Hello Ben,Ben....Are you there Ben? I've got something to run by you. Ben? "I'm sorry Mr. Daniels, Mr. Cherrington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Hello Ben,Ben....Are you there Ben? I've got something to run by you. Ben? "I'm sorry Mr. Daniels, Mr. Cherrington

has left the building.Would you like to leave a call back number? #%#@& SLAM!!! Wonder what that was all about? He sounded anxious. (6) saberguys in an office listening to that call come in from Jon Daniels of the Texas Rangers. What do you think he wants? Probably RH hitters. Who we got that we can give up? Napoli and Middlebrooks. What do we need in return? A package, 3-5 players, give us a list we'll pick em out. Clear this through Mr.  Cherrington before he makes the call back so he can be ready. Leona, get Mr. Daniels on the line, Mr. Cherrington is ready. Mr. Daniels is on line  one Mr. Cherrington, " Jon, That Texas Stagecoach got a couple of loose wheels?, Talk to me."             And on it goes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Hello Ben,Ben....Are you there Ben? I've got something to run by you. Ben?

???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

eggplants seems really psyched to trade Napoli.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Actually I think I missed what I was going for. I wanted to show Ben as not being pro-active at this time and the Texas Rangers as going for it, a playoff spot, by being pro-active. Pulling out all stops to get a bat or two or whatever else it takes to improve their team for the remaining games. I know they're going for it. They made the Garza trade so you know they're all in and looking for trading partners. We have a chip or two to play here that could work to our advantage. I was hoping for at least a conversation with the Rangers on the possibilities.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Texas and the Sox are in totally different situations. The Sox are not in a go for it now at all costs situation like Texas. The rangers have been to the WS a few times recently only to come out onthe wrong end. Nelson, Garza, Berkman, Pierzynski, Nathan, Murphy, Lewis, and Soto are all FA or have an option.

they have some key players moving on and are in a more "desperate" situation to go for it now. theyve given up some good prospects to get garza for 2 months. The Sox, although doiung much better than expected, arent in that situation yet. They arent ready to sell the future to win this year. I dont blame them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:

Actually I think I missed what I was going for. I wanted to show Ben as not being pro-active at this time and the Texas Rangers as going for it, a playoff spot, by being pro-active. Pulling out all stops to get a bat or two or whatever else it takes to improve their team for the remaining games. I know they're going for it. They made the Garza trade so you know they're all in and looking for trading partners. We have a chip or two to play here that could work to our advantage. I was hoping for at least a conversation with the Rangers on the possibilities.

Perhaps the reason why TX is calling for offense is that they traded Chris Davis (37 HRs) for an RP.

Do you think TX made a good move going for it and losing the major league leader in HRs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The Rangers are scrambling because their second-best hitter is about to be suspended for the remainder of the season.  Peavy is probably going to Oakland to replace their cheating ace.  In fact, the Red Sox are the only division leader in the AL without an all-star who is about to be sidelined for the season.  I'd say their the FO model to follow this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Perhaps the reason why TX is calling for offense is that they traded Chris Davis (37 HRs) for an RP.

Do you think TX made a good move going for it and losing the major league leader in HRs?

[/QUOTE]

Man what a backfiring deadline move that was.  Rangers fans may come to know it the way we know the Bagwell trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

The Rangers are scrambling because their second-best hitter is about to be suspended for the remainder of the season.  Peavy is probably going to Oakland to replace their cheating ace.  In fact, the Red Sox are the only division leader in the AL without an all-star who is about to be sidelined for the season.  I'd say their the FO model to follow this season.

We already have an all star who may well not pitch again this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hello egglplant, eggplant....Arey you there?  I've got something to run by you.  Eggplant?

Stay crazy.  It's better when you don't explain your gibberish.  Some of us, and this is going to shock you, think Ben C has actually righted the ship and just might deserve executive of the year or whatever they call the GM award. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Max, sorry for the confusion. I wasn't able to clearly convey what I was going for in my first post. I tried to expand on what I was intending a little later on to try and clear it up. Crazy?...maybe. I'm sure Ben will get credit for the turnaround if the Sox make the playoffs, even if it's the WC game. His opportunity to secure that postseason award is now. He has to make a move that clearly helps the Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts