Hill: Make your Trade and FA Contract Offer for Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Hill: Make your Trade and FA Contract Offer for Ellsbury

In response to softlaw2's comment:

With AGon gone and Ortiz is serious decline, there is zero chance Ellsbury does anything remotely close to 2011 numbers. It was more about others than it was about him. A superstar does it with anyone and anywhere. Ellsbury is what his career median averages say he is.

As for 5 years and 100 million, I wonder if Hill would be willing to pay that for Ellsbury in his thirties. I seriously doubt it, but await his esteemed commentary and scientific analysis.

Exactly!!! Because EVERYONE KNOWS that Big Papi and Agone gave Ellsbury a LOT of protection in the lineup. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

With AGon gone and Ortiz is serious decline, there is zero chance Ellsbury does anything remotely close to 2011 numbers. It was more about others than it was about him. A superstar does it with anyone and anywhere. Ellsbury is what his career median averages say he is.

As for 5 years and 100 million, I wonder if Hill would be willing to pay that for Ellsbury in his thirties. I seriously doubt it, but await his esteemed commentary and scientific analysis.

Exactly!!! Because EVERYONE KNOWS that Big Papi and Agone gave Ellsbury a LOT of protection in the lineup. 

if anything, Ellsbury is the reason Pedey and Agon had such good numbers in 2011.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

if anything, Ellsbury is the reason Pedey and Agon had such good numbers in 2011.

False, take a look at the careers of AGon and Ortiz, and what they do in virtually every season. I understand you love Ellsbury and are going to cry when he leaves in a few months, but your bias is towards a grossly inferior player and career than those who were truly responsible for what Ellsbury did on the 2011 greatest collapse in MLB season history team.

i fail to see how Papi, A-gon and Pedey added to Jacobys RBIs, HRs, and hit total. The only thing they contributed to was his Runs scored... if anything he is the reason they had so many RBIs. Hell, his presence on the basepaths made sure they saw a steady stream of FBs to munch on.

yes, the best player on the team in 2011 is the sole reason why they collapsed... why couldn't jacoby have just stolen home in the last game of the season!?!?! damn you jacooobbyyyyyy!!!!

why not blame someone who didn't pull their weight that month?? weiland, Bard, Paps, salty, wake??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Ellsbury didnt hire Scott Boras to give anyone a hometown discount

In fact, if the highest offer is from the Red Sox and is only 5% more than what the Mariners are willing to offer, I think he would remind Boras who the client is and the conflict of interest in recommending he take offers that pay Boras a higher commission for doing what the player should be smart enough to do himself.

Why would Ellsbury take a 5 percent pay cut to play in Seattle? He has only known Boston and good friends with Pedroia. He would probably stay if Seattle was only 5 percent more.

Plus he's from Oregon, not Washington.

And Jacoby Ellsbury reportedly now lives in Arizona, where he spent a year or two of his childhood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Ellsbury didnt hire Scott Boras to give anyone a hometown discount

In fact, if the highest offer is from the Red Sox and is only 5% more than what the Mariners are willing to offer, I think he would remind Boras who the client is and the conflict of interest in recommending he take offers that pay Boras a higher commission for doing what the player should be smart enough to do himself.

Why would Ellsbury take a 5 percent pay cut to play in Seattle? He has only known Boston and good friends with Pedroia. He would probably stay if Seattle was only 5 percent more.

Plus he's from Oregon, not Washington.

Softlaw thought Oregon was the capital of Washington.

I was closer thinking that Oregon was a suburb of Washington.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

False, take a look at the careers of AGon and Ortiz, and what they do in virtually every season. I understand you love Ellsbury and are going to cry when he leaves in a few months, but your bias is towards a grossly inferior player and career than those who were truly responsible for what Ellsbury did on the 2011 greatest collapse in MLB season history team.

Explain how a cleanup hitter is responsible for a leadoff hitter's 32 HRs and 39 SBs, and .321.  Buatista was the best hitter in the league that year, and their #1 slot produced a .710 OPS.  Miggy was #2, and Detroits #1 slot produced a .680.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

As an Oregon resident, and Oregon st. / U of O fan, I can tell you that Stiffy is whacked to think Ells has some proximate link to the Mariners.  It's pure speculation.   More accurately, he pulled it out of his ______  (pack pocket area.).  Ells has ZERO ties to Seattle, Washington State, or Idaho for that matter.  I do think Ells has ties to the Colorado Rockies, as he likes very big hills.  His strongest ties are to the indians & the braves.  Duh!  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This from the clown who has cried that we need a new "Manny" and that not having one is the reason Papi never hits clutch HRs anymore.

Softy wants to continue blaming 2011 on 3 people:

1) Ellsbury (our best player that year, except for maybe Beckett)

2) Our 6th starter (Wake)

3) Our back-up catcher (VTek)

Will the absurdity never cease?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

i fail to see how Papi, A-gon and Pedey added to Jacobys RBIs, HRs, and hit total. The only thing they contributed to was his Runs scored... if anything he is the reason they had so many RBIs. Hell, his presence on the basepaths made sure they saw a steady stream of FBs to munch on.

yes, the best player on the team in 2011 is the sole reason why they collapsed... why couldn't jacoby have just stolen home in the last game of the season!?!?! damn you jacooobbyyyyyy!!!!

why not blame someone who didn't pull their weight that month?? weiland, Bard, Paps, salty, wake??

My recollection is that Ellsbury was the best player on the team in September, 2011, and probably the best player in BB in September with 8 HRs and a .358.  And I think with more HRs and RBIs than Papi and Gonzo combined.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I was closer thinking that Oregon was a suburb of Washington

Seattle is a little closer to his multi-ethnic family in Oregon, than Boston. Joe thought that Oregon was a suburb of the Peoples Republics of New England.

AZ requires a long coast to coast flight. You drones are right, why would he want to play on the left coast, when he could stay in the utopian paradise of New England.

No doubt, Ellsbury will be leaving Boston, soon. And if the money is equal, he'll have to fight that desperate urge to stay and play in front of all the Red Sox fans who have lauded him as the next Ted Williams, or Ichiro, or Damon. He's way ahead of the pace needed to reach those players, once he passes Erstad et al.

No team accumulates more travel miles each season than the Seattle Mariners ... the travel is one factor that deters free agents from signing with the Mariners.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

Seattle is a little closer to his multi-ethnic family in Oregon, than Boston. Joe thought that Oregon was a suburb of the Peoples Republics of New England.

AZ requires a long coast to coast flight. You drones are right, why would he want to play on the left coast, when he could stay in the utopian paradise of New England.

No doubt, Ellsbury will be leaving Boston, soon. And if the money is equal, he'll have to fight that desperate urge to stay and play in front of all the Red Sox fans who have lauded him as the next Ted Williams, or Ichiro, or Damon. He's way ahead of the pace needed to reach those players, once he passes Erstad et al.

What?  More race baiting & racial demagoguery from Stiffy???  Say it ain't so.

Now BDC can ban me again for pointing it out.  BDC has this perverse love affair with Stiffy, and not only protects him, but actually promotes his vile racist jabs????

When you ban this BDC, at least have the guts to post why!  & take out an ad on this page promoting the views you share with Stiffy.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Now BDC can ban me again for pointing it out.  BDC has this perverse love affair with Stiffy, and not only protects him, but actually promotes his vile racist jabs????

When you ban this BDC, at least have the guts to post why!  & take out an ad on this page promoting the views you share with Stiffy.

This Oregon resident found your earlier post racially offensive.

Do you realize that the Oregonian, the statewide newspaper, refuses to publish the nicknames of the Cleveland and Atlanta baseball teams?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Very disappointing.

I make a joke about me thinking Oregon was a suburb of Washington, and your comeback joke is to suggest I think Oregon is a suburb of NE?

When you posted that, did you really think it was original and/or clever?

And unless JBJ tanks badly, the RS won't offer him anything close to a competitive salary.  If JBJ continues his development, it makes absolutely -0- sense to re-sign Ells, forgo a draft pick, and keep JBJ in the minors.  Stop the dreaming.  He's gone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Do you realize that the Oregonian, the statewide newspaper, refuses to publish the nicknames of the Cleveland and Atlanta baseball teams?

Are they consistent enough to not publish the nickname of my ancestors, the Celtics?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Hill has provided the answer to one part of my question, and I agree. A one year deal for middle single digits is as far as I would go with this aging prima donna Boston cult hero.

Does that mean Jacoby Ellsbury does not deserve a qualifying offer of about $14 million?

My past suggestion of that possibility has been met with incredulous responses on this forum.

The Red Sox and the Mariners don't match up well for a trade of Jacoby Ellsbury. My proposed offer of one year and an option of Franklin Gutierrez and four years of Mike Carp won't cut it.

The Mariners are hoarding their prospects as much as the Red Sox are hoarding their prospects.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to RSdirtdogOR's comment:

Do you realize that the Oregonian, the statewide newspaper, refuses to publish the nicknames of the Cleveland and Atlanta baseball teams?

You do realize I was mocking Stiffy's ability to draw rediculously nebulous links???

Right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Do you realize that the Oregonian, the statewide newspaper, refuses to publish the nicknames of the Cleveland and Atlanta baseball teams?

Are they consistent enough to not publish the nickname of my ancestors, the Celtics?

The Oregonian in fact uses the Celtics nickname for Boston's NBA team (I'll be seeing the Celtics this Sunday in Portland).

Are you offended by the inconsistency?

The Oregonian policy has been around for 21 years:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonianeditors/2012/02/the_oregonian_introduced_nickn.html