1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Re: Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good

Yes, agreed, Wastefield is no good

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Wakefield is good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Wakefield has earned the respect.....Bard blew this game ...Wake didn't pitch great..but had the lead...Bard blew it

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wake should not be starting for a team of our caliber - injuries or not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Wake is a swell guy.  He deserves to get his 200th win.  If he does, MLB should have a celebration like they did for Jeter.  Wake is the real deal, he is a monster athelete with awesome control and ability.   The Sox would be in last place if not for him.   Nobody can give 5 innings like he can, he is like superman with a red neck.  Forget the high ERA, wild pitches, passed balls, hit batters, walks, and instant implosions.  This guy can flat out PITCH for 5 innings.   I may name a son after him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Throwing SPs under a bus in games choked squarely by the bullpen has to make this one of the more ridiculous threads of 2011. Bard struck out 2 guys, looked like he was about to get out of a jam, which most certainly would have resulted in a 9-6 or 8-6 Sox win, then lost his control for the 2nd time in the inning. But yeah, Tim lost the game, and Tim put the team in the position for Bard to choke, and blah, and blah, and blah, and Tim is responsible for 9-11, and blah, and Tim stole the Lindbergh baby. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You'd think Wakefield pissed in every's backyard on this forum. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good:
    [QUOTE]Moon - You can defend Wakefield all you want,  but look at his line. He's no good. 3 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 1 HBP, 2 WP. 63 Pitches.  Staked with a 3 run lead and he can't do anything. You can put your CERA numbers all you want, he's awful.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Management got a reality check this season when Clay went down.  It's obvious Wake should retire despite those who oppose it.  Then you have Lackey who in my opinion is worse than Wake.  I'm sure Theo can't be too happy about the signing so he may have his work cut out trying to address the situation at some point.  With Miller the jury is still out as a starter.  

I don't see any youngster, whether it be Weiland, Doubront, Renaudo etc. stepping into the rotation anytime soon.  Our best pitching prospect in my opinion is Matt Barnes and he won't be ready for two or three years if we bring him along slowly.  I'm hoping Clay gets some time in the PS along with Aceves, Bedard and possibly even Miller out of the pen. 

Keep Lackey and Wake out of PS play at all cost.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

another guy who must have been rear-ended by Wakefield's car....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Moon, Wakefield is no good:
    [QUOTE]You guys need to take responsibility for being bananas... Wakefield has failed miserably this season. I was all for his being on the team in the Spring but the time has come to let him go. No spot on the play-off roster only solidifies how wrong you are.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Care to back up this idiocy?
    I didn't think so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]You'd think Wakefield pissed in every's backyard on this forum. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the flic "NEVER CRY WOLF".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where's all the one or two game sample size bashers tonight. Miller's the guy they wanted over Wake. Let's see some equal opportunity work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'll say it once, I'll say it a thousand times. What the hell is going on in that Sox dugout that says Varitek must catch Miller, Salty must catch Wakefield. When the roles reversed, look what happened.....Tek gets 4 shutout innings from Tim and Salty got 2 excellent starts, including the Texas at Texas game out of Miller. Look what happens to Miller with Tek? Terrible, terrible, and terrible. How f-ing hard is it to change it up once in a while. Next Tuesday, put Tek behind the dish with Wakefield....How much he throws a goddarn gem and then let Salty catch Miller and watch the same thing happen....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]I'll say it once, I'll say it a thousand times. What the hell is going on in that Sox dugout that says Varitek must catch Miller, Salty must catch Wakefield. When the roles reversed, look what happened.....Tek gets 4 shutout innings from Tim and Salty got 2 excellent starts, including the Texas at Texas game out of Miller. Look what happens to Miller with Tek? Terrible, terrible, and terrible. How f-ing hard is it to change it up once in a while. Next Tuesday, put Tek behind the dish with Wakefield....How much he throws a goddarn gem and then let Salty catch Miller and watch the same thing happen....

danny - It's because poor Jason Varitek can't catch Tim Wakefield.  Don't you remember when they had to go get Doug Mirabelli with a private jet because they needed someone to catch him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ADG, don't you remember the very last outing Tim with Varitek. Jason called fastballs down the middle to fool Texas hitters who thought they would see only knuckleballs, then Tim threw some curves to boot--result---4 SHUTOUT INNINGS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox created the myth that Tek couldn't catch Wakefield, not Tek.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Equal opportnity, you say?

Miller went 5 innings and only gave up 5 runs and kept his team in the game thanks to magic fingers Varitek. Since Miller is in his 20's and Wastefield is in 80's, better to invest innings in Miller, Weiland, Doubrant, and any farm hand who is under 30 years old. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]ADG, don't you remember the very last outing Tim with Varitek. Jason called fastballs down the middle to fool Texas hitters who thought they would see only knuckleballs, then Tim threw some curves to boot--result---4 SHUTOUT INNINGS.

Yeah, I remember it. I remember it was garbage time and the score was either 10-0 or 11-0 at the time. And Albers pitched 2/3 of hitless ball tonight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Equal opportnity, you say? Miller went 5 innings and only gave up 5 runs and kept his team in the game thanks to magic fingers Varitek. Since Miller is in his 20's and Wastefield is in 80's, better to invest innings in Miller, Weiland, Doubrant, and any farm hand who is under 30 years old. 
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

Because that is important to the short term goal of winning the World Series?

The team is down 4 SPs right now.  Wakfield has very little career left.  But Miller has never really had one...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

No. Important to invest innings in young talent becuase if it has good days it will beat the better teams. Wastefield has no potential beyond smoke and mirrors and beating the lower tier teams or getting near double digit number run support.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

moon - Are these numbers good?

Tim Wakefield is 1-3 with a 5.83 ERA in his last nine starts. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Of course not, but cherry-picking small sample sizes proves nothing. Why not cherry-pick his last 9 IP? (4.00 ERA) Or why not blast Miller and Lackey equally? That's all I'm saying. 

No, 5.83 in not acceptable, but I try not to judge too severely over small sample sizes. Plus, ERA is not the only tool.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Of course not, but cherry-picking small sample sizes proves nothing. Why not cherry-pick his last 9 IP? (4.00 ERA) Or why not blast Miller and Lackey equally? That's all I'm saying.  No, 5.83 in not acceptable, but I try not to judge too severely over small sample sizes. Plus, ERA is not the only tool.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon - Don't get me started on either of those two guys. They both are awful, and given Lackey's contract, and the fact that his ERA is the worst in all of baseball for all qualifying starters, he shouldn't be in the rotation. His contract reminds me of the contract Seattle signed Carlos Silva to.

Miller should not be retained for next year. I think he has a $3M option. I would let him walk. He's pitched enough in the big leagues such that what the Red Sox, Marlins and Tigers have seen is what you are going to get.

Weiland is a tough kid and I'd like to see how he does on Saturday.

From the disappointment standpoint, Wakefield is the best of the three, but he's wearing down and can't be counted on.

I hope the Red Sox let him ride into the sunset. He won't break Clemens record next year given the number of wins he needs and what he has done from 2009 through 2011. He creates roster issues.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well, if you don't want lackey or Miller starting, Wake has to be given the ball even if you use Douby and Weiland:

Lester
    Weiland
    Doubront
    Wake
    Wally? (Gotta be Lackey or Miller)

Wake has let up these amounts of ERS in his last 8 games (reverse order)
    5, 0, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3 (about 47 IP)

Lackey:
    6, 4, 4, 3, 4, 3, 5, 3 (about 49 IP)

Miller (last 8 starts):
    5, 6, 0, 1, 3, 5, 0, 7 (about 38 IP)
    Remember all the clowns that wanted to limit our choices for starters this spring by releasing some of them? You never can have too much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

moon - Are these numbers good?

Tim Wakefield is 1-3 with a 5.83 ERA in his last nine starts.

Last 9 starts is not cherry picking. Moonslow cherry picks by listing Weiland's numbers from 2 MLB starts witout providing IP, one solid and the other an Oriole bean ball soap opera follow up game.