HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE, LACKEY = ADAM DUNN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE, LACKEY = ADAM DUNN!

at 12-12 with a 6.49 ERA, the lackless one has the HIGHEST ERA in the HISTORY of baseball for anyone winning 12 games or more. he also has the HIGHEST ERA in the history of the red sox for anyone throwing more 150+ innings! how can anyone rationally have any confidencein this guy for the rest of the year? lets try it next year or for an inning ir 2 in long relief or quite frankly, keep him off the playoff roster unless there's an injury emergency. i would prefer to see andrew miller or even god help us kyle weiland than lackey. any sighting of lackey in the next 7 games is tantamount to giving up and surrendering. he is the JONAH of the red sox!, time to push him overboard to change the karma of the team!

forget the salary, on what logic can it be justified on any pragmatic level? his mere presence demoralizes and insults me as a fan and certainly must do the same for most of his teammates at this point esp when there is a guy in alfredo aceves right there who is far more likely to get the job done! can just hear theo repeating that dumb duquette line after we get bounced due to the status quo "we spent more time (4 1/2 months) in first place than not  so it was a great year and justified the status quo". if lackey starts in Ny, we lose the season, if he doesnt we have a shot mentally and tangibly!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE!

Preaching to the choir again?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE!:
    [QUOTE]Preaching to the choir again?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]
    someone must disagree, y else is lackless still being thrown out there? til he's off the rotattion, i will keep bringing FACTS, i'm not just whining. he's the worse starter in all of baseball this year and perhaps in the HISTORY of the game! this present rotation is perhaps the WORSE in the history of the sox. this team hasnt had back to back wins since august 27th! tampa has 5 starters all under age 30, y cant we be more like that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

POSTSEASON WIN - LOSS RECORD AND ERA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If it equals a "loss and a total negative" , how do you explain the 12 wins?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

ERA
     20044.67(22nd in AL)
     20053.44(6th in AL)
     20063.56(5th in AL)
    *20073.01(1st in AL)
     20083.75(17th in AL)
     20093.83(12th in AL)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

BATTING AVERAGE AGAINST
     2005.258(16th in AL)
     2006.246(5th in AL)
     2007.254(16th in AL)
     2008.260(22nd in AL)
     2009.263(19th in AL)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]CAREER   3 Wins   4 Losses   3.12  POSTSEASON WIN - LOSS RECORD AND ERA
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]3 of u so far.. look, i dont care what his history is! right now he hasnt earned it, he stinks. if belichick had listened to you people, he would had put bledsoe back in there... this year is this year. even for the playoffs, esp if we play the rangers who have OWNED lackless throughout his career, i'm bypassing him. becks-lester-aceves-bedard.. thats the ROTATION! addd in wake over the next 7 games! lack can be situational depth bullpen guy, he has experience in that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Those who ignore history seal their own fate in ignorance.

We cannot dismiss history as much as we sometimes would like to do this.

The future hasn't happened yet, history is all we have to learn from, right or wrong....that's the way that it is.

Pulling the plug on Lackey right now opens new doors for criticism. For we have no choice but to trust him and have faith. I remember two players in 2004 and that were criticized and bashed all season, Mark Bellhorn and Derek Lowe. Both performed above expectations in postseason....sometimes the guys turn the page and start fresh and it's like a new beginning for them. This is why you show confidence in them and give them a chance, because strange stuff happens and you never really know....you think you do, but you don't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]Those who ignore history seal their own fate in ignorance. 

I'm sorry, would you mind repeating that?

For we have no choice but to trust him and have faith. 

So sayeth the Lord.  

I remember two players in 2004 and that were criticized and bashed all season, Mark Bellhorn and Derek Lowe. Both performed above expectations in postseason....sometimes the guys turn the page and start fresh and it's like a new beginning for them. This is why you show confidence in them and give them a chance, because strange stuff happens and you never really know....you think you do, but you don't.

Hayrill, hayrill Got-Zee-Rah!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]If it equals a "loss and a total negative" , how do you explain the 12 wins?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE] WHO CARES? TALKING RIGHT NOW!
     only 4 quality starts all freakin year and now cant even get past the 3rd inning... thats the NORM!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE! : 3 of u so far.. look, i dont care what his history is! right now he hasnt earned it, he stinks. if belichick had listened to you people, he would had put bledsoe back in there... this year is this year. even for the playoffs, esp if we play the rangers who have OWNED lackless throughout his career, i'm bypassing him. becks-lester-aceves-bedard.. thats the ROTATION! addd in wake over the next 7 games! lack can be situational depth bullpen guy, he has experience in that.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    When you try to make a point on this forum, no matter how obviously right it may be, the usual suspects will show up and tell you why you are wrong. There is an elite handful of them on here , and they think they know it all.  Maybe , if you stick around long enough , they will admit you into the inner circle. But , you must never oppose them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE! : When you try to make a point on this forum, no matter how obviously right it may be, the usual suspects will show up and tell you why you are wrong. There is an elite handful of them on here , and they think they know it all.  Maybe , if you stick around long enough , they will admit you into the inner circle. But , you must never oppose them.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Cue the X-Files music...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE! : When you try to make a point on this forum, no matter how obviously right it may be, the usual suspects will show up and tell you why you are wrong. There is an elite handful of them on here , and they think they know it all.  Maybe , if you stick around long enough , they will admit you into the inner circle. But , you must never oppose them.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Never, ever give in to a bully.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE! : Never, ever give in to a bully.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

Only you can prevent forest fires.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Those who ignore history seal their own fate in ignorance. We cannot dismiss history as much as we sometimes would like to do this. The future hasn't h
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]ZILL, I USUALLY like u and will USE history as a guide to IGNORE the absolute vacuousness of your response! jeez... i knew derek lowe and i trusted derek lowe. i was all in for him being the man, i thought he had a bad rap with the fans due to off-field stuff. did he have a 6.49 ERA? did he ever have an issue getting to the 4th inning? lowe was the classic case of the bad inning and pitch here and there. he routinely reached the 6th to 7th inning with that sinker. he had proven he could pitch in the al east, against the yanks and was a solid #2 or 3 guy throughout his stay and had been a stud closer (whats more pressure than that?)... bellhorn is more a case of crawford. i am all-in with craw, you give him a shot at all cost esp versus righties, no way i want him out there with sabathia out there!

craw is ordinary but not PUTRID. if he were adam dunn (161 strikeouts, 161 average), i would sit him. BOTTOM LINE: LACKEY IS ADAM DUNN, GOT THAT LOYALISTS AND BITTERENDERS? there is a point of no redemption! lack at this point has run way past that line! oh yep, one more difference between lowe and lackless, there is a capable replacement called aceves! perhaps lack could be aceves' replacement, got a rubber arm that can pitch multiple innings in a small window, y not that? as a starter, it should be OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE! : ZILL, I USUALLY like u and will sue history as a guide to IGNORE the absolute vacuousness of your response! jeez... i knew derek lowe and i trusted derek lowe. i was all in for him being the man, i thought he had a bad rap with the fans due to off-field stuff. did he have a 6.49 ERA? did he ever have an issue getting to the 4th inning? lowe was the classic case of the bad inning and pitch here and there. he routinely reached the 6th to 7th inning with that sinker. he had proven he could pitch in the al east, against the yanks and was a solid #2 or 3 guy throughout his stay and had been a stud closer (whats more pressure than that?)... bellhorn is more a case of crawford. i am all-in with craw, you give him a shot at all cost esp versus righties, no way i want him out there with sabathia out there! craw is ordinary but not PUTRID. if he were adam dunn (161 strikeouts, 161 average), i would sit him. BOTTOM LINE: LACKEY IS ADAM DUNN, GOT THAT LOYALISTS AND BITTERENDERS? there is a point of no redemption! lack at this point has run way past that line! oh yep, one more difference between lowe and lackless, there is a capable replacement called aceves! perhaps lack could be aceves' replacement, got a rubber arm that can pitch multiple innings in a small window, y not that? as a starter, it should be OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Another difference between Lowe and Lackey is that Derek actually knew how to pitch and keep the ball down to get ground balls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE, LACKEY = ADAM DUNN!

this teammmm is really driving me nutsss, i hope its just public posturing but seriously y on earth would tito not start bucholz as quickly as possible. so what if he can only go 4 innings and 70 pitches. how is that worse than the nonsense we get right now? a solid 3 innings from clay.. meaning 55 pitches and 1 run given up would be more than appreciated. ditto with aceves.. all we need is a solid 4 innings to give the offense the chance to go bombs away without the pressure of always being behind by 5 runs after 1 or 2 innings!

heck since we need all hands on deck, to think outside the box and bring in some positive vibes y not have pedroia's hero ric flair throw out the FIRST pitch tonight or sit in the dugout...WOOOOOOOOO!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]If it equals a "loss and a total negative" , how do you explain the 12 wins?
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Well see his ERA is 6 and a half runs a game.  So one does not need to be a scientist to understand that if his ERA were 4 he would have a lot more than 12 wins.  What kind of explanation do you need?  I recall you being one of the biggest Drew bashers on the board. Yet you like Lackey?  Why?  Because instead of acting like he doesnt care he yells at his teammates? 

This has been one of the worst years by a starting pitcher in Red Sox history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE! : Well see his ERA is 6 and a half runs a game.  So one does not need to be a scientist to understand that if his ERA were 4 he would have a lot more than 12 wins.  What kind of explanation do you need?  I recall you being one of the biggest Drew bashers on the board. Yet you like Lackey?  Why?  Because instead of acting like he doesnt care he yells at his teammates?  This has been one of the worst years by a starting pitcher in Red Sox history.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

great point snake! i would rather give drew a second shot to start the playoffs than freakin lack. at least drew has done it and he's not the WORSE outfielder in the HISTORY of baseball. for drew to be where lackless is, he would need to be hitting .159 with 159 strikeouts just slightly worse than adam dunnnnn! again, there's always a line....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE, LACKEY = ADAM DUNN!

get over yourself.......this forum isn't just for your opinion only CC.....I'm not saying Lackey has done anything great.......but by your way of thinking Ellsbury shouldn't have gotten a shot this year to redeem himself.......how's that working? Lackey is having a bad year......but he may or may not going forward with the contract. One guy isn't the fault or should be the scapegoat for the WHOLE team or most of it playing lousy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: HERE'S Y SENDING OUT LACKEY = A LOSS AND TOTAL NEGATIVE, LACKEY = ADAM DUNN!:
    [QUOTE]get over yourself.......this forum isn't just for your opinion only CC.....I'm not saying Lackey has done anything great.......but by your way of thinking Ellsbury shouldn't have gotten a shot this year to redeem himself.......how's that working? Lackey is having a bad year......but he may or may not going forward with the contract. One guy isn't the fault or should be the scapegoat for the WHOLE team or most of it playing lousy.
    Posted by sday4x4[/QUOTE]let me get over myself and my ego to reach out to your super inflated ego and sense of self with my keyboard.. ok, got ir.. do you not read or grasp basic comprehension? everyone has bad years? heck i was all in favor of giving mike cameron another starting shot at LEFT without the signing of craw (who i want to see next year as well).. clearly i'm not against second chances, got that MORON? all in favor of giving lackless another shot as well NEXT YEAR and even in the post-season if injuries continue to hurt us and we have no other choice. but at this MOMENT  (got that PRESENT TENSE, not the future or the PAST), mr. lackey SUCKKKS. he is not just slumping, he is the WORSE pitcher in the HISTORY of baseball statistically, of the AL, of the division and of the red sox.. can you grasp that in your brick-headed skull? thats not just a slump. he is the WORSE pitcher statistically in the HISTORY of baseball witat least 150 innings. one must try really hard to be the WORSE at something like that. lack certainly will be in the hall of something someday (infamy perhaps)..

this is not the time to be giving a guy like him breaks. he's adam dunn, is he starting everyday? no.. he way down on the bench. i would rather see tazawa, aceves, miller, wake or bedard. they have all EARNED it. sending lackless out there is an insult and a disgrace to ayone who outs on a uniform. deep down he must grasp that even more than the entire freakin locker room. enough is enough! next year, sure.. send him back out there! not personAL, just fACTUAL.. GOT THAT?