Henry reacts to Crawford's comments...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Henry reacts to Crawford's comments...

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2012/02/crawford_surpri.html

When will John Henry realize he's the owner.
    No one needs him to justify anything he does.
    No one needs him walking into radio stations unannounced.

Quote: "My answer was an honest, off-the-cuff response on a radio station..."

Great, you're still a fool for opening your mouth and trashing your people, fool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments...

He's a complete fool when it comes to the baseball team he owns and the media and fandom surrounding them. Completely out of touch.

He was trying to make himself look good, and it backfired because fans aren't idiots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments...:
    He's a complete fool when it comes to the baseball team he owns and the media and fandom surrounding them. Completely out of touch. He was trying to make himself look good, and it backfired because fans aren't idiots.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

As a Yankee fan I certainly know how you feel. There were many times when George opened his mouth and I cringed. But now all these years later I see that that was part of what made him who he was. Maybe time will tell with john henry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : As a Yankee fan I certainly know how you feel. There were many times when George opened his mouth and I cringed. But now all these years later I see that that was part of what made him who he was. Maybe time will tell with john henry.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

Yeah, Henry puts his foot in it once in awhile, but he's pretty mild compared to George.

I don't think we'll hear Henry calling any of the players a fat toad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : Yeah, Henry puts his foot in it once in awhile, but he's pretty mild compared to George. I don't think we'll hear Henry calling any of the players a fat toad.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Troll Babe is softening you up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : Yeah, Henry puts his foot in it once in awhile, but he's pretty mild compared to George. I don't think we'll hear Henry calling any of the players a fat toad.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

LOL....no, I'm pretty sure you are right about that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I think John Henry was right on and I have no problem with him answering a question truthfully.  Being that it was HIS $142m on the line, he's more than entitled to feel however he wants to feel...and he doesn't have to clarify an already clear remark if he doesn't want to.

I never got the feeling he was trashing CC as a person or a player by his comments...not at any point during that interview, did he come off as such. 

People that did, are hearing things that really aren't or weren't there...and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't listen to the interview either. 

CC should nut up and put his best foot forward and not complain that the owner of the team made a remark about being weary of signing him.  He should have answered, "Mr. Henry can feel however he wanted to feel, but I'm glad to be here as a member of the Red Sox.  I will do my best to reward their faith in me."

After all, I'm sure he had no problem depositing those checks every couple of weeks.  That should have made CC feel just fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : As a Yankee fan I certainly know how you feel. There were many times when George opened his mouth and I cringed. But now all these years later I see that that was part of what made him who he was. Maybe time will tell with john henry.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

You may be right. But, at least with George, he at least always had a passionate love for baseball and winning. Henry and Co.? Ehhhh, not so much. Winning certainly, but Henry is not any kind of 'baseball guy', he's a 'money' guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : You may be right. But, at least with George, he at least always had a passionate love for baseball and winning. Henry and Co.? Ehhhh, not so much. Winning certainly, but Henry is not any kind of 'baseball guy', he's a 'money' guy.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Another closet Yankee fan. Man up, identify yourself. You aren't fooling anyone anymore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I think John Henry was right on and I have no problem with him answering a question truthfully.  Being that it was HIS $142m on the line, he's more than entitled to feel however he wants to feel...and he doesn't have to clarify an already clear remark if he doesn't want to. I never got the feeling he was trashing CC as a person or a player by his comments...not at any point during that interview, did he come off as such.  People that did, are hearing things that really aren't or weren't there...and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't listen to the interview either.  CC should nut up and put his best foot forward and not complain that the owner of the team made a remark about being weary of signing him.  He should have answered, "Mr. Henry can feel however he wanted to feel, but I'm glad to be here as a member of the Red Sox.  I will do my best to reward their faith in me." After all, I'm sure he had no problem depositing those checks every couple of weeks.  That should have made CC feel just fine.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1

Situation:
    Red Sox owner John Henry is driving down the street and tunes into a local radio sport talk station with "rabbit ears" and becomes incensed by the "spin"...
    Result of said situation:
    Red Sox owner John Henry decides to walk into said radio station to clear the air - as if he really needs to do that.
    Red Sox onwer states:
    "I was opposed to signing Carl Crawford..." scapegoating Crawford and distancing himself.

Great leadership John boy...just great. Now (just as he mosied into a radio station uninvited) he has to comment on the players response to a media member's query. Great leadership. John Henry has no need to justify or defend anything he does. He has two World Series rings in one decade!

Shut the heck up Mr. President!

Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, Bobby Valentine and the rest of the crew who wear uniforms are the center of attention. NOT JOHN HENRY!

That's my point...nuff said.

Play ball John Henry and go back to your office or even to Liverpool!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : You may be right. But, at least with George, he at least always had a passionate love for baseball and winning. Henry and Co.? Ehhhh, not so much. Winning certainly, but Henry is not any kind of 'baseball guy', he's a 'money' guy.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Frankly, if he doesn't shut his mouth and turn off his radio and text machine he's going to be deemed, "the MLB owner with the biggest rabbit ears!" lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

Posted by ma6dragon9

LOL....remember that George once thought that a runner on 3rd who crossed the plate before the runner was thrown out at first with 2 outs counted as a run. He was hardly a "baseball guy" then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : Another closet Yankee fan. Man up, identify yourself. You aren't fooling anyone anymore.
    Posted by FortMeade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You've already been live for 7 days, I think the record for a banning is only 2...you lost, let it go. It proves nothing to get banned now, it'll just be one more in a looooooooooooong line of such situations for you. It's people like YOU that make creating an email account so hard! How many have you tainted? 50? 100?

And all for what? Really, for what? If you tell me it enjoyable for you to be so (try to be) offensive and irrational and ignorant...well, at least that's a reason.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : LOL....remember that George once thought that a runner on 3rd who crossed the plate before the runner was thrown out at first with 2 outs counted as a run. He was hardly a "baseball guy" then.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

George was a shipping tycoon, wasn't he?
    John Henry just sails...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Henry reacts to Crawford's comments... : LOL....remember that George once thought that a runner on 3rd who crossed the plate before the runner was thrown out at first with 2 outs counted as a run. He was hardly a "baseball guy" then.
    Posted by TBSHBT1969

No way! That's awesome. To be fair, my memory of George dates back to 1990 at the earliest, anyhting else is second hand information. From what I, personally, remember, he was obsessed with winning, and doing whatever it took to win. I hated him for it then, but have grown to at least respect parts of it now. He was deifnitely too far over the top, but I'll gladly take him right now over Henry. Very gladly. I like a little crazy with my baseball. I miss Jurassic Carl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think Henry made it clear he was an idiot in the whole CC signing debacle. I've said this before, there's one thing to say or hide behind "well, my GM and best baseball minds thought it best to sign him." and then stay hands off because they supposedly know better. But if it were my 142 million dollars and I felt the way it appeared Henry did feel about it--he didn't think Sox needed him--I would have nixed the deal. People have no idea that Angels owner Moreno nixed about 3 big-time signing deals, then pulled the trigger on his big score--Pujols. Cuban was hands on with Dallas and I think it was big reason why he finally got his title team. Sometimes as the owner you have to take the bull by the horns--Henry didn't want to ruffle feathers, and let a bad signing take place. He has done much for Boston, 2 WS titles under his watch, but he screwed the pooch in not only condemning the deal after the fact, but not doing anything to prevent it from occuring when it happened. He failed on both counts. Now we are stuck with this Albatross--CC.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I think Henry made it clear he was an idiot in the whole CC signing debacle. I've said this before, there's one thing to say or hide behind "well, my GM and best baseball minds thought it best to sign him." and then stay hands off because they supposedly know better. But if it were my 142 million dollars and I felt the way it appeared Henry did feel about it--he didn't think Sox needed him--I would have nixed the deal. People have no idea that Angels owner Moreno nixed about 3 big-time signing deals, then pulled the trigger on his big score--Pujols. Cuban was hands on with Dallas and I think it was big reason why he finally got his title team. Sometimes as the owner you have to take the bull by the horns--Henry didn't want to ruffle feathers, and let a bad signing take place. He has done much for Boston, 2 WS titles under his watch, but he screwed the pooch in not only condemning the deal after the fact, but not doing anything to prevent it from occuring when it happened. He failed on both counts. Now we are stuck with this Albatross--CC.
    Posted by dannycater

Regardless...you missed my point.
    A millionaire two-time World Series winning OWNER driving down the street to pick-up a regular coffee at Dunkies hears a LOCAL talk show and decides to show up unannounced to "set the record straight?"...really? I mean REALLY?

Then, he responds to his players comments today too?

You're kidding me!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The question that wasn't asked of JH was, "if you were against signing Crawford, then why did you sign him?  Who was in favor of the signing?"

Name names!  We must have names!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Everyone needs a scapegoat, eh? Even the Owner...and now cater...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Few denounced market offers to Crawford, before the fact. I'm glad Henry came out and was honest about it. Crawford is InEpstein's contract decision. The good news is that loser Ellsbury will not be getting a FA market contract offer from the Red Sox. 

Crawford admitted, recently, he feels more comfortable batting at the top of the lineup. Nice to have two left feet in a lineup that needed a young superstar right handed bat in the middle. Nice work, InEpstein. 

Sections
Shortcuts