Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good

Moon - You can defend Wakefield all you want,  but look at his line. He's no good. 3 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 1 HBP, 2 WP. 63 Pitches. 

Staked with a 3 run lead and he can't do anything.

You can put your CERA numbers all you want, he's awful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good

team is still 'in the game'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I would still take Wakefield over Lackey any day of the week.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good:
    [QUOTE]I would still take Wakefield over Lackey any day of the week.  
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

thats really bad... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]team is still 'in the game'
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Not my point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It looks like Wakefield will win his 200th game.  Talk about great run support.  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good:
    [QUOTE]Moon - You can defend Wakefield all you want,  but look at his line. He's no good. 3 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 1 HBP, 2 WP. 63 Pitches.  Staked with a 3 run lead and he can't do anything. You can put your CERA numbers all you want, he's awful.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a98fe797522297c18cf2a772524b368b&plckUserId=a98fe797522297c18cf2a772524b368b

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

[QUOTE]I would still take Wakefield over Lackey any day of the week.  
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

that statement proves nothing, Id take me over Lackey. Wakefield is still sh1te, 200th win and 178th loss last start.  He'll probably give up this lead. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The master of one game judgements.

If Wake is no good, so is half our starters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good:
    [QUOTE]Moon - You can defend Wakefield all you want,  but look at his line. He's no good. 3 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 1 HBP, 2 WP. 63 Pitches.  Staked with a 3 run lead and he can't do anything. You can put your CERA numbers all you want, he's awful.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

So, Bard is no good either?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

ADG logic: Bard is worse than Wake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

As bad as Wake was tonight, and I agree he was bad, the bullpen was worse.  He gave up 5 runs in 5 innings, and they gave up 6 in 3 innings. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

How long did it take you to figure out that Wastefield is no good? His ERA is over 5 for over 2 years. If there is nothing on the farm that can do better than that then they need to fire some people.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Wake  is  just  going  through  a  rough  stretch.  It's  only  his  eighth  attempt  to  win  200.  I'd  keep  him  in  the  lineup  cause  winning  200  is  a  great  milestone.  If  he  doesn't  win  200  by  his  12th  attempt  I'd  start  to  get  concerned. Wake's  ERA  is  just  over  6.00  but  he'll  come  around  in  the  playoffs.  If  Beckett  is  hurt, I'd  list  Wake  as  our  #2  starter  in  the  playoffs.  If  Wake  doesn't  get  200  this  season, I'm  sure  he  get  his  200th  win  next  year.  Wake  is  awesome.  And  so  is  Theo !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KurtColorado. Show KurtColorado's posts

In Response to Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good.

Wakefield needs to disappear. He's going to be worthless down the stretch. Albers has been a joke for atleast 5 or 6 outings now, why pitch him in a close game? It makes no sense. This team has no chance of anything in the playoffs if they even get there. They still have seven games against Tampa and I could see them choking the season away. Pathetic. Gonzales is a singles hitter batting third, Crawford is a joke, Youk is underperforming, they are ending the season the way they started it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]How long did it take you to figure out that Wastefield is no good? His ERA is over 5 for over 2 years. If there is nothing on the farm that can do better than that then they need to fire some people.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Andrew Miller hasn't been that good.  His ERA over the last 2 years is over 6, and half of that was in the No-DH League. 

As for the rest of the farm, pretty sure they are already in Boston.  In fact, Weiland starts Sunday.  Know why? 

BECAUSE THE SOX HAVE FOUR STARTING PITCHERS WHO ARE INJURED!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

6 man rotation makes Wastefield a savior, with 4 men hurt from the 5 and 6 days off that were not enough rest. Need to go to a 10 man rotation and rest each pitcher for 9 days and see if that keeps them off DL.

Miller is 45 years old and his best years are in the past. A lot of magic left in Wastefield. Both are in the 6 man rotation, and the farm system doesnt have anything better than Wastefield for a spot start or two.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Wake  is  just  going  through  a  rough  stretch.  It's  only  his  eighth  attempt  to  win  200.  I'd  keep  him  in  the  lineup  cause  winning  200  is  a  great  milestone.  If  he  doesn't  win  200  by  his  12th  attempt  I'd  start  to  get  concerned. Wake's  ERA  is  just  over  6.00  but  he'll  come  around  in  the  playoffs.  If  Beckett  is  hurt, I'd  list  Wake  as  our  #2  starter  in  the  playoffs.  If  Wake  doesn't  get  200  this  season, I'm  sure  he  get  his  200th  win  next  year.  Wake  is  awesome.  And  so  is  Theo !
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

Love your tongue & cheek humor---I know that when I'm really upset, pissed, disgusted, I try to put a smile on my face and inject some humor into the situation...you, have, and I enjoyed your comments !!!

Ya know...can't really completely blame Wakefield tonight ---he gave up only 3 hits !!!  As a good gesture, I would not pitch him against a low era pitcher but one from whom we can be expected to hit & give Wake at least 5 runs so that he has a good chance to win # 200.  But that wasn’t the case tonight !!! But after he gets 200, this year or next,  either retire him or let him do some relief for a couple of innings.  I believe he can fool teams the first time around but good hitters figure him out and his slow sinking balls can come across as big as a softball the 2nd or 3rd time around.  Let’s not forget that the “300 club” is among the highest accomplishments a starting pitcher can achieve and only 25 have done it I believe. Some retired  with exactly 300 & a few others right after. It seems that this goal of 200 is a big plum for Wake, the Red Sox & the Fans so let it be and then, let him retire.

Tonight, we're ahead 8-6 and give up 1 hit batter & 3 walks & then the double clears the bases. They get 5 runs on 2 hits & in the 9th, wouldn't you know it, we get 2 runs on 3 hits !!!

Ah, yes, but our offensive juggernaut got 14 hits to only 8---that's kind off  positive ain't it...+6 hits !!!

Sorry to appear the prophet of doom but I'm despondent & disgusted !!!

And to think, the Yankees lost !!!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good : that statement proves nothing, Id take me over Lackey. Wakefield is still sh1te, 200th win and 178th loss last start.  He'll probably give up this lead. 
    Posted by jamesey271975[/QUOTE]

We have lots of better options...
    Tell me which one has clearly done better...

2010-2011 numbers:

WHIP  tERA  SIERA  ERA
    Miller  2.01  6.59   5.11   6.47
    Weil    1.67  5.20  5.25   5.66
    Doub  1.64  4.48  4.23   5.22
    Bowd  1.59  4.31  4.01   4.03 (Turned into a reliever)
    Lack   1.48  4.65   4.27   5.08
    Wake 1.34   4.58  4.52   5.15

Before people start screaming for Wake's release based on his numbers this year or the last 2 years, look long and hard at who would replace him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm going to add a little fuel to the fire.  The Sox now have around 45 unearned runs, and Wakefield has 15 or 16 of them.  The next most unearned runs on the Sox is four, and two guys, one of them Lackey, have them.

This is not bad luck or coincidence or anything like that.  It's the direct result of the way this guy pitches, especially this year.  His knuckler is either very hittable or almost uncatchable.  I therefore think that his earned run average of around 5 is artificially low (even though it isn't low).  That is, when there is an error and he then gives up a bunch of runs which are "unearned," he is getting off the hook for what in reality was an error plus lousy pitching. 

Wakefield needs to go.  Maybe not immediately because the Sox are already committed in the near term to starting Miller and Weiland in addition to Lackey, Lester, and Wakefield, but soon.  After his last outing when he went 4 shutout innings in relief, I had the gall to say he had an outside shot at the playoffs, but I don't think that now. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Wakefield is still better than Lackey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good : Not my point.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

no but that would be dcater, harness, and moon's point... Tim kept them in the game (which is laughable to the rest of us).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]The master of one game judgements. If Wake is no good, so is half our starters.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

That is a more accurate statement than you can admit to. #4 and #5 do not exist on this team. And now our #1 and # 3 have injuries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wastefield was better than Lackey in 2010, and is much better this year. Clearly, Theo should just deal with the sunk cost of Lackey and resign Wastefield before a FA bidding war has him end up on the Yankees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And had Bard not imploded and Wake got #200, you'd be no where to be found.