Henry Owens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Henry Owens

His hitless streak is over at 19 1/3 innings.  Wow.

Now that it's over, I would hope he would be promoted to AA, as he's just making would-be hitters look ridiculous at Salem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Henry Owens

I agree, what more does he need to prove in A-ball? Send him up to Portland already.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Now that it's over, I would hope he would be promoted to AA, as he's just making would-be hitters look ridiculous at Salem.

stats aren't the only thing they look at when deciding a promotion. sometimes they won't promote a guy until they develop in certain areas. Even though Owens is getting the results don't be surprised if he doesn't get a promotion just yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Supposedly he is rumored to be moving up to Portland after the trade deadline.  He will make his next start as a 20 year old in Double A.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

The future looks bright!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The only issues he was having was his walk totals, but those have got a lot better. Also just the further development of his secondary pitches and his control. I still always worry about tall LHP and their deliveries. Lots of moving parts, but Owens seems to be doing better than most with it. Hes completely dominating A Ball and should recieve a promotion very soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Another hyped lefty is making his pro debut today.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Lets bring him right to FENWAY........  He looks like he has the "right stuff"  !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lets bring him right to FENWAY........  He looks like he has the "right stuff"  !!!

[/QUOTE]

PUMP THE BRAKES! 

pump them!  He's still in A ball....pump those bakes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PUMP THE BRAKES! 

pump them!  He's still in A ball....pump those bakes

[/QUOTE]

exactly. They say that AA ball is the toughest level of the minors. maybe if he is promoted and dominates AA for the rest of the season we can take a look at him early 2014. but it's very common that most all prospects hit a speed bump when they get to AA.