HEREWE GO AGAIN.... Ws simply can't hit good pitching! Then again... we can't HIT PERIOD.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: HEREWE GO AGAIN.... Ws simply can't hit good pitching! Then again... we can't HIT PERIOD.

0, 3, 9, 6, 5, 8, 0, 4, 4, 2, ........       we're still averging below 4 runs per game 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Re: HEREWE GO AGAIN.... Ws simply can't hit good pitching! Then again... we can't HIT PERIOD.

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They also made the decision to ride on Clay's shoulder.  They also made the decision to not spend too much $ on the bull pen.

Disagree with these parts.  Riding on Buchholz isn't really hurting anything and the bullpen is still pretty good, Mujica aside.

They also made the decision to downgrade the overall outfield offense.   They also made the decision to live with a weaker left side of the defense. 

Boggy I get, but not as SS.  JBJ I get too.  But WMB isn't a kid coming into this year.  He had a full year under his belt heading into Sept of LAST year and he was demoted to the bench.  And the Sox made him a starter this year at the same time they were taking on risk from 2 other KEY positions.

I am not completely against Ben but I think he went too far to one side and needs to re-balance the team.

Can't argue too much with any of that.

[/QUOTE]

There is plenty of time to recompose this team, for Ben and the top brass whose purporse to repeat is questionable since last winter, are in no mood but fold... Me? No hopes at all...this is over, and yes WMB is one of the worst choises alongside Carp, Gomes, Nava, etc... In sum we need two hitters and and another starter, a reshuffle of infield, a new third baseman  at least...not easy at this point but the worst effort is the one  you keep in your head...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree our PB is overall good but we are lacking another arm.  Mejica and Badenhop are not sufficient and we are forced to use some guys out of their best roles........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

0, 3, 9, 6, 5, 8, 0, 4, 4, 2, ........       we're still averging below 4 runs per game 

[/QUOTE]

We're averaging 4.20 runs per game, to be exact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

with lots of variance....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

with lots of variance....

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm pretty sure every team has variance  No one scores exactly 4.20 per game.  When you use the term 'lots of variance', you have to be able to quantify it.  Do you even know if the variance is above or below average?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree our PB is overall good but we are lacking another arm.  Mejica and Badenhop are not sufficient and we are forced to use some guys out of their best roles........

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Since April 12, Badenhop's ERA is 0.49 and has 11 straight scoreless appearances.

Between Badenhop's 0.49, and you saying Miller can't go past 1.0 IPs, even though he is the best in BB at it, I have a feeling that you are making it up as you go along.

It's alright to have constructive criticisms, but you can't just wing it and throw criticisms out at random.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

4.1 & falling.....  

We are pathetic against any above average pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Hard to believe we are scoring so much We are like lower third in mlb in home runs and have 11 stolen bases, 11 right and bthen there is the haha RISP

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Since April 12, Badenhop's ERA is 0.49 and has 11 straight scoreless appearances.

Between Badenhop's 0.49, and you saying Miller can't go past 1.0 IPs, even though he is the best in BB at it, I have a feeling that you are making it up as you go along.

It's alright to have constructive criticisms, but you can't just wing it and throw criticisms out at random.

[/QUOTE]

now hold on....first, Badenhop has been pitching better as of late but he did cost the Sox a few games earlier on.  Second, you are being selective as citing only Badenhop and ignoring my comment on Mejica.  If you want to try and sugar coat Mejica then you will need to provide a very robust analysis and not just "wing it" with a random stat or unsupported claim.

You are claiming that Miller is "the best at pitching > 1 inning" yet offer no data to back that up.  However, even if you can say he is the best at it, that does not necessarily make him good at it (ie the bar could be very low).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry.  We can't. & likely won't!

[/QUOTE]

Seems like the Sox are going to follow the  Bruins idea that they don't need help and things will find a way to work out...  Here we go again !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

now hold on....first, Badenhop has been pitching better as of late but he did cost the Sox a few games earlier on. Second, you are being selective as citing only Badenhop and ignoring my comment on Mejica.

Sure, he pitched badly on April 8th.  But surely you know you won't get an RP that doesn't have a bad game occasionally.

If you want to try and sugar coat Mejica then you will need to provide a very robust analysis and not just "wing it" with a random stat or unsupported claim.

No, I asked you if what you had in mind was replacing our #7 guy (Mujica) and your reply was the you wanted someone really good.  I'd have no problem replacing Mujica, but replacing the #7 guy is a very low value-added proposition.

You are claiming that Miller is "the best at pitching > 1 inning" yet offer no data to back that up. However, even if you can say he is the best at it, that does not necessarily make him good at it (ie the bar could be very low).

I showed you the stats for 2012, 2013, and 2014.  IIRC, his ERA is < 1.00 for those three years when pitching > 1 inning.

If you don't think he is very good at it, why not explain an ERA of less than 1.00 isn't good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

now hold on....first, Badenhop has been pitching better as of late but he did cost the Sox a few games earlier on. Second, you are being selective as citing only Badenhop and ignoring my comment on Mejica.

Sure, he pitched badly on April 8th.  But surely you know you won't get an RP that doesn't have a bad game occasionally.

If you want to try and sugar coat Mejica then you will need to provide a very robust analysis and not just "wing it" with a random stat or unsupported claim.

No, I asked you if what you had in mind was replacing our #7 guy (Mujica) and your reply was the you wanted someone really good.  I'd have no problem replacing Mujica, but replacing the #7 guy is a very low value-added proposition.

You are claiming that Miller is "the best at pitching > 1 inning" yet offer no data to back that up. However, even if you can say he is the best at it, that does not necessarily make him good at it (ie the bar could be very low).

I showed you the stats for 2012, 2013, and 2014.  IIRC, his ERA is < 1.00 for those three years when pitching > 1 inning.

If you don't think he is very good at it, why not explain an ERA of less than 1.00 isn't good.

[/QUOTE]

Badenhop has had more than just 1 bad game

Who said replace #7 w/ another #7?  that would be insane

The last 2 games Miller went > 1 IP he got beat

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Badenhop has had more than just 1 bad game

No, he has had one bad game.  He's had games where he's given up a run, but I assume you are not implying that every time a pitcher gives up a run, that it is a bad game.

Who said replace #7 w/ another #7? that would be insane

Who would you replace Mujica with?

The last 2 games Miller went > 1 IP he got beat

What days were those games?  According to BR, he has 3 appearances > 1 IP this year.  He lost one of them.  He has no multi-inning losses in 2013 or 2013 either.  You have a tough hole to climb out of saying someone with an ERA of less than 1.00 in multi-inning games is a bad multi-inning pitcher.