think watching muscular, young men, in tight uniforms paying a game at the height of their physical powers is not sexual????  Virility and sexual prowess drenches every sport....not just the sideline eye candy....
    Posted by georom4

Welcome to the heart of the Softy/Ellsbury mania.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I'd hit it.  Heidi was like the girl on the episode of Seinfeld who was hot one moment then under different lighting was hideous.
    Posted by tcal2-

Which is known as a "two facer"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Haven't met a strong, beautiful, confident woman who was not also endowed with intelligence and ability.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Perhaps you need to get out more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Amalie Benjamin was cute, but Hiedi was beautiful. Not to say that one is necessarily better than the other, just good looking in a different way. This new one has a bit of a sporty bimbo look to her, Hiedi looked a little more classy IMO--and I'm one that almost always prefer brunettes to blondes. But whatever, I'm sure we will get used to her.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapiFan. Show PapiFan's posts

Amalie Benjamin was cute, but Hiedi was beautiful. Not to say that one is necessarily better than the other, just good looking in a different way. This new one has a bit of a sporty bimbo look to her, Hiedi looked a little more classy IMO--and I'm one that almost always prefer brunettes to blondes. But whatever, I'm sure we will get used to her.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Benjamin should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Heidi Watney when comparing physical beauty.  And that is not a knock on Benjamin who is a nice looking woman, but Watney could pass for a super model.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pUArWRhlIU already i'm pessimistic about the season. how do we go from a watney to a dell? if this is how we will be replacing the paps, wakes and scutaros, we are in for a longgg season. i saw her a few times on espn, she wouldnt pull off eating a hot dog on cam as our heidi. great voice but she's a bit too serious looking and acting, acts like she's a real journalist. wow, i bet the guys on the sox would like to pull stuff like on the video. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

You must be blind, none of these sideline reporters are worth anything other than eye candy so if you dont get this you must be blind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : You must be blind, none of these sideline reporters are worth anything other than eye candy so if you dont get this you must be blind.
    Posted by fourrings

WesternOregon mentioned Seattle's Shannon Drayer, a clubhouse reporter of substance who also writes an informative blog at the website of 710 ESPN radio:

http://mynorthwest.com/category/mariners_blog/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Not all of the female sports commentators and interviewers are eye candy.  The woman who does on-court interviews for NBA games is no raving beauty.  Nor are some of the studio gals, like Jeanie Zaleski or whatever her name is. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I couldn't stand listening to Heidi Watney.  She was no Tina Cervasio.  Tina was great.  She was pretty but she wasn't trying to get by on her looks.  She acted like she knew a little bit of baseball and actually understood the questions she was asking.  Too many times Watney would ask a question and then non her head like she was told to do to give the impression that she was listening, when she was really just waiting for the person's mouth to stop moving so she could ask her next question.

Cervasio seemed to actually understand the question she had asked and was able to ask on the spot follow up questions.

But I will miss those segments where Heidi would sample the local cuisine - the Corn Dog was my personal favorite.  I guess no one told her that she didn't actually have to put her hand on the back of her head and act like she was forcing herself to eat the corn dog, or did I just imagine that happening?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY":
    In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : Benjamin should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Heidi Watney when comparing physical beauty.  And that is not a knock on Benjamin who is a nice looking woman, but Watney could pass for a super model. Posted by PapiFan
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but I just though Amalie had a certain charm about her that was kind of down to earth. But I never met the woman, what do I know? She could be a winch for all I know.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by devildavid
    Now THAT is a good looking woman with class.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I enjoyed all of them and many for different reasons. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: JENNY DELL IS NO HEIDI WATNEY : she's got that hot librarian thing going Posted by pinstripezac
    LOL...exactly!

Sections
Shortcuts