Hey Theo, Show The Red Sox How Grateful You Were: Alfonso Soriano for Carl Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaGolfer. Show TampaGolfer's posts

Re: Hey Theo, Show The Red Sox How Grateful You Were: Alfonso Soriano for Carl Crawford

Ok, here we go.  I live in Tampa and have watched Crawford play for a long time.  Did he S uck for us this year, well pretty much.  Do I think he will rebound in 2012, absolutely.

He has always hit for average, so you can't call him streaky.  He'll get SB's, but not as many hitting from the 7th hole.  Did he deserve to hit higher in the lineup, probably not, but he will next season.

My biggest challenge is that I have never seen him play so badly in the field.  He didn't win a gold glove because he can hit!  I think the Sox should consider moving him to RF.  It will give him room to roam and even with an average arm, he can learn how to play there and stay there for the next 6 yrs. 

He may live in infamy based on how poorly he played LF and literally ended the season on a ball everyone has seen him catch 100 times.  I will agree that he may have found Boston even more daunting than even he thought and as the season moved on, his poor performance was kind of overlooked because he was playing on the best team in baseball.

Unfortunately, when the internal explosion took place in Sept.  someone needed to step up and he didn't.  I expect him to be back to his regular numbers in 2012, which by the way, in no way justifies what he is being paid, so let's get that clear. 

But with all of this being said, I wouldn't want Soriano on my team ever!  He is a punk and even though he may hit a bunch of hrs. at home, he is still likely to hit .225! We don't need that.

I would much rather see Crawford in right and maybe go after Carlos Quentin or Jose Tabata.  Both have power, decent  arms and are not wing nuts! 

Just my thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Re: Hey Theo, Show The Red Sox How Grateful You Were: Alfonso Soriano for Carl Crawford

Great post Tampa.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaGolfer. Show TampaGolfer's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Theo, Show The Red Sox How Grateful You Were: Alfonso Soriano for Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE]Great post Tampa.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]
    Thanx, partner!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Are you joking? Soriano is awful.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Hey Theo, Show The Red Sox How Grateful You Were: Alfonso Soriano for Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE]Ok, here we go.  I live in Tampa and have watched Crawford play for a long time.  Did he S uck for us this year, well pretty much.  Do I think he will rebound in 2012, absolutely. He has always hit for average, so you can't call him streaky.  He'll get SB's, but not as many hitting from the 7th hole.  Did he deserve to hit higher in the lineup, probably not, but he will next season. My biggest challenge is that I have never seen him play so badly in the field.  He didn't win a gold glove because he can hit!  I think the Sox should consider moving him to RF.  It will give him room to roam and even with an average arm, he can learn how to play there and stay there for the next 6 yrs.  He may live in infamy based on how poorly he played LF and literally ended the season on a ball everyone has seen him catch 100 times.  I will agree that he may have found Boston even more daunting than even he thought and as the season moved on, his poor performance was kind of overlooked because he was playing on the best team in baseball. Unfortunately, when the internal explosion took place in Sept.  someone needed to step up and he didn't.  I expect him to be back to his regular numbers in 2012, which by the way, in no way justifies what he is being paid, so let's get that clear.  But with all of this being said, I wouldn't want Soriano on my team ever!  He is a punk and even though he may hit a bunch of hrs. at home, he is still likely to hit .225! We don't need that. I would much rather see Crawford in right and maybe go after Carlos Quentin or Jose Tabata.  Both have power, decent  arms and are not wing nuts!  Just my thoughts
    Posted by TampaGolfer[/QUOTE]

All reasonable thoughts T-Golf.  I disagree about moving him to right though.  Just doesn't have the necessary cannon.  to me, thats too much of a weakness to be made up for with his range.  I also find his fielding the worst of his 2011 horrors.  In Tampa, he was one of he best LFers i have seen.  And he looked like a AA punk out there last year.  Like a frightened lost bunny.  I gotta think that is mental.  IMO, it was hand in hand with his lack of aggression on the basepaths.  He was psychologically inverted last year.  But, i agree with you in thinking he will bust out of that dark place in 2012 and we will see Carl being Carl.  In a way, all the pressure is off him now.  Because everyone has basically chalked him up to wasted zillions and bottom of the order chumpiness.  Crawford may be many things, but bottom of the order chumpiness he is not.  History tells us so.  And, to boot, now that he has this first nigtmare year under the bright fenway lights out of the way, I expect him to begin asserting himself as a clubhouse voice.  he is part of the solution in that regard.  And, aslo in that regard, I am very happy to have another no-nonsense, stand-up guy and workhorse like Carl on the club after everything that has happened.  Carl will suprise many doubters next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

The first player I'd want from the Cubs is Starlin Castro.  Great range at shortstop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, here we go.  I live in Tampa and have watched Crawford play for a long time.  Did he S uck for us this year, well pretty much.  Do I think he will rebound in 2012, absolutely. He has always hit for average, so you can't call him streaky.  He'll get SB's, but not as many hitting from the 7th hole.  Did he deserve to hit higher in the lineup, probably not, but he will next season. My biggest challenge is that I have never seen him play so badly in the field.  He didn't win a gold glove because he can hit!  I think the Sox should consider moving him to RF.  It will give him room to roam and even with an average arm, he can learn how to play there and stay there for the next 6 yrs.  He may live in infamy based on how poorly he played LF and literally ended the season on a ball everyone has seen him catch 100 times.  I will agree that he may have found Boston even more daunting than even he thought and as the season moved on, his poor performance was kind of overlooked because he was playing on the best team in baseball. Unfortunately, when the internal explosion took place in Sept.  someone needed to step up and he didn't.  I expect him to be back to his regular numbers in 2012, which by the way, in no way justifies what he is being paid, so let's get that clear.  But with all of this being said, I wouldn't want Soriano on my team ever!  He is a punk and even though he may hit a bunch of hrs. at home, he is still likely to hit .225! We don't need that. I would much rather see Crawford in right and maybe go after Carlos Quentin or Jose Tabata.  Both have power, decent  arms and are not wing nuts!  Just my thoughts

Ya, very well said...

When Crazy Carl is right, he does literally everything well and is a top 10-15 player in the league...

Soriano for Crazy Carl is a joke...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I don't think Crawford has the arm to play right field.  Actually, it's below major league average....at best.  For this reason alone, he's best suited for Fenway's left field....if he has the ability to understand the wall.

Some people, although good ball players, are just not suited to play in pressure-filled Boston....see Rentoria and Lugo.  As you know I'm sure, there's a lot more pressure in Fenway compared to Tropicana.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Did Theo know ahead of time that Renteria and Lugo could not handle the pressure of playing in Boston?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Notin - one of the brightest and well-written posters continues to debate Law / OurMan as if Law  is the new kid on the block. If one knows the definition of a troll and Law fits that with a 10 on a scale of 1-10, then why take him seriously. Does Notin work for the Globe also?
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

You caught me.  It's true.  I admit it.  I cannot hide behind the lies anymore.

I really am one of the brightest and most glib.

It really does feel good to get that off my chest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

Notin, take Law out to the Union Oyster house tomorrow and convince him to deep-six the pathetic anti-Theo routine. It is really getting tiresome and ridiculous. Buy him a drink on me. The BDC forum will be much better without his charade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

He'll go away once the team starts winning.