Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback?

Ok, I know it's only May and the Red Sox are one game above .500 and three games out of first, but c'mon RS fans, whoop it up!  I've seen some whoop it up posts, but comeback wins are special and deserve their own thread.  Unfortunately, I had commitments earlier and didn't get to experience the comeback in real time, so I'm not the best candidate for waving the towel.  Still, someone had to do it.

Sure, it's only one win, but comeback victories like this reveal something about the character of a team.  I take it as another sign that things are on the right track.  Kind of reminds me of the Mother's Day comeback against the O's in 2007. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback?

Sheriff,

I was thinking the same thing about the come back ... great memories of a great season.  Is this the harbinger that we should follow all the way through to Red October?  I, like you, was elsewhere when the comeback came ... but was totally thilled. 

The wife glowered at me and said, "It's way too early for you to be that pumped up!.  Quiet down."  Of course, I reminded her that this was really my afternoon ... but it held no water.

It does seem that some folks can only post when things are going badly ... or turn a good thing into a twisted negative ....

"Yo, Adrian!"

I can't wait for that ... to say that ... IN Philly!  

Thanks for the thread, sir.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's the flip side of 2004. Too many baseball fans are now spoiled.
    Born into circles of playoff privlege and nose-in-the-air fan expectation.

When they were on the verge of getting the monkey off their back in '86, I had an instant wave of fear: "Geez. What the hell's left if we win?".

Now we know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In Response to Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback?:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I know it's only May and the Red Sox are one game above .500 and three games out of first, but c'mon RS fans, whoop it up!  I've seen some whoop it up posts, but comeback wins are special and deserve their own thread.  Unfortunately, I had commitments earlier and didn't get to experience the comeback in real time, so I'm not the best candidate for waving the towel.  Still, someone had to do it. Sure, it's only one win, but comeback victories like this reveal something about the character of a team.  I take it as another sign that things are on the right track.  Kind of reminds me of the Mother's Day comeback against the O's in 2007. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

OK, I feel obligated to check in as one of the ELATED. I was a bit aggravated at the Tito bashers and the naysayers who can't seem to handle anything on the downside.  Team slumps happen every year.  (just ask the Yankees)  Ours happened at the beginning. I was ELATED at the end of the weekend.  These guys have lots of potential, as was known (by most) from day one.  It should be a fun year.  As a Tito supporter, I've been enjoying things lately, and hope this class guy gets his reward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Nice to see this team pound their way back from the brink of defeat. Best comeback of the year so far. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

People love misery better.  It was a great comeback and my son went to bed thinking the Sox lost.  He had an ear to ear smile and loves him some AGON!  He has not had time to get jaded like many on this forum.  That was a great TEAM win!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback?:
    [QUOTE]People love misery better.  It was a great comeback and my son went to bed thinking the Sox lost.  He had an ear to ear smile and loves him some AGON!  He has not had time to get jaded like many on this forum.  That was a great TEAM win!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Don't let that fine young man anywhere near this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback? : Don't let that fine young man anywhere near this board.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

You are right, Niz.  When he sees me get upset at a loss, he says..."Dad, there's another game tomorrow."

His latest last night was..."I know you are trying to get us all to Fenway this summer.  Just one game would be great."

That kid is the best...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback? : You are right, Niz.  When he sees me get upset at a loss, he says..."Dad, there's another game tomorrow." His latest last night was..."I know you are trying to get us all to Fenway this summer.  Just one game would be great." That kid is the best...
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

He's a smart one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback?:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I know it's only May and the Red Sox are one game above .500 and three games out of first, but c'mon RS fans, whoop it up!  I've seen some whoop it up posts, but comeback wins are special and deserve their own thread.  Unfortunately, I had commitments earlier and didn't get to experience the comeback in real time, so I'm not the best candidate for waving the towel.  Still, someone had to do it. Sure, it's only one win, but comeback victories like this reveal something about the character of a team.  I take it as another sign that things are on the right track.  Kind of reminds me of the Mother's Day comeback against the O's in 2007. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

First thing I was thinking when they went down 5-0! I had forgotten, though, it was 2007.

Hmm ... sweep Yankees in the Bronx for the first time since '04 ... rally from big deficit against the O's like in '07 ... hmm ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback? : First thing I was thinking when they went down 5-0! I had forgotten, though, it was 2007. Hmm ... sweep Yankees in the Bronx for the first time since '04 ... rally from big deficit against the O's like in '07 ... hmm ...
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Beckett hotter than the suface of the sun...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

"Hey, where's the elation thread for the comeback?"

This is it.

Did we pass the Yankees in the standings yet?  Looks like they're going in the opposite direction.Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Great win for the boys last night!! Showing the character and ability to win tough games like I knew they would..Still have some concerns, but for now Ill celebrate!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]It's the flip side of 2004. Too many baseball fans are now spoiled. Born into circles of playoff privlege and nose-in-the-air fan expectation. When they were on the verge of getting the monkey off their back in '86, I had an instant wave of fear: "Geez. What the hell's left if we win?". Now we know.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Amen. My mother and aunts and uncles, all gone now, who never saw 2004, let alone 1986, would be thrilled to know that the Red Sox contend every year and that there is a team in Fenway Pahk that is worth rooting for.

These young 'uns are spoiled, harness, old friend. Truly.

Why, I remember when I had to walk a mile in the snow to go to school and...

Oops.

Never mind. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Didn't read all the posts yet but I was certainly elated.

I couldn't find the thread where someone talked about Papi hanging himself out to dry at 3B the other night but this is the stuff that should be reinforced til it sinks in like it obv has for Youk

' “Adrian’s not the most fleet-of-foot runner, but it knocked around the cage a little bit and gave him the time to go home,’’ Youkilis said. “So it was huge for us to try and get those two runs and get us close to back to even.’’

Youkilis did his part to try and help get Gonzalez across when he went for third, stopping three-quarters of the way to the bag in an attempt to induce a cutoff on the relay. He succeeded in doing so, then alertly hustled back to second, outracing second baseman Brian Roberts to slide safely into the bag.

“I wanted to make sure that there was no doubt that he was going to score,’’ Youkilis said. “That’s basically what that play is. You want a relay throw and if they don’t cut it off, then you’re at third base. So, we just want to make sure that run scores.’’ '

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Love that line ...

I blame Francona for this win.

:o)

And Mother Nature gave us an early break in 20 straight days of games ...

Enjoyed the convo, Jim and Niz ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To Summer: I caught UR post about Damon and the oil painting in the attic. That Dorian Gray analogy was terrific!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

I live in New Zealand, and checked online at lunchtime, and saw that the Sox were down 6-0 in the forth, and I started mumbling incoherently about the historically inconsistant Dicek.
    I was ecstatic to go online later, and watch the clutch hitting starting in the sixth, and culminating in the walkoff hit from Agon.
    This win showed the character in the team, and the clutch hitting with runners on base, that had been lacking when they have been behind late in games this season.
    Amazing what a sweep in the bronx does for your confidence!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Love that line ...   I blame Francona for this win.   :o)   And Mother Nature gave us an early break in 20 straight days of games ...   Enjoyed the convo, Jim and Niz ...
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Hey Yaz:
    My kids surprise me everyday.  They have the proper perspective...at least for now.Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

>jimdavis
    First: 12/6/2007
    Last: 5/18/2011
    Love that line ...   I blame Francona for this win.   :o)   And Mother Nature gave us an early break in 20 straight days of games ...   Enjoyed the convo, Jim and Niz ...
    Posted by SinceYaz

Hey Yaz:
    My kids surprise me everyday.  They have the proper perspective...at least for now.Smile

That's terrific to hear, Jim.  I can almost feel your pride.  It is very good place to be!  If you've got them set up well now, there's this old wisdom that says they will always radiate back to it, almost no matter what lies ahead! 

And being Red Six fans adds a delicious layer to that outlook!

:o)

I'm off to see Thor with my beloved (she of amazing resilience, since September 1975 and my younger son (still willing to share a movie with us at almost 27!)

May it always be well with you all!!!