Here they go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Here they go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is a permanant nervous condition built into our genes as Red Sox fans. Our team was up early last night over the dreaded Evil Empire (Sorry Jete), and the next thing we know is the Sox fail to put away the Yankees, Oh Oh !!, and now the game is all tied up. I'm thinking to myself, "here we go again" completely ignoring the fact our team has constantly come back this year with I believe 22 or so last minute victories. 

Hetch

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Here they go again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I agree. The only good Yankee is a dead Yankee.

Don't tell Jete that !!

I'm just hoping we keep beating the Yankees into submission this year so we can enjoy it and the Rays somehow hold on. I wouldn't want to have the Sox face the Evil Ones in the playoffs. Thier pitching is at best suspect, but with Soriano hitting they can really put up the runs and a short series with the Yankees !! Yikes. 

Hetch

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Is a permanant nervous condition built into our genes as Red Sox fans. Our team was up early last night over the dreaded Evil Empire (Sorry Jete), and the next thing we know is the Sox fail to put away the Yankees, Oh Oh !!, and now the game is all tied up. I'm thinking to myself, "here we go again" completely ignoring the fact our team has constantly come back this year with I believe 22 or so last minute victories. 

Hetch

And there's a bogeyman in your closet! *=)) rolling on the floor

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Ah the psyce of a RS fan is a strange commodity in the land of psychiatry

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

==================================

I posted the following before the game today on the Game Thread which is extremely light these days as posters prefer the live chat. But with Lester today they did not come back as they have a tendency to do.  Brett Gardner out hurts them as he is always a thorn to us. Basically, their offense really is Cano, Granderson, Soriano & Arod while we have 7-8 players who can contribute. Rest Victorino now and he and Ells will be awesome and Pedroia too getting on base for our Murderers Row, Ortiz, Napoli, Gomes, Middlebrooks, Salty & Nava & Carp too !!!

I like our chances even if we had to face the Yankees. Our starters and bullpen are so much better.

But I still would prefer not to play the  Yankees in the playoffs...bury them now with a sweep or at least 2/3 !!! We needed the clutch HR by Salty to put them away yesterday. They came back from 0-4. Yup, our pitching is better and offense is too but in our 3 victories in NY we needed an average of 10 runs to beat them. Their offense is better than the Rays or Orioles. Again, put them to sleep and let them start their Carribean vacations, fishing trips, golf games etc. & watch the playoffs if they wish !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hetch

Yeah, its tough to re-train yourself Hetch. I still think the same thing every time something bad happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hetch

Yeah, its tough to re-train yourself Hetch. I still think the same thing every time something bad happens.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, Exam, who will you root for if it ends up a Sox/Reds series? 

I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, but I'd like to see a Sox/Yanks series again.  We would beat them silly.  The Rays' pitching scares me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to joel49's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, but I'd like to see a Sox/Yanks series again.  We would beat them silly.  The Rays' pitching scares me.

[/QUOTE]

This^^^

IMO TB is our biggest (AL) threat in the playoffs. Especially if we have the misfortune of them not throwing Price in the play-in game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Jete was telling me today Yanks play San Francisco Toronto and Houston in the closing two weeks, all last place teams.  They may yet make the playoffs anyway!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

I agree.... I to always think "oh man not again, man I hate these guys" every time the Yankees make a comeback, heck everytime they score a run. Everytime.

1978 and 2003 .... .......  only a couple of examples.

Don't forget 2004, though.  The Yankees are almost toast this year (and yes I do remember '78 and Bucky F*kin' Dent).  Frankly I wish the Rays would hurry up and go away this year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

It was classic the way we won in 2004 but it as usual was 'on the brink' 'Yankees are crushing us again' all the way through... exhausting.

The Sox took 3 of 4 last weekend in NY and both games of this weekend's series so far, hence, they've won both series.  And the Yankees are 11.5 behind the Sox.  I thought that Iwas a glass half full/ sky is falling fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Don't tell Jete that !!

I'm just hoping we keep beating the Yankees into submission this year so we can enjoy it and the Rays somehow hold on. I wouldn't want to have the Sox face the Evil Ones in the playoffs. Thier pitching is at best suspect, but with Soriano hitting they can really put up the runs and a short series with the Yankees !! Yikes. 

Hetch

After watching the Yankees try to play baseball I can't think of a single team in contention I would rather face. Why anyone would think they could somehow turn their game around and become a threat escapes me. The Rays have pitching, the O's hitting,Tigers,Rangers and A's hitting and pitching, even the Royals and Indians are in better shape than NY.

Those who fear NY are living in the past.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't tell Jete that !!

Hetch

After watching the Yankees try to play baseball I can't think of a single team in contention I would rather face. Why anyone would think they could somehow turn their game around and become a threat escapes me. The Rays have pitching, the O's hitting,Tigers,Rangers and A's hitting and pitching, even the Royals and Indians are in better shape than NY.

[/QUOTE]

right. i welcome the NYY in the playoffs. i would much much much rather face them than the Rays. we would dismantle their team in the playoffs! can't say the same for any other potential playoff team except maybe  the indians

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to joel49's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wont come to that. The Reds just dont have what it takes IMO. No magic in Cincy this year, too many injuries, too much inconsistency. The best you could hope for is to knock someone off in the one game playoff and hope its Stl. As for the ALE, I want them ALL knocked out. No Rays, no Yankees, no Orioles. Nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hammer, after seeing the games this week on national TV here in Milwaukee I'd have to agree with you. The Yankees starters are toast right now. Nova's been inconsistant this month at best, Sabathia looks like a shell of his former self in the few times I've seem him on TV, I believe twice against the Sox of late and once on a broadcast against another team which I can't recall, and Kuroda did give a good effort after faltering at the start of his game at Fenway but as good as he looked through July he's been terrible the last two months, I believe 1-5 from August till now.

The Yankees BP is in a shambles, Texiera will never b-back this year, Jeters out. The Yanks can still score runs, but I'd rather see them in a series than the Rays with thier solid pitching staff.

Hetch   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[/QUOTE]

Hammer, after seeing the games this week on national TV here in Milwaukee I'd have to agree with you. The Yankees starters are toast right now. Nova's been inconsistant this month at best, Sabathia looks like a shell of his former self in the few times I've seem him on TV, I believe twice against the Sox of late and once on a broadcast against another team which I can't recall, and Kuroda did give a good effort after faltering at the start of his game at Fenway but as good as he looked through July he's been terrible the last two months, I believe 1-5 from August till now.

The Yankees BP is in a shambles, Texiera will never b-back this year, Jeters out. The Yanks can still score runs, but I'd rather see them in a series than the Rays with thier solid pitching staff.

Hetch   

[/QUOTE]

Clearly your seeing what I'am seeing. Yankees are not competitive and unless there are major changes going forward next year will be no different. Yanks farm system isn't producing and long term rich contracts are in place for players whose best days are in the rear view mirror. Couple that with Hal's desire to have a 189M payroll in 2014 it isn't far fetched to see them struggle in the future.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hetch   

[/QUOTE]

Clearly your seeing what I'am seeing. Yankees are not competitive and unless there are major changes going forward next year will be no different. Yanks farm system isn't producing and long term rich contracts are in place for players whose best days are in the rear view mirror. Couple that with Hal's desire to have a 189M payroll in 2014 it isn't far fetched to see them struggle in the future.

[/QUOTE]

Even with all that the Yanks are still in the hunt thanks in no small part to the struggles of the Rays and Rangers. That said, they're a team on life support and aside from a very favorable schedule are not as comprised a team that has any hopes of playing deep into October. 

I wouldn't be so quick to bury them in 2014 just yet...as you saw with our own Red Sox this past year with a solid nucleaus and 190m you can build a pretty good team In one offseason...the yanks have more than 100M at their disposal for next year and that's assuming they stay under 190M...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Hetch   

[/QUOTE]

Even with all that the Yanks are still in the hunt thanks in no small part to the struggles of the Rays and Rangers. That said, they're a team on life support and aside from a very favorable schedule are not as comprised a team that has any hopes of playing deep into October. 

I wouldn't be so quick to bury them in 2014 just yet...as you saw with our own Red Sox this past year with a solid nucleaus and 190m you can build a pretty good team In one offseason...the yanks have more than 100M at their disposal for next year and that's assuming they stay under 190M...

[/QUOTE]

I understand things can change quickly in baseball. The Sox turnaround was triggered by a cash dump on the Dodgers and a farm system ready to contribute.

Yankees are tied down with large contracts to players that simply aren't as good as they once were. Even before Tex's wrist injury he was showing signs of slowing down.

If the Yanks had anyone in their farm system that could contribute they would be here now.

No, I can't see it. I expect the yankees to struggle going forward.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

come on guys.  we are all far too scarred from pre 2004 heartbreak.  things have changed.

we are now the hammer.

the yankees are the nail.

that is all.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I want to see the Sox play the Pirates in the WS just because that ball park is amazing.  I may even take a drive to one of the games that park is so awesome.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

come on guys.  we are all far too scarred from pre 2004 heartbreak.  things have changed.

we are now the hammer.

the yankees are the nail.

that is all.......

Oh I agree, the days of 78 and 03 are LONG GONE.....LONG GONE....It's a new era and I need not adjust, let yankee fans deal with their new indentities.

Sections
Shortcuts