1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: here's y ANTHONY RANAUDO should be walking thru those doors to DOMINATE this year!

I think he's 23, not 22.  I'm excited to see him living up to his hype again.  He should finish this year in AAA and we will get a chance to see him either on September if Sox falls out of contention or in the 2014 spring training.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: here's y ANTHONY RANAUDO should be walking thru those doors to DOMINATE this year!

Saw Barnes pitch Saturday Night, against the Rock Cats best Pitcher. He pitched a 2 hitter. Dont forget about this kid too.
    Sox Minor League Coaches have these kids on a Pitch Count, they are not yet up to 100 Pitches.
    Minor Leagues are just like the Majors, in some ways. When the warm weather starts getting up there, the hitters start hitting, we'll see how it goes.
    I like to make the Matt Moore comparison to other Minor League Pitchers, the Rays were patient with him, even though he was dominating in every phase of the Minor Leagues.
    My son saw Ranaudo Sunday, said looked 100% better than last year. I think both will be in Double AA at least until August. He also had a shortened season last year, if he gets promoted to Triple AAA this year that would be huge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We do have some good young arms in the minors. Remember , patience is a virtue. I think we should not hold these guys back , but we should take it one step at a time. Ranaudo may have the highest potential of any of them.   I don't know that he is ready for Boston quite yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Barnes, Ranaudo, Webster and Workman are doing what they need to be doing right now. Its very encouraging to see. No need to rush ANY of them. They all still need more work. A promotion for Workman and Ranaudo isnt out of the question this year. Still want to see Barnes more in AA. By the end of 2014 we could realistically have almost a whole new rotation of prospects if we had to. Not that I want that, but its good to know the depth is there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

When Dempster's contract is up, I'm sure will be seeing one of these kids.
    We have a bright future for young Pitchers, that are real good. Not just so-so, cant wait.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ranaudo still needs a good amount of time in the minors, but what he has shown this year is very encouraging.

It's nice to see that he has put himself back on the radar.  He should get some time next year and might be fightinf for a rotation spot in 2015....but it's unrealistic to expect him to contribute this year.  Ranaudo is NOT the most ready pitcher.  He is dominating AA hitters because his fastball is good, and his fastball command that he lost is back.  His secondary pitches are very inconsistent, you can get away with that in the minors you CAN NOT in MLB.

I actually think Webster could be ready now, I just think he has some nerves to work out.  He did look very good in one start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

We do have some good young arms in the minors. Remember , patience is a virtue. I think we should not hold these guys back , but we should take it one step at a time. Ranaudo may have the highest potential of any of them.   I don't know that he is ready for Boston quite yet.

It would be a huge mistake to rush any of those guys along. They should spend the entire year in the minors getting seasoned and coached in a lower pressure atmosphere-all of them. Next year around August they may be ready to make an appearance in the ML, and in 2015 some of them should be ready to help the Sox make a real run at a ring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Rubby finally found his groove and rolling hot in AAA.  For his last 4 pitch-count-limited starts, he has pitched 14 innings allowing just 8 hits 0 runs walking only 4 batters and striking out 19.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

De La rosa should be able to help us at least some from the pen this year but it would sure help if Webster can make the lap to #5 starter and come anywhere near league average in that slot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't want to see Rubby in the pen unless he fails as a starter.  We've have seen what can happen to a starter when you move them back and forth.  Although some can make that transition some will not.  The difference there is between a Daniel Bard and a Alfredo Aceves.

But RDLR is much more complex than that.  The Dodgers brought him back insanely fast from surgery, and then he got shut down last year because he had to sit and wait until he could be moved as the PTBNL.  So really this is his first full year back, and he is on a limited pitch count and ramping up.  I don't think we will fully see what he can do until the end of this year or next year.

I still think worst case scenario is that he is a set up man, as in one of the best in the game.  I think the potential is there for him to still be a good starter but if he fails as one his stuff is to electric to not play out for one inning a night.

All things consider I want to see the Sox keep him going according to plan and not mess with him at all. 

Just my two cents. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Barnes, Ranaudo, Webster and Workman are doing what they need to be doing right now. Its very encouraging to see. No need to rush ANY of them. They all still need more work. A promotion for Workman and Ranaudo isnt out of the question this year. Still want to see Barnes more in AA. By the end of 2014 we could realistically have almost a whole new rotation of prospects if we had to. Not that I want that, but its good to know the depth is there.

Don't forget Henry Owens.... 

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts