Here's a trade idea that could actually work

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Here's a trade idea that could actually work

In Response to Re: Here's a trade idea that could actually work:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Youk would interest Seattle, but if Lowrie keeps hitting the way he is, we might be able to trade Pedroia.  Lowrie is really only suited to second base.  Pedroia is locked up through 2014 at $6 - 10M per.  He's only 27, a former MVP and a great club-house guy.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    The Seattle Mariners have one of the top hitting prospects in baseball in secondbaseman Dustin Ackley, who is expected to be called up this year.

The Red Sox probably do not have the pieces to make a credible offer for Felix Hernandez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hi Accland,

I see your point but disagree, but that's cause I'm a huge Youk fan. On his side, some players last longer into late age and some like Jimmy Foxx decline early, but I guess overall I would agree with your point. I just see Youk as a team leader, and a veteran presence, but he could supply good trade value packaged with some others for Fernandez. But how willing is Seattle to trade an ace and centerpiece of their future.     

Hetchinspete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here's a trade idea that could actually work : Ackley is a converted 2B - many scouts project him to a corner OF position.  But I agree, the M's will need a potential ace in return - the best the Sox can do is Ranaudo, who is too far away to be worth the risk.  
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]
    The Mariners have their own lefthanded version of Anthony Ranaudo, the 39th pick in the 2010 draft, in James Paxton, the 37th pick in the 2009 draft*. Ranaudo at LSU and Paxton at Kentucky were SEC rivals. Ranaudo once beat Paxton in a 2009 game that saw Ranaudo strike out 13 while Paxton struck out 14:

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=3692153

There would be nothing wrong with the Mariners stockpiling pitching prospects, but the Red Sox probably lack the pieces to make a serious bid for Felix Hernandez.

* Paxton did not sign after the Toronto Blue Jays took him in the 2009 draft but signed with Seattle after the Mariners took him in the fourth round of the 2010 draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Youk, Dice, Lowrie wont do it

they would want Ells, and/or Bard too

that would be too high a price for me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Youk, Dice, Lowrie wont do it they would want Ells, and/or Bard too that would be too high a price for me
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]I wouldn't give up Youk and Lowrie in the same deal. One of them would need to start at 3rd.