Henry Owens - Portland AA Debut Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Henry Owens - Portland AA Debut Tonight

In his AA debut at Portland, Henry Owens pitched 6 innings, gave up 4 hits, walked 2 and struck out 11. This kid seems to be the real deal. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Henry Owens - Portland AA Debut Tonight

11 K's season high.....in his AA debut!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

nice numbers....looking good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Starting to think he has the most potential out of all the pitchers in our system. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hello Owens, goodbye Lester. If Jon Lester doesn't right his own ship that will be the headline in June of 2014.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I'm feeling foolish after I told myself I would part with him for Cliff Lee. 

Owens is no longer a single A pitcher with potential...AA is the home for legitimate prospects to prove themselves and he posted an impressive start in his debut. Couple that with Peavy's dominant start last night and I think BC is looking pretty smart after the deadline (hanging onto top prospects and selling high on Iggy)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

In his AA debut at Portland, Henry Owens pitched 6 innings, gave up 4 hits, walked 2 and struck out 11. This kid seems to be the real deal. 

I am sure he looks forward to your positive analysis's once he makes it to Boston.

Way to add value to the topic Burrito

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Thanks & Wow.  I try not to get overly excited about prospects because they come and go, but this kind of introduction to AA deserves a major 'wow'.  Combined with Renaudo's introduction to AAA, good time to be a RS fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/ask-ba-heaney-headlines-southpaw-prospects/

Good read on the top southpaws in the minors.  Nice to see Owens in the same ranks of some high ceilling talent. 

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts