Heyman On Gresh & Zo: Red Sox Will Make Aggressive Offseason Run At Giancarlo Stanton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Heyman On Gresh & Zo: Red Sox Will Make Aggressive Offseason Run At Giancarlo Stanton

File this under, For what it's worth: 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/05/heyman-on-gresh-zo-red-sox-will-make-aggressive-offseason-run-at-giancarlo-stanton/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Heyman On Gresh & Zo: Red Sox Will Make Aggressive Offseason Run At Giancarlo Stanton

Owens,  Brooks, Jackie, and Treyball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Heyman On Gresh & Zo: Red Sox Will Make Aggressive Offseason Run At Giancarlo Stanton

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not so much if, but when the Marlins trade Stanton I don't believe there is now a team in baseball who can offer more than the Red Sox for him.  It still comes down to a teams needs but our history with the Marlins from a trade standpoint is pretty good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I didn't see any rationale in the article.

The way I see it, our 2015 outfield is=

• Cespedes
    • JBJ
    • Vic
    • Craig
    • Nava

They would need to trade two of those guys.  Two of them we just traded for.  The other two guys are the two that bring gloves.

For 2016, we lose Vic, Napoli and maybe Cespedes, then we could put Craig at 1st and Stanton in RF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I hope this is for real, & not the old bait & switch!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Owens - AAA PawSox pitcher

Brooks - Middlebrooks

Jackie - Bradley Jr.

Treyball - senior moment ??????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• Cespedes
    • JBJ
    • Vic
    • Craig
    • Nava

They would need to trade two of those guys.  Two of them we just traded for.  The other two guys are the two that bring gloves.

For 2016, we lose Vic, Napoli and maybe Cespedes, then we could put Craig at 1st and Stanton in RF.

[/QUOTE]

Joe I agree Stanton won't be cheap but JBJ "like Middy" may be a tough sell unless he starts to improve his plate discipline and it just doesn't look like he has much power potential either.  I think we would give up Ces in a Stanton package with no hesitation if the Marlins wanted to get some pop back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

• Cespedes

• JBJ

• Vic

• Craig

• Nava

Only if Vic and Craig can co-ordinate their time on the DL. That might be funny, if it wasn't true. Actually, it's sad. I say go all out for Stanton. However, if the SOX want to remain in last place, than definitely stick with that OF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

File this under, For what it's worth: 

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/05/heyman-on-gresh-zo-red-sox-will-make-aggressive-offseason-run-at-giancarlo-stanton/" rel="nofollow">http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/05/heyman-on-gresh-zo-red-sox-will-make-aggressive-offseason-run-at-giancarlo-stanton/

[/QUOTE]

File "for what it's worth" under BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It just makes too much sense not to happen.

We have what they want and need: plenty of cheap young talent.

They have what we have: an impact player young enough to extend to mega years.

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Now Bogie, I like Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing.  But, but we can't pay Stanton. We ain't go no money honey

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Marlins will ask at least 3 top prospects for Stanton and Betts, Owens, Swihart should be Marlins targets.  Betts already with the big league team and Owens and Swihart are about a year away at max to join the club.  IF Marlins were to trade Stanton this off-season, they will want to replace some of Stanton's power, which Middy can do if he find his form back, and elite young talents who can contribute as quickly as possible.  Owens and Swihart could be their 2015 early call ups.  Marlins will be a contender going into 2015 season with Jose Fernandez coming back and Stanton will be much tougher to land during the off-season unless Marlins absolutely confident what they get in return for Stanton is ready to contribute on a contending team.  I can hardly see Stanton trade this off-season but before the deadline with Marlins falling out could trigger something.  And I think Ben would be reluctant to give up Swihart more than anybody else.  I think he could even include Bogey in the package if it means reducing cost for Stanton.  

JBJ, Middy, Betts, Owens, Vazquez, and Ranaudo for Stanton, Cishek, and probably we bring back Salty and take on his entire salary.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Or maybe to trade Boggie along with Middy and a pitcher prospect.  Then Boston can trade Cespedes for a young good SS like Tulo of Colorado.  

Something like that!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Or maybe to trade Boggie along with Middy and a pitcher prospect.  Then Boston can trade Cespedes for a young good SS like Tulo of Colorado.  

Something like that!!

[/QUOTE]

lets keep Cespesdes and get Stanton - unlike you like the current hapless hitting configuration that is the current outfield

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Cespedes is not going to be traded. They would want Stanton to be teamed with Cespedes and Ortiz. The team needs both of them, with one you could pitch around him and you have the same dilemma you would have if you pitched around Ortiz. With these two guys in your lineup you could keep Jackie Bradley in your order and sacrifice hitting for some defense. Without these two in your lineup, JBJ sticks out like a sore thumb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

• Cespedes
    • JBJ
    • Vic
    • Craig
    • Nava

[/QUOTE]

Shane Injurino?  Please remove him from your list so I can continue reading your post.  Thank you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this is what it will take...

1 of marrero / cecchini
    1 of swihart / vazquez

1 of betts / bogaerts

2 of Owens / Ranauldo / RDLR / Webster / Barnes

do you do this deal?

other names i have posted under:  none

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Some views from the other side:

http://www.marlinsbaseball.com/topic/71267-heyman-red-sox-going-after-stanton-hard-this-offseason/" rel="nofollow">http://www.marlinsbaseball.com/topic/71267-heyman-red-sox-going-after-stanton-hard-this-offseason/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Something like that!!

[/QUOTE]

lets keep Cespesdes and get Stanton - unlike you like the current hapless hitting configuration that is the current outfield

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why would the Marlins want Cespedes anyway?  He is probably going to command more than they're willing to pay after next year anyway.  He is hardly young and cost-controlled. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Something like that!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why would the Marlins want Cespedes anyway?  He is probably going to command more than they're willing to pay after next year anyway.  He is hardly young and cost-controlled. 

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, if they can pay Cespedes, they could afford a few extra million a year and pay Stanton.  The whole basis of Stanton being available is behind the ideal that Miami doesn't dish out money and Cespeds is a free agent after next year....at least Stanton has 3 more years of arb. left

You could make the argument that Cespedes for Stanton represents negative value for the Marlins, as they would be taken an inferior player who is 2 years closer to free agency. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

all true but the Y would be the cuban factor

I could C marlins wanting to bring back a name player especially a cuban named player

not as a main piece but as part of the deal 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

all true but the Y would be the cuban factor

I could C marlins wanting to bring back a name player especially a cuban named player

not as a main piece but as part of the deal 

And they cant Offer QO for him, so they don't even have a chance for a Draft Pick. Its a lose lose situation for the Marlins, especially the way they view contracts. You absolutely have to start thinking about QO's and Draft Picks on trades, nowadays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

I'm all in on Stanton, though. There is no one untouchable in the farm to get this guy, and many on the Major League roster, including Bogaerts. I love Bogaerts, could be a another Hanley move, but Stanton improves the Sox immediately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

I can’t help but laugh at the notion that people think the sox will try to trade cespedes to marlins in a deal for stanton. The idea is just downright moronic and makes no sense. The only reason the marlins would even consider dealing stanton is the fact the his salary is about to jump significantly higher and they have a history of not handing out big contracts. Cespedes is a free agent after next season and depending on how he does during the time leading up to then, his next contract could be fairly sizeable. So why would the marlins not pay stanton only to hand out a big  contract to cespedes? And from the sox side of things, why would they trade cespedes + prospects for stanton? They would just be negate the impact of stantons bat by losing cespedes’. I don’t doubt the sox will make a big run at stanton in the offseason and they certainly have more than enough prospects to do it. But the intention should and likely will be to pair stanton and cespedes in the middle of the order. Ortiz will be 39 next year and his average has already taken a massive dip this year. If I’m the sox, I would get stanton to hit 3rd, cespedes in the 4 and ortiz in the 5. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

3rd team could be involved for Cespedes.  A team willing to extend Cespedes but not enough farm to land Stanton could be partnered and 3 team deal could a possibility.  I'm not saying it's going to happen but it can be an option.  Say Sox ship out Cespedes to the 3rd team and get their top prospect in return and then flip him to the Marlins with our package for Stanton.  Rangers could be an example.  Rangers are looking to move Rios and they will have an OF spot to fill when Rios is shipped out.  Cespedes and Webster to the Rangers for Jorge Alfaro (#33 prospects and #3 catcher) and Michael Choice and then flip them with Owens, Betts to the Marlins for Stanton.  

Rangers get Cespedes and Webster from the Sox (Rangers extend Cespedes)

Sox get Alfaro and Choice from the Rangers 

Marlins get Alfaro, Choice, Owens, Betts, and Ranaudo or Barnes from the Sox

Sox get Stanton from the Marlins