Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back?

Just asking because I was assured at the beginning of the week by several posters in the know that the Sox would most certainly be 3 back by weeks end.  Does anyone know the standings?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back?

I gotta own that, Spaceman.  I was among those who posted that they would have a brutal road trip.   Shows what I know.

I'm done prognosticating.  Let them fall where they may.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Well,they are 4 1/2 behind Philadelphia for the best record in baseball.Does that help?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back?:
    I gotta own that, Spaceman.  I was among those who posted that they would have a brutal road trip.   Shows what I know. I'm done prognosticating.  Let them fall where they may.
    Posted by soups

Amen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The return of Ellsbury to the lineup took care of ruining all those sissy fans predictions of doom and gloom.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

i checked the standings, and it says the Sox are ahead. It also says John Lackey leads the Red Sox in pitching wins. What's your point?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I gotta own that, Spaceman.  I was among those who posted that they would have a brutal road trip.   Shows what I know. I'm done prognosticating.  Let them fall where they may.
    Posted by soups

Hey Soups, where is that vista photo in your avatar?  I wish I was there everytime I look at it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

That's why we play the games...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

I love that I was wrong. All was right with the world last night.  The gloom and doomers love when we're wrong; don't expect us to captain the good ship lollipop though in the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I love that I was wrong. All was right with the world last night.  The gloom and doomers love when we're wrong; don't expect us to captain the good ship lollipop though in the future.
    Posted by frankn

I will, as usual, take the helm frankn.  No worries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Thanks Spaceman.  If were at the helm, Titantic II would be in the making.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5000. Show bosoxfan5000's posts

In Response to Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back?:
    Just asking because I was assured at the beginning of the week by several posters in the know that the Sox would most certainly be 3 back by weeks end.  Does anyone know the standings?  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

The red sox are a game ahead of the yankees as of August 25.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I said, before road trip, if only 2 back or better after trip then Red Sox will be favorites to win division. It's going to happen. Fear is not a clear mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

There were two different topics about the Sox's falling behind the Yankees.  First one was probably around the last week of June when the Yankees over-took the Red Sox.  And the second one is probably not too long ago.

This poster is either a Yankee fan or still have the 1978 obsession!!!

Who care, Sox are doing a fine job from the 2-10 start to today!!

Go Sox

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : Hey Soups, where is that vista photo in your avatar?  I wish I was there everytime I look at it.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Lol.  Me too, Spaceman.  It's actually a stock photo that came with Windows, but it's the coast of Maine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : Lol.  Me too, Spaceman.  It's actually a stock photo that came with Windows, but it's the coast of Maine.
    Posted by soups

Aww man.  I was thinking it was your ocean-view hill-side secret lair.  Windows stock photo?!?  I am more dissappointed than Yazzer after a Sox world championship.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I too thought we would struggle to split on this road trip and the Yankees would take advantage(being home against weak opponents) and we would fall a couple of games back...especially with the injuries. Once again however despite the adversity this team not only bounces back but comes on stronger. So lets see, 3 injured regulars, horrible Manager and GM(according to some of our favorite posters), only 2 decent starters.....only one decent outfielder, and he is brittle and overrated....Catchers who either can't catch, can't hit or both...weak at SS,  and no bench to speak of and yet we find ourselves One game up in our division with the 2nd best record in all of Baseball. We must be really lucky, cheating... or have some fans who are really ignorant. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : Aww man.  I was thinking it was your ocean-view hill-side secret lair.  Windows stock photo?!?  I am more dissappointed than Yazzer after a Sox world championship.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

hear ya space, and damn it! were gonna have to blame Theo for this world championship!

all kiddin aside space, our boys could possibly go on one helluva tear if els,agon and crawdaddy get into a consistant power groove....and I haven't even mentioned papi either. it's beginning to look like a beckett,lester,lackey threeway could lead us deep into the promised land. aceves and wheeler setting up bard and paps. holy xmas batman! and getting youk and possibly buch back would be the icing on the cake bro!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : hear ya space, and damn it! were gonna have to blame Theo for this world championship! all kiddin aside space, our boys could possibly go on one helluva tear if els,agon and crawdaddy get into a consistant power groove....and I haven't even mentioned papi either. it's beginning to look like a beckett,lester,lackey threeway could lead us deep into the promised land. aceves and wheeler setting up bard and paps. holy xmas batman! and getting youk and possibly buch back would be the icing on the cake bro!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

No doubt Hammah.  I am excited.  but, i ain't countin' no chickens.  Just happy they have wiped the memory of April out of everyone in Arlington's mind.  Thats taking care of business.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : hear ya space, and damn it! were gonna have to blame Theo for this world championship! all kiddin aside space, our boys could possibly go on one helluva tear if els,agon and crawdaddy get into a consistant power groove....and I haven't even mentioned papi either. it's beginning to look like a beckett,lester,lackey threeway could lead us deep into the promised land. aceves and wheeler setting up bard and paps. holy xmas batman! and getting youk and possibly buch back would be the icing on the cake bro!
    Posted by Hammah29r2

ankees have some serious rotation problems. 1. CC is great, but only good in post season.  2. yeah Hughes looks good. 3. I wouldn't want Colon or AJ as  my #3. In the post season you only use 4 throwers at the most. I will take our chances.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : No doubt Hammah.  I am excited.  but, i ain't countin' no chickens.  Just happy they have wiped the memory of April out of everyone in Arlington's mind.  Thats taking care of business.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Space, great win last night i thought Tito did a great job by pitching Paps in the 9th inning last night the only thing I am worried about is the Bullpen. The sox need to send down Lavarnway & bring up a fresh arm, also put Albers on the DL this guy is taxed he need to be shut down for about 10 days, tell me what you think

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : Space, great win last night i thought Tito did a great job by pitching Paps in the 9th inning last night the only thing I am worried about is the Bullpen. The sox need to send down Lavarnway & bring up a fresh arm, also put Albers on the DL this guy is taxed he need to be shut down for about 10 days, tell me what you think
    Posted by tc25

I am all for getting the key bullpen arms some rest at this juncture.  Albers definitely looks a little gassed.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

i checked the standings, and it says the Sox are ahead. It also says John Lackey leads the Red Sox in pitching wins. What's your point?
    Posted by dannycater

Do you realize josh Beckett (11-5) Has 9 no-decisions this year and was leading or tied in each? If he,d had some run support, he would have had several more wins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Guys, Are the Sox 3 Games Back? : ankees have some serious rotation problems. 1. CC is great, but only good in post season.  2. yeah Hughes looks good. 3. I wouldn't want Colon or AJ as  my #3. In the post season you only use 4 throwers at the most. I will take our chances.
    Posted by boboinfla

Hughes has looked good in August, but he got bombed to day against Oakland...AJ has been consistently horrible....Colon is breaking down....and now Yankees fans are counting on Nova to be there #2 in the playoffs.....a guy they were sending to the minors 6 weeks ago......I would say those are definitely serious rotation problems.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The Yanks are getting spanked right now!

Sections
Shortcuts