Hey don't look now but........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Hey don't look now but........

It was just reported that Dice K threw 2 innings in a minor league game and looks very much ahead of schedule. so did our side arm slinger Hill also. they said that his return around june was more than quite possible yet also that it could be earlier than that. stay tuned. this could get very interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Re: Hey don't look now but........

Woot!! Looking for a killer year from Daisuke as well!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Hey don't look now but........:
    Woot!! Looking for a killer year from Daisuke as well!
    Posted by Yoshimi25

you betcha katana babydoll! I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER gave up on that kid. he has the heart of a samari and knows the code of bushido.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

ive always been a big fan of dice-k too. hes got great stuff when hes on and i think hes going to rebound huge when he gets back this year. the sooner the better

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

If he could return in June instead of August, he could be the difference maker for this season. And with Bobby V. there now instead of Francona, he should feel more at home. Go Dice-K!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

If he could return in June instead of August, he could be the difference maker for this season. And with Bobby V. there now instead of Francona, he should feel more at home. Go Dice-K!!
    Posted by Teakus

Teakus my friend, we see eye to eye. The biggest factor about this kid rebounding is the wonderful fact that he won't need an interpretor to talk to his manager. to me that is hugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

plus i think with how so-so hes been the past few years no one is expecting him to go out and be the 18 game winner he was when he first showed up in boston. some relief of pressure will certainly do him good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

plus i think with how so-so hes been the past few years no one is expecting him to go out and be the 18 game winner he was when he first showed up in boston. some relief of pressure will certainly do him good
    Posted by mef429

Great point about expectations.  It's why a lot on this board are all over Crawford because the expectations for him were so high, mainly due to the contract. 

I would love for Dice to put in a few productive games this year.  That would exceed my expectations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

It would interesting to search and recall all the negative posts about Dice-k.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Hey don't look now but........ : you betcha katana babydoll! I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER gave up on that kid. he has the heart of a samari and knows the code of bushido.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Word!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Hey don't look now but........ : Great point about expectations.  It's why a lot on this board are all over Crawford because the expectations for him were so high, mainly due to the contract.  I would love for Dice to put in a few productive games this year.  That would exceed my expectations.
    Posted by Yukon-Cornelius

I'll go ya one better Yukon. I'm looking seriously at the Crawdaddy to make a big rebound this year as well. he knows he has a lot to prove to his teammates and to his fans. right now he is in baseball shape. as soon as his wrist is totally 100% then look out. they have talked to him about his stance and he is listening. he's doing it the right way. first the off the T and then some soft toss and then on to taking live BP. all depending upon the doc's giving him the green light. man, a healthy productive carl crawford would be hugh for us man. hugh. left field is waiting.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

DiceK was outstanding for 2007 title team and 2008 ALCS 7 game series team. Too bad he's not measured by the same swamp standard as Tim Wastefield.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I'm kind of wary or 6 man rotos we did this when we had brad penny and smoltz and it did not bode well. We're having enough trouble trying to find 5 servicible starters

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

He better keep that hair.  He's on some Mark Fidrych meets Ronald McDonald s&*t.  Space-approved!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Mark Fidrych was a credit to baseball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Good reports. Hope he can keep it up, come back ready and healthy as soon as is reasonable, because I too think with Bobby V. here and lowered expectations he will definately help our rotation. How much, remains to be seen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Wastefield had girls' softball standards projected on him. Good ole boys are treated differently.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Hey don't look now but........ : I know what you mean...but assuming every one is healthy and pitching well come June and Dice is ready I like the idea of slotting him in the 6th spot. It eases him back, saves the Big 3 some wear and tear and also helps Bard's innings as he adjusts to a season as a starter....then if someone goes down you go right back to the 5 man 
    Posted by thepeskypole6

yeah that makes every bit of sense. Although i would rather have Bard in the BP unless he takes to starting "like a duck to water" as bobby V would say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Mark Fidrych was a credit to baseball.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Indeed Hank.  A tremendous pitcher, a raging spirit, and the pride of Worcester, Ma (well, we claim him anyway).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

I REALLY think Dice could have a 14 win season. That would be a big boost in the playoffs!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Hey don't look now but........:
    It was just reported that Dice K threw 2 innings in a minor league game and looks very much ahead of schedule. so did our side arm slinger Hill also. they said that his return around june was more than quite possible yet also that it could be earlier than that. stay tuned. this could get very interesting.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

I'm more interested in Hill at this point. A team can't have enough lefties in the pen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

That's why I drafted the Boy !! LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good news. Hope he makes it back to 2008 form. What a shot in the arm he'd be, and Hill too in the pen!

Sections
Shortcuts