Hey Bobby V... Avilies needs a day off, START IGGY AT SS, PLEASE!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Re: Hey Bobby V... Avilies needs a day off, START IGGY AT SS, PLEASE!!!!

Guess you haven't been watching how well Aviles has been hitting, lately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Does it matter how well he has been hitting? Is he the future? He is a 4th infielder. Play Iggy now !!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Didn't Bobby V want to start Iglesias at the beginning of the season?!?!?!? so what's the hold up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I want Iggy to play.  I want this so he can hit 180 and people can stop asking for him to play.

Not that I wont be rooting for him, but seriously this guy has given no indication he can hit at all.

I know people say Ozzie Smith but Ozzie was a career 262 hitter.  I hope I am wrong ( I didn't think much of Pedroia...ha)  but I don't see Iggy being able to be more than a utility infielder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

So if that happens who cares.... he is a top propsect, we need to see what he can do. Better now than in the middle of a play-off run in 2013.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Bobby V... Avilies needs a day off, START IGGY AT SS, PLEASE!!!!:
    [QUOTE]So if that happens who cares.... he is a top propsect, we need to see what he can do. Better now than in the middle of a play-off run in 2013.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

Play him.  Maybe I am wrong, maybe Bill is.  Might as well find out.  We know what Aviles can do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Weird to call him up and keep him on the bench. This may be the first non-move BV has made this year that is irking me. I may ask that he be fired now.  Cry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Maybe they don't want to play him, because it would confirm that he can't hit, and hurt his possible trade value?
    Just a thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Bobby V... Avilies needs a day off, START IGGY AT SS, PLEASE!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they don't want to play him, because it would confirm that he can't hit, and hurt his possible trade value? Just a thought.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

He can't hit.  He is so overhyped.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Bobby V... Avilies needs a day off, START IGGY AT SS, PLEASE!!!! : He can't hit.  He is so overhyped.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

while i am the driver of the "iggy cant hit" bus. he is in the midst of a hot streak at AAA. i would love to see him come up and hit well so we can trade him in the offseason. we have so much depth at SS in the organization and this kid doesn't look like he will stick. so if he comes up and hits OK (well enough for another team to bite on him) then maybe he can be the sweetener on a deal for a top of the rotation guy.

we all know iggy will never be a good hitter, but if he plays well in this stint with the big club we can pull the wool over another GMs eyes (hopefully). thats my wish anyway, i don't want a SS who can't hit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

No GM will be fooled if Iggy has a little hot streak in Boston. By now his potential to hit in the bigs is well recorded. He could fool everyone and hit decently, but the team that trades for him will want him to remember to bring his glove.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]No GM will be fooled if Iggy has a little hot streak in Boston. By now his potential to hit in the bigs is well recorded. He could fool everyone and hit decently, but the team that trades for him will want him to remember to bring his glove.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

hard to say buddy. unless your a mind reader and know the thoughts of the other 29 GMs.... i mean, who thought LA would take our 3 biggest contracts and give up their 2 best pitching prospects and 2 b-level guys? and yet, we're a quarter billion dollars richer. clearly, dumb GMs exist..

its hard to think a player with as much super-hype as iggy being "the FUTURE" @ SS for the sox and a perennial GG'er wouldn't cause a GM to bite...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Well, tonight he gets a chance.  Aviles out, Iglesias in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ws2012. Show Ws2012's posts

He needs to learn to hit in the minors. He has done nothing. Let him help or hurt Pawtuckets chance at a wild card and get the experience of winning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Valentine was quoted yesterday as saying that Iggy was tired from the Pawsox schedule and could use some time off.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He sure as heck didnt save any outs last night and was almost invisible on defense. Failed to bunt twice and then hit into a double play, also one K.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts