Hey, Hey, LBJ, 154 Million & No Tiger Contender Today! Hell No Status Quo!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Hey, Hey, LBJ, 154 Million & No Tiger Contender Today! Hell No Status Quo!

Soriano is useless at bat and in the field.  Nava is twice the player Soriano is. 

Dan Vogelbach is a fat tub of lard who has yet to get his OPS up to .800 in AA ball.  No way, no how can he help this year.  I think Bogaerts, when and if he gets his hitting where it can be, is destined for 1B. 

Gomes hasn't even gotten up the mendoza line, and you want him to be the next Dusty Rhodes (Giants, 1954 WS). 

If the current trend keeps up, Ellsbury just might be the third most consistent hitter on the team after Ortiz and Pedroia.  Letting him go for two duds like Soriano and Vogelbach would be a mistake of major proportions.  Sweetening it with a "top 100" pick ain't much of a sweetener when the guy bombs.  Top ten or top twenty, maybe, but top 100 is a crap shoot.

softlaw and I sort of agree a big righty bat would be good right now, but his OP has no good righty bat--that is, none better than what is currently in the lineup--in it.  Soriano is a joke. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

You cut and pasted this from before. These proposals make the team worse. If the team wants to get serious they need a righty bat off the bench, and a SP. Bradley starting after the trade deadline means the team waved the white flag.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Yes, as I stated, 5-3 would be quite good. Both the Phillies and Indians are pretenders, just like the Red Sox.

I'd like to see middle management make bold trade moves, and not get a false sense of secuirty with a 32-22 record.

I would see if the Cubs are interested enough in dumping Soriano's last 1.5 year costs (about 27 million) enough to send he and 1B prospect Dan Vogelbach, who is blocked by Rizzo.

I would then like to see them sell Ellsbury's contract to the highest NL bidder who offers a top 100 consenses ranked prospect who currently has good numbers in AA ball or above.

Soriano would then be a 2014 platoon bridge profile.

The OF would then look like this:

LF Soriano (excellent slugging fit in Fenway v. LP)

CF Bradley/Shane

RF Shane/Nava

Gomes is RH pinch hit bat for Iglesias, Salty, Bradley, Nava and S. Drew, and takes the DH v. enough LH starters to where Ortiz doesn't start more than 110 games total.

There is no need to keep both S. Drew and Carp on the roster. Easier to get rid of Carp and use S. Drew as the lefty bat. One of them needs to be the bench LH bat pinch hitter, along with a platooning Nava. Iglesias should take over the starting SS job, and S. Drew should be ordered to play 3B and become the UIF'er/backup 1B, even if he's trying to impress the upcoming winter market as a starting SS. If he sulks about it, send cash and get rid of him.

The 1B depth chart should be Napoli, S. Drew & Nava

This team needs a RH slugging bat profile in the OF, v LP.

On the budget, this move would:

2013  Net increase 10M from ~154M to 164M  (No way this should matter)

2014 Net decrease 2.5M off books Ellsbury 9M  S. Drew 9.5M Ortiz 3M

2015 Soriano Off the books

Red Sox would net 1 prospect for taking Soriano contract, and 1 currently proven in 1 or more years in the minors top 100 prospect for Ellsbury.

Big mistake to pump 10M into S. Drew and 13M for 3 years in Shane and 5M for two years on Gomes. But that's the status quo, and it needs to be changed.

The Crawbust contract had a huge fallout, the Red Sox had to go mercenary at 1B and did nothing to address the issue in the OF.

The status quo doesn't cut it, despite the "we're in first place right now!"

Saved for further ridicule.

(In case softy gets booted and his posts are erased)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Nava has more HR's, RBI's, BB's and a higher average than Soriano for 18 million less. I think smart baseball people will pass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Yes, as I stated, 5-3 would be quite good. Both the Phillies and Indians are pretenders, just like the Red Sox.

I'd like to see middle management make bold trade moves, and not get a false sense of secuirty with a 32-22 record.

I would see if the Cubs are interested enough in dumping Soriano's last 1.5 year costs (about 27 million) enough to send he and 1B prospect Dan Vogelbach, who is blocked by Rizzo.

I would then like to see them sell Ellsbury's contract to the highest NL bidder who offers a top 100 consenses ranked prospect who currently has good numbers in AA ball or above.

CF Bradley/Shane

RF Shane/Nava

Gomes is RH pinch hit bat for Iglesias, Salty, Bradley, Nava and S. Drew, and takes the DH v. enough LH starters to where Ortiz doesn't start more than 110 games total.

There is no need to keep both S. Drew and Carp on the roster. Easier to get rid of Carp and use S. Drew as the lefty bat. One of them needs to be the bench LH bat pinch hitter, along with a platooning Nava. Iglesias should take over the starting SS job, and S. Drew should be ordered to play 3B and become the UIF'er/backup 1B, even if he's trying to impress the upcoming winter market as a starting SS. If he sulks about it, send cash and get rid of him.

Red Sox would net 1 prospect for taking Soriano contract, and 1 currently proven in 1 or more years in the minors top 100 prospect for Ellsbury.

Big mistake to pump 10M into S. Drew and 13M for 3 years in Shane and 5M for two years on Gomes. But that's the status quo, and it needs to be changed.

The Crawbust contract had a huge fallout, the Red Sox had to go mercenary at 1B and did nothing to address the issue in the OF.

SOFTY.......  Im sorry to say that our fellow posters have very little vision and a lack of ability to envision your Baseball moves.......  They would rather throw stones, than engage in your/our thought process !!!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

CF Bradley/Shane

RF Shane/Nava

SOFTY.......  Im sorry to say that our fellow posters have very little vision and a lack of ability to envision your Baseball moves.......  They would rather throw stones, than engage in your/our thought process !!!!!

knees sore Bozo?

Arggg... He's got wooden knees! Matey!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

CF Bradley/Shane

RF Shane/Nava

hahahaha bill.  i love when you post to yourself/alter ego.  so funny. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

CF Bradley/Shane

RF Shane/Nava

hahahaha bill.  i love when you post to yourself/alter ego.  so funny. 

+1   (PING!!!)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Completely agree the Sox outfield (and infield) have not hit lefties.  Good work on the stats.   Do not agree Soriano is the answer.  He came up in the Yankees system, and they could not wait to get rid of him despite good stats.  The guy is trouble. 

Everyone likes Bradley, and most everyone sees him inheriting CF.  We simply disagree about how soon that should be.  Me, I want to see if the guy who was 2d in MVP voting in 2011 can do some good before dumping him. Right now he's hitting a blue streak. My only invective was directed at players, not bloggers.   

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"hahahaha bill.  i love when you post to yourself/alter ego.  so funny. "

softy is it true you are runing Bill 806 as an alias? If so, do take credit, that is briliant stuff. I would much rather think of Bill as your alias than as some other real person who is so in love with the smell of your brain queefs...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

softy is it true you are runing Bill 806 as an alias? If so, do take credit, that is briliant stuff. I would much rather think of Bill as your alias than as some other real person who is so in love with the smell of your brain queefs...

If there were more out there like SOFTY & BILL-806,  the "BIG O" would never have been annointed !!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He came up in the Yankees system, and they could not wait to get rid of him despite good stats. The guy is trouble.

The context of his departure from the Yankees had nothing to do with "the guy is trouble", which is a meaningless phrase. He's short on the contract and fits what the Red Sox need. If the Cubs would send him and a prospect it would be a great move and a contract that is near the end and a bridge to farm talent.

As for Ellsbury and this "guy was 2nd in MVP voting", in the best year of his life his OPS was .841 with 6 HR v. LP. In baseball, the batters behind make a huge difference. 2011, as south has correctly pointed out, was a function of that affect.

At the end of the day, better to have Soriano on the books with Bradley and Shane and Nava and Gomes than to have Ellsbury play a few more months to "see what he can do before dumping him".

Any GM who offers a top 100 prospect who is currently proving to be solid in at least 1 more more years in AA or higher should be send Ellsbury's contract assignment.

That makes the outfield worse. This just makes no sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

If there were more out there like SOFTY & BILL-806,  the "BIG O" would never have been annointed !!!!!!!

And there you have it

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I know of a few posters here playing games with sox fans (not saying its bill or softy. Also not saying its not ;) When this site had all those glitches during the bombings, I was able to read others private messages. Dont ask me how, but boy did I learn a few things about a couple posters here...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Looking at the average of medians...

2010-2013 vs LHPs:

C Ross    .896 (The guy softy bashed me for wanting to sign last winter)

Gomes   .875

Soriano  .864

2011-2013 vs LHPs:

C Ross    .902

Gomes    .885

Soriano  .826  

2012-2013 vs LHPs:

C Ross   1.098  (3rd behind Braun & McCutchen)

Gomes     .894 (12th best in MLB/ 2nd best with players over 250 PAs)

Victorino .845

Soriano   .833

Do the math and average out the medians.

25. This post has been removed.