Henry Owens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Henry Owens

One of my favorite prospects, can't wait to see him in 2015.  Good write up on him on todays scouting scratch over at soxprospects.com

http://news.soxprospects.com/2014/06/scouting-scratch-henry-owens.html" rel="nofollow">http://news.soxprospects.com/2014/06/scouting-scratch-henry-owens.html

I was trying to find an earlier post where I made the same exact argument for why we won't see Henry Owens this year.  Fastball command, and developing a third pitch, but I couldn't find it to toot my own horn....but to discredit myself I do put a lot of weight into my opinions based on the information at soxprospects so it kind of makes sense that my views mirror what they write to some extent. 

If the circumstances were different I'd think we'd have a decent chance of seeing him in august/september but considering that he still has something to learn and the fact that there is a whole staff of prospects (good ones too) in Pawtucket above him just spells 2015 for the kid. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Henry Owens

Thanks for posting this.  I rarely get excited over a player before seeing him play in a park.  This kid has my attention.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Trading Peavy and keeping Doubie in the pen would helps open things up a bit.

I'm still firm on the position of offering Lester our best offer and demanding an answer by July 29th or 30th. If he says no, then we need to get something very nice for him.

That leaves Lackey, Buchholz, de la Rosa and Workman as the top 4 starters. I think Ranaudo gets the first look at the 5 slot. I think I'm with notin on the idea that Webster might best be served in the pen, but I suppose he could get another chance to crack the rotation as well. I do not think Barnes should get a chance over Owens, so maybe Henry gets a look in September.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Trading Peavy and keeping Doubie in the pen would helps open things up a bit.

I'm still firm on the position of offering Lester our best offer and demanding an answer by July 29th or 30th. If he says no, then we need to get something very nice for him.

That leaves Lackey, Buchholz, de la Rosa and Workman as the top 4 starters. I think Ranaudo gets the first look at the 5 slot. I think I'm with notin on the idea that Webster might best be served in the pen, but I suppose he could get another chance to crack the rotation as well. I do not think Barnes should get a chance over Owens, so maybe Henry gets a look in September.

Sox4ever

I want to keep Lester, and if not then work out a deal with Lackey and/or Scherzer.  I really like all the young talented pitching coming up through the pipeline but I think it will be vital to have a workhorse veteran to lead them.

Webster could be best suited for the pen, but he has big time stuff.  It's not like he only has a good fastball, or a good splitter, he has 3 average to above average pitches.  That is usually a guy who can be a #3 or better pitcher.  The question is if he can't command them he might be better in the pen, but he has shown much improved command this year.  I think he should get one more look at the rotation. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this.  I rarely get excited over a player before seeing him play in a park.  This kid has my attention.

[/QUOTE]

I'm very encouraged by his progress this year, I've seen him pitch this year and he is very impressive.  Changeup, fastball, curveball...it all looks the same coming out of his delivery. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm very encouraged by his progress this year, I've seen him pitch this year and he is very impressive.  Changeup, fastball, curveball...it all looks the same coming out of his delivery. 

[/QUOTE]

His name has stuck with me since I first heard it.  There was a huge moving company out of Cambridge called Henry Owens.  Big greeen trucks with their name all over.  The owners son was a very successful Lawyer in the area, same name.  Nice to see he is doing well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Funny thing I was thinking Barnes out of BP, even groom as Closer. Throws hard. Saw Owens Pitch probably same game, wont see him again in NB. He'll be called up, soon.

Sections
Shortcuts