Henry Owens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Henry Owens

Henry Owens makes his McCoy Stadium triple A debut tonight.  Hopefully it will be a good game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Henry Owens

Barnes pitched 7 innings of no-hit ball other night, then they took him out. Surprise this wasn't posted. 2 BB's 10 k's 0 hits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Barnes pitched 7 innings of no-hit ball other night, then they took him out. Surprise this wasn't posted. 2 BB's 10 k's 0 hits.

[/QUOTE]

I am going tonight and would like to see the same type of game.

Brian MacPherson of the ProJo will be there tweeting the game.  If anyone is interested: @brianmacp

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Henry Owens makes his McCoy Stadium triple A debut tonight.  Hopefully it will be a good game.

[/QUOTE]  We should all get together @ Mccoy !!!!!   Sort of, like a meet & greet for all of us !!    What say you ??????        BTW, Owens is the real deal  !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  We should all get together @ Mccoy !!!!!   Sort of, like a meet & greet for all of us !!    What say you ??????        BTW, Owens is the real deal  !!!

[/QUOTE]

I don't post much, but I read a lot, and dear lord I do not want to meet you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will be there tonight.  I usually sit over by the third base line.  Black shirt, tan shorts and a new pair of Fila's.

It is dollar menu night so I may be in line most of the night getting food.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will be there tonight.  I usually sit over by the third base line.  Black shirt, tan shorts and a new pair of Fila's.

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the game.....!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the game.....!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, getting there early, no later than six.   I think there will be a good crowd, seeing how the PawSox are most likely the best MLB team in the Boston Area.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I will be the guy shouting  "TRANSFORMATION"  !!!...... hAVE FUN !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

So, how was the food, the meet up of "friends" and  - oh yeah, Henry?

4 4 11    ....   figure it out.  

Hint, 3 4 10.

Go SOX!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I know I jumped the gun ...

4 4 11    ....   figure it out.  

Hint, 3 4 10.

Go SOX!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the game.....!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, getting there early, no later than six.   I think there will be a good crowd, seeing how the PawSox are most likely the best MLB team in the Boston Area.

[/QUOTE]

Haha..good point. BTW.. I am sure if Bill is there you will have no trouble picking him out of the crowd. He'll be the guy yelling "Bingo that" and approaching everyone in the park wearing a black shirt and tan shorts...lol

Right Bill  ;-)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Chaz Fiorino @cbfiorino Owens curveball had always flashed average in the past. Tonight showing easy plus and that's incredibly encouraging. Un-phased in AAA debut.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I've been saying for a while that I didn't think Owens could be more than a #4#3 until he improves his command, and develops a more solid curveball.

He still has to work on both, but he's made strides with both this year.  Still very young....very interesting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_08_04_colaaa_pawaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb" rel="nofollow">http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_08_04_colaaa_pawaaa_1&t=g_box&sid=milb

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

6.2 ip 2 hits...okay

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The kid is for real, 9K's, 3 walks, no runs in his first triple A start... find room on the big club, this season's a shipwreck anyway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The kid is for real, 9K's, 3 walks, no runs in his first triple A start... find room on the big club, this season's a shipwreck anyway.

[/QUOTE]

So why bring him up?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

This season is just as much of a reason to not rush kids as it is to see what the kids got that are already here and/or need to be put on the 40 man.

No sense in burning another spot right now and starting the arby clock.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

So why bring him up?

Experience, if he works out start him next year with Lester, Ranaudo, Bucholz and Workman/Rosey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

So why bring him up?

[/QUOTE]

Experience, if he works out start him next year with Lester, Ranaudo, Bucholz and Workman/Rosey.

[/QUOTE]

Ya because bringing a player up before he's ready always works out and never destroys the players development

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You don't want starters with weak constitutions anyhow, "bringing a player up before his time" is an assumption that he ever would have been ready.  

If Owens dominates triple A this year then what, we watch him in triple A all next year I guess?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

You don't want starters with weak constitutions anyhow, "bringing a player up before his time" is an assumption that he ever would have been ready.  

If Owens dominates triple A this year then what, we watch him in triple A all next year I guess?

[/QUOTE]

You said bring him up. He's pitched 6.2 innings in AAA. Maybe let him get a few stars before we call him dominant

Sections
Shortcuts