Highway Robbery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Highway Robbery

Edwin Escobar AND Heath Hembree for Peavy?

I would have taken either one alone and been happy with it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Highway Robbery

i agree 100%

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I don't understand how they got both those guys.  Any team would have happily taken just Escobar.  This is just speculation, but it seems highly plausible that another team was in play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Baseball America had Escobar second in its rankings and Hembree 7th

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    The 2 prospects obtained from the Giants for Peavy are ranked in the top 10 in the SF system. Surprisingly good return,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

i agree 100%

I think the SOX should just give the Giants Doubront as a thank you gift. Of course, they'll probably refuse it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...where are all the posters who thought Peavy was worthless?

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

It's bonkers. Seriously, if this is the market can we get Dylan bundy for Lester? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

..where are all the posters who thought Peavy was worthless?

Sox4ever

It was a nice haul for Peavy even though Escobar has really struggled this season after the Giants thinking he may push one of their starters out of the rotation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Coupled with Lester's statement that he'd be open to re-signing in the offseason even if he's traded, is there any way you don't make him available now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Coupled with Lester's statement that he'd be open to re-signing in the offseason even if he's traded, is there any way you don't make him available now?

QUOTE:

I think the Sox and Jon both want to re-sign.  Grabbing a "Peavy" kind of haul or better for Jon now from a contender would be a great move "IF" the Sox actually offer Jon his worth and bring him back.  If not we are still just collecting prospects who may or may not work out which doesn't improve our club anytime soon.  We still need to make a big move using some of these prospects if we want this team to rebound quickly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Sox4ever

Their computers are down, and they are outside doing some manual labor.  A nice long afternoon of moving the goal posts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Edwin Escobar AND Heath Hembree for Peavy?

I would have taken either one alone and been happy with it...

[object HTMLDivElement]

I was afraid you meant the other way about.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I don't understand how they got both those guys. 

Ben's incompetent. THat's how.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

softy would be claiming Ben got lucky at SF's GM's incompetence.

(Like he blamed the SD GM for not demanding Ellsbury and Lowrie for AGon)

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Sox4ever

Their computers are down, and they are outside doing some manual labor.  A nice long afternoon of moving the goal posts.

Wish Peavy do well, but in another uniform... In Boston he was the incarnation of bad luck... The angst in his face unforgettable...the good deal by his departure looks like a fine omen of things to come...lol... If you watch Capuano hurling for the mighty Yanks you would say, as Cole Porter did, that Anything Goes...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A nice long afternoon of moving the goal posts.

Some of these guys own goal posts made of Balsa Wood.

Sox4ever

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Sox4ever

Wish Peavy do well, but in another uniform... In Boston he was the incarnation of bad luck... The angst in his face unforgettable...the good deal by his departure looks like a fine omen of things to come...lol... If you watch Capuano hurling for the mighty Yanks you would say, as Cole Porter did, that Anything Goes...

yes I've been having confusing feelings watching the Yankees game today,  I found myself rooting for Capuano pitching a good game then I realized I was rooting for a Yankee.  I feel dirty all of a sudden.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

It's bonkers. Seriously, if this is the market can we get Dylan bundy for Lester? 

Any relation to AL?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I agree; that's why Larry is running the show.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

‏@PeteAbe
    The 2 prospects obtained from the Giants for Peavy are ranked in the top 10 in the SF system. Surprisingly good return,

I admit that I know nothing about how good the SF Giants farm system is. Being ranked #2 and 7 has to be taken in context; if the farm system is ranked lower third, especially if its ranked near the bottom in pitching (and I don't know that it is or isn't) that would likely mean that those pitchers stink. Its all a matter of context. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

‏@PeteAbe

I admit that I know nothing about how good the SF Giants farm system is. Being ranked #2 and 7 has to be taken in context; if the farm system is ranked lower third, especially if its ranked near the bottom in pitching (and I don't know that it is or isn't) that would likely mean that those pitchers stink. Its all a matter of context. 

Well, most of us already knew that Peavy stunk, so what do the SOX have to lose?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

‏@PeteAbe

Well, most of us already knew that Peavy stunk, so what do the SOX have to lose?

He was certainly not in the plans for next year. Hopefully what we got was the most we could have received for him. Now its time to dump the rest of the losers on this team: Gomes, Badenhop, Mujica, Carp...etc etc. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

I agree; that's why Larry is running the show.

And you know this ... how???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sections
Shortcuts