HEREWE GO AGAIN.... Ws simply can't hit good pitching! Then again... we can't HIT PERIOD.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

HEREWE GO AGAIN.... Ws simply can't hit good pitching! Then again... we can't HIT PERIOD.

Sorry.  We can't. & likely won't!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: HEREWE GO AGAIN.... Ws simply can't hit good pitching! Then again... we can't HIT PERIOD.

Sorry to fluff your skirts ladies, but we're dealing with 1/4 of the season now, & these chicks just can't hit!

STUNNED!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: HEREWE GO AGAIN.... Ws simply can't hit good pitching! Then again... we can't HIT PERIOD.

Mookie Betts we need you! !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

To be fair, most of baseball can't hit Scherzer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Scherzer is 39-7 since mid-2012, including the playoffs.    Does anyone want to guess who 4 of those 7 losses were to?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except we cannot anybody and every game with this team is a sweater.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mookie Betts we need you! !!

[/QUOTE]

Not that I am a skeptic but with our luck he might be a member of the .200 club.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You sure as hell can't beat good pitching with this many bafs much closer to .200 than .300

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the, "well.......   In fairness..........   He sure is a darned fine pitcher" club! We 're making scores of charter members this season........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry to fluff your skirts ladies, but we're dealing with 1/4 of the season now, & these chicks just can't hit!

STUNNED!

[/QUOTE]

But it's a small sample size!  LOL

But the rest of the division has issues too! LOL

But Buchholtz is still a great value!   LOL

But JBJ plays a great CF! LOL

A lot of teams have losing records at home!  LOL

The sugar coaters have taught me well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the sugar coaters try to make things sound better than they are.

And the whiners make 'em sound worse.

So it goes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the sugar coaters try to make things sound better than they are.

And the whiners make 'em sound worse.

So it goes.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox are exactly where they deserve to be - a sub 500 team who will try and have to continue to play catch-up for the foreseeable future.  Nothing worth sugar coating and nothing worth complaining about.  Just reality.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Sox made the decision to go with 3 kids in the lineup and the 3 kids are doing much, much worse than they imagined.  No question about that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

The Sox made the decision to go with 3 kids in the lineup and the 3 kids are doing much, much worse than they imagined.  No question about that.

[/QUOTE]

It's more than just that.  They also made the decision to ride on Clay's shoulder.  They also made the decision to not spend too much $ on the bull pen.  They also made the decision to downgrade the overall outfield offense.   They also made the decision to live with a weaker left side of the defense. 

Boggy I get, but not as SS.  JBJ I get too.  But WMB isn't a kid coming into this year.  He had a full year under his belt heading into Sept of LAST year and he was demoted to the bench.  And the Sox made him a starter this year at the same time they were taking on risk from 2 other KEY positions.

I am not completely against Ben but I think he went too far to one side and needs to re-balance the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I agreed with the decision, to bring them up. Can't leave them in AAA forever. At some point, you need to let them play and see what they've got. The question is, how long do you let them go? What's the answer...X-BO to third, resign Drew, play Gomes and bring Nava back up? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

They also made the decision to ride on Clay's shoulder.  They also made the decision to not spend too much $ on the bull pen.

Disagree with these parts.  Riding on Buchholz isn't really hurting anything and the bullpen is still pretty good, Mujica aside.

They also made the decision to downgrade the overall outfield offense.   They also made the decision to live with a weaker left side of the defense. 

Boggy I get, but not as SS.  JBJ I get too.  But WMB isn't a kid coming into this year.  He had a full year under his belt heading into Sept of LAST year and he was demoted to the bench.  And the Sox made him a starter this year at the same time they were taking on risk from 2 other KEY positions.

I am not completely against Ben but I think he went too far to one side and needs to re-balance the team.

Can't argue too much with any of that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agreed with decision, to bring them up. Can't leave them in AAA forever. At some point, you need to let them play and see what they've got. The question is, how long do you let them go? What's the answer...X-BO to third, resign Drew, play Gomes and bring Nava back up? 

[/QUOTE]

Move Boggy to 3B, find a glove man to man SS, deal for a slugger to play LF, send WMB down to the minors for development........send Clay to doctors for tests and if he's healthy, put him on the trade block....not sure what starter we can add but I've seen other teams deal for front line starters so I know it is possible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They also made the decision to ride on Clay's shoulder.  They also made the decision to not spend too much $ on the bull pen.

Disagree with these parts.  Riding on Buchholz isn't really hurting anything and the bullpen is still pretty good, Mujica aside.

They also made the decision to downgrade the overall outfield offense.   They also made the decision to live with a weaker left side of the defense. 

Can't argue too much with any of that.

[/QUOTE]

You don't think Buck is hurting the team?

You don't think if we added a front line reliever that other guys would be used in more specific roles and therefore, be more effective?  (case in point A Miller is not a 2 inning pitcher)..........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

5 of Buck's starts have been QS's.  There are signs he could turn it around.

It's a weird situation for us as Sox fans.  We don't see this very often if ever.

Our pitching overall is excellent, but our hitting is brutal. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

our lineup is weak - unless papi goes on a monumental tear like he did in MN, we are cooked....we have spare parts running the engine...seriously what do you expect? this is the team most of us thought we had last year .500   and that was with Salty and Ells...

As always - 100% correct!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It's a weird situation for us as Sox fans.  We don't see this very often if ever.

Buch had a very limited spring training. His arm strength and velocity, are improving. Can't give up on a starter, especially one who missed half of last season, and is coming back from an injury, at this point. We're pretty much where we were this time, last season but it wont stay that way for long, if they don't add a spark, to ignite the offense 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The pitchers  in the AL are giving their Managers a hard time. The managers are telling them that everyone can't pitch against the Sox. Ithink they should let their pitchers that are struggling get first shot at Sox ,Just to help their confidence a little bit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's more than just that. They also made the decision to ride on Clay's shoulder.

Going with a pitcher with the best record in BB and the best ERA in BB is not usually a discussion.

They also made the decision to not spend too much $ on the bull pen.

We have one guy with an ERA of 3.75 who had one bad appearance, and is at 0.00.  We have 5 other guys whoe ERAs are under 3.00.  Are you sure you didn't mean to say 'we spent too much on our BP'?

They also made the decision to downgrade the overall outfield offense. They also made the decision to live with a weaker left side of the defense.

Not much you can do there unless you want to overpay for Ellsbury.

And I didn't know you were such a fan of Stephen Drew.

Boggy I get, but not as SS. JBJ I get too. But WMB isn't a kid coming into this year. He had a full year under his belt heading into Sept of LAST year and he was demoted to the bench. And the Sox made him a starter this year at the same time they were taking on risk from 2 other KEY positions.

There seems to be a train of thought that moving Bogaerts when he only has a .708 would help.  I'm not quite sure I understand why.  A .708 3B with little experience at 3B is not helpful.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

QS is not the Holy Grail. And not all "QS" are created equally.  In some of those "QS" he gave up his 3 runs at the same time, very early in the game, and before the Sox could put a run on the board. When you take your team out of the game, I can not give you a QS..........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham
    ‏@PeteAbe
    A few telling #RedSox stats: 5-10 in 1-run games, 10-12 at home, 10-14 against teams with a winning record.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Giving up 3 early runs doesn't take your team out of the game.