Henry & LL Take Sides: Bobby V. Stays! Fans Can TAKE A HIKE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Henry & LL Take Sides: Bobby V. Stays! Fans Can TAKE A HIKE!

Boy!  They killed my other thread quickly  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Henry & LL Take Sides: Bobby V. Stays! Fans Can TAKE A HIKE!

Yes!  "TAKE A HIKE" is my euphemism for .........  well you get it.

Anyway....  I don't want to re-type my whole thesis, but smart fans get my point.  They are clearly telling fans that "throwing their support" behind little bobby v. is more important than trying to make a run!  

As I said before, I will still watch, as THIS TEAM was OURS long before they officially bought it.  

BUT!!!!!!   I will buy NOTHING until changes are made!  NOTHING!

p.s.  My harsh boycott naturally excludes DD & Papa Gino's   :) 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The decision to keep bobby v. is the ultimate "cutting off your nose to spite your face" decision.  So, they don't want to send the "wrong message," & have it seem that little bobby v. is taking the fall??  How does that help this team win?  Bobby V. is responsible for a good share of the dysfunction surrounding this team.  His mouth is constantly causing problems!  There is NO QUESTION that bobby v. shares in the blame!  NONE!  More importantly, Bobby V. is the ONLY REALISTIC MOVE TO SPARK A RUN AT THE POST SEASON!

We all know that the players are primarily to blame!  We all know that ownership & LL have enabled the players to act like spoiled brats by allowing them to constantly run up the stairs with the pettiest of grievances!  So, how does canning bobby v. undercut what we already know?

Fine!  You want to stick to the current "we have our manager's back," NOW!  After undercutting him all season long????  What a JOKE!!!

Well, hear our message loud & clear!  We buy absolutely NO RS MERCHANDISE until you get serious!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The owners can do whatever they wish to. All that you can do is to be catharctic and vent. Go ahead and vent, it is good for you. Get it out of your system.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Henry & LL Take Sides: Bobby V. Stays! Fans Can TAKE A HIKE!:
    [QUOTE]The owners can do whatever they wish to. All that you can do is to be catharctic and vent. Go ahead and vent, it is good for you. Get it out of your system.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

YOU GOT IT!  :)

p.s.  I actually do feel a little better.

Although, sitting here listening to LL on D & C (NESN), I'm getting more & more worked up.  I will buy nothing from any of the sponsors!  NOTHING! 

(all sponsor boycotts naturally exclude DD & Papa Gino's:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

dirtdog, it is ACCEPTING the situation and not doing anything to fix it...that's exactly what keeping BV in charge really means.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why is it when guys like D & C get LL or any of the powers that be on the line, they always pull back from the tough follow up questions?

How about...... After the "will bobby v. stay the manager?"  Luchino: Yes!

a) Hasn't bobby added to the dysfunction by bringing up issues, i.e. The Middlebrooks thing, The Youk thing, The Avilles thing, etc. etc. etc.
    b) Does his inability to work with & communicate with his coaches hurt this team?
    c) Why do you guys continue to allow players to come running to you with complaints, if you "have bobby's back?"
    ^) Don't you think this has undercut bobby's authority from day 1?
    d) Doesn't this seem like a non sequitur?
    e) Did A-Gon text Henry about wanting a "circle _______?"
    f) Was it helpful to not invite bobby v. to this latest circle ______?"

* Do you realize that non of the fans are buying any of this?

Do these guys simply not prepare for these calls, or do they need to sack up?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Henry & LL Take Sides: Bobby V. Stays! Fans Can TAKE A HIKE!:
    [QUOTE]dirtdog, it is ACCEPTING the situation and not doing anything to fix it...that's exactly what keeping BV in charge really means.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ danny.  That's certainly part of it, but I think it's more about appearing to still be in charge & calling the shots.  Not wanting to be "forced into" making yet another bad decision.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

My car wasn't running properly over the weekend so I emptied the ashtray and guess what? It still sounds terrible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]My car wasn't running properly over the weekend so I emptied the ashtray and guess what? It still sounds terrible.

OOOOOh!  Nice analogy!   That would be a great one, if it made sense.  :)

Perhaps it was the alternator that needs replacing.  When constructing metaphors, it is always important to ask one's self, "does this make any f'n sense?  Is this fitting?"

It lets the reader know you understand what you're writing about.  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]My car wasn't running properly over the weekend so I emptied the ashtray and guess what? It still sounds terrible.

C-    Nice effort, but lacks a consistent and appropriate comparative

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The analogy was directed at Cater for preaching to us that if BV is fired then everything will turn out for the better. He isn't sure of it but advocates that anything is worth a try since nothing else has worked. Get it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The Red Sox have clearly taken a do nothing policy because they do not want to admit making mistakes along the way.

They have not once mentioned anything about any of the terrible signings being terrible signing and they have continued to make more terrible signings (until last winter when they finally seemed to smarten up).

I can understand not saying much about the terrible signings because, I guess, that there has always been hope of trading these guys.  I find it very interesting what they will say when Matsuzaka's contract runs out.

By not firing Valentine and steadfastly stating that he is THE manager through the rest of the season they are again making a huge mistake of not admitting that they made a mistake by signing him.  I am sure that we all have clearly noted that they have yet to mention anything about Valentine's contract for the 2013 season.

Shoppach was very careful in what he said to the NY paper the other day after being traded.  Wait till Valentine is replaced to hear much, much more about the Valentine season in Boston.

In most businesses, there already would have been a change in the manager position if things were going this badly, but the Sox have enough money and lack of concern for their customers that they err on the side of doing nothing so as to not look bad.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]The analogy was directed at Cater for preaching to us that if BV is fired then everything will turn out for the better. He isn't sure of it but advocates that anything is worth a try since nothing else has worked. Get it?

However, your analogy draws the parallels from the dumping your ashtray to dumping bobby v.  You say dumping the ashtray didn't get your car running right.  The problem is, Bobby v. is not analogous to the ashtray, he is the alternator, or some other such RELEVANT car part.  The ashtray has absolutely nothing to do with how the car runs.  Bobby V., or any manager, is critical to the team running well.

In other words, you are an idiot!  Sorry!  That was harsh.  Keep working hard.  Soon you will be a master of analogies. At least you won't suck! :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Henry & LL Take Sides: Bobby V. Stays! Fans Can TAKE A HIKE! : However, your analogy draws the parallels from the dumping your ashtray to dumping bobby v.  You say dumping the ashtray didn't get your car running right.  The problem is, Bobby v. is not analogous to the ashtray, he is the alternator, or some other such RELEVANT car part.  The ashtray has absolutely nothing to do with how the car runs.  Bobby V., or any manager, is critical to the team running well. In other words, you are an idiot!  Sorry!  That was harsh.  Keep working hard.  Soon you will be a master of analogies. At least you won't suck! :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

It was called "Overstatement". Sure I could have used the alternator instead. The analogy had to be overstated for it to be effective.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]We all know that the players are primarily to blame!   The players are totally to blame, and have the stolen money for zero consideration to prove it.  Youk wasn't the problem, but despite attempts to do so, his contract was too short to have any stature to force player leadership to demand individual player accountability to show up for work and respect the game by playing professional baseball. Valentine will need to take the cry baby fan and media abuse, as he finished the necessary job of cleaning out the stalls of abject failure players in team leadership positions. Anyone who doesn't know who they are is a mental midget.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Says the master of the non sequitur!   :)

Nice try Soft One!  Try to stay focused though.  I know it's tough when your not discussing your favorite subject (homosexuality), but try none the less.  Also, you seem to lack the passion you have for your obsession.  It comes across in the "voice" of your writing.  Stick to what you know & care about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Henry & LL Take Sides: Bobby V. Stays! Fans Can TAKE A HIKE! : It was called "Overstatement". Sure I could have used the alternator instead. The analogy had to be overstated for it to be effective.

I hear you.  Nice try.  It simply makes you sound stupid.  Not your intended target.  Keep trying though.  You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The players are totally to blame, and have the stolen money for zero consideration to prove it. "

I don't disagree with holding the players accountable, but if it's all the players fault why were you hollering for Cherry's firing for months in here and taking pride in that fact yesterday?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The owners can do whatever they wish to"

OK Pike, so I know you worship at the alter of those in charge but that's actually not true. The owners are bound by a number of firm rules and regulations. In addition to that, there's the problem of commerce, and the declining TV ratings that are the inevitable result of such a shoddy and underperforming (for the money) team we have today. The owners are ultimately accountable to fans, I know this is hard for you to wrap your head around. Give it a try. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]" The players are totally to blame, and have the stolen money for zero consideration to prove it. " I don't disagree with holding the players accountable, but if it's all the players fault why were you hollering for Cherry's firing for months in here and taking pride in that fact yesterday?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Why would you expect the king of incoherent non sequiturs to be consistent.  What's inherent in the non sequitur is one statement not following the other.  This comes very naturally to him.  He's quite good at it, without so much as trying. 
    btw...  Softy is not a troll, he simply is not all there.  We're talking about a truely and honestly disturbed person.  Trolls have a purpose.  Softy is simply a sad person. My God. The poor guy is still trying to convince us he's a lawyer. :) Give the poor old guy a break.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]To bad they didn't kill Juniorhigh dirtdung, instead of his blathering threads. Troll, it's Cherry's job to get rid of the players who are in leadership positions and have failed to demand individual player accountablity. Since Cherry brought them in, he's obviously not the guy to get rid of them. Larry will be doing that.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Too bad Soft one.  How are you feeling today?  You simply have to get back on your "program."  I'm worried about you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Examiner just recently replaced the alternator on his car. If anyone needs any advice on how to do that, just ask Examiner.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts