Hey John Farrell, Check Drew's Stats and Iglesias' Stats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Hey John Farrell, Check Drew's Stats and Iglesias' Stats

Drew should be on the bench. Why is Iglesias sitting? No reason John Farrell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Hey John Farrell, Check Drew's Stats and Iglesias' Stats

All part of keeping veterans happy although I do agree with you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

You could just as easily ask why Middlebrooks isn't on the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

You starting to sound like Softlaw with his obsession over Ellsbury

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

You starting to sound like Softlaw with his obsession over Ellsbury

so you agree with drew playing over iglesias

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No I've been an advocate for Iglesias starting at short stop before it was popular last year and earlier in ST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Borrowed from Hill-\

Projected rest-of-season WAR* as reported at FanGraphs:

Jose Iglesias: ZIPS 0.6, Steamer 0.1

Will Middlebrooks: ZIPS 0.5, Steamer 0.9

Stephen Drew: ZIPS 1.1, Steamer 0.7

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=10231&position=3B/SS

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=7002&position=3B

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=4251&position=SS

* Wins Above Replacement

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hey, ADG, check the Sox won-lost record and compare it to last year.  It is remotely possible Farrell knows what he is doing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Hey, ADG, check the Sox won-lost record and compare it to last year.  It is remotely possible Farrell knows what he is doing.

Max, 

Although I agree with you and find it disconcerting that there is still so much negativity on BDC considering the Sox have the best record in the American League I would tend to agree with those who want Iggy to start, I was a huge proponent of the Drew signing, sending Iggy down till he was ready etc, but now with Iggy playing as well as he is I agree with those who want Iggy to start. Despite Drew's big salary, he should be on the bench or used in utility if Middlebrooks is to start at 3rd with Iggy at short.

The club is winning but the lineup is that much stronger with Iggy in it rather than Drew. What to do with Drew's contract I'm not sure whether to trade him him and eat much of the contract or let him finish the year and see if Iggy can continue to hit well. 

Hetch

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Gotta keep hammering this one guys, as this is about the only thing to complain about at this point.  Keep it up.  Let's see if we can make as big a deal as possible over it.  If we continue hammering how bad the Iggy situation is, that will open up many more doors to complain about Farrell and management.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Right not Farrell has my total trust. You judge on results and so far the results have been great.

Having said that, I would like to see Iglesia get more playing time at Drew's expense.

As an organization the Sox need to get a good read on J.I.  Is he the long term solution at SS ?

I hope Farrell finds a way to use him more going forward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=ss&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2013&month=0&season1=2013&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/position/ss/sort/WARBR/order/true

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Gee I think the stats seem to suggest Drew is an above average short stop.  

Don't worry, Iggy will be there soon.

When Iggy is there....then what in the world we will complain about???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

You could just as easily ask why Middlebrooks isn't on the bench.

Yup. If you go by the numbers, Middlebrooks would be the odd man out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am reasonably sure that John Farrell does not waste any time on these forums. But, if he did it would mainly be for amusement, not advise.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not sure why everyone is so concerned about Drew. Solid defense and although a rough start due to a concussion, he was red hot for about a month then cooled of about the time he tweaked his back. He'll heat up again like he always does. Everyone SHOULD be more concerned with Middy. Right now, hes the low man on the totem pole IMO and should carry the most concern.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Middy is getting a pass because he's young, he's homegrown, he's low-paid, he's likeable, and he's had some nice moments.  Drew is getting no pass because he's a 30-year old hired gun making 9.5 million.  But if people would take their biases out of it they'd see that Drew has played much better than Middy. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

there are 9.5 million reasons why drew will continue to play SS

there are 1 gazillion reasons why iggy should play 3b

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

One and only one reason why Drew is playing they are winning with him in there with one error.

Yes Iggy is doing quite well but the amount they each are getting paid has nothing to do with it. Drew is a very good SS and they are winning. Iggy may be come a great SS but you do not stop the successful run with a trade of a guy they are winning with at least not in May.

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

One and only one reason why Drew is playing they are winning with him in there with one error.

Yes Iggy is doing quite well but the amount they each are getting paid has nothing to do with it. Drew is a very good SS and they are winning. Iggy may be come a great SS but you do not stop the successful run with a trade of a guy they are winning with at least not in May.

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

Redsox are 23-19 when Drew plays, 17-7 when Iggy plays.  It's the money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to ADG's comment:

Drew should be on the bench. Why is Iglesias sitting? No reason John Farrell.

Iggy sitting aagin tonight. Guess that means u will start another whine thread.

Conan "The No Value Contributor" O'Brien = Troll