[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:

If he thinks Middlebrooks needs more time in AAA. Then Hill needs more time in AA and not the minors i'm talking about.

I'm laughing as well because, for what it's worth, I'm a non-drinker.

My exact words were: "I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket."

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/middlebrooks/100/6460139

I hope Will Middlebrooks performs well and never sees Pawtucket.

[/QUOTE]

1-Reading is not fundamental to Softlaw.

2-I can find mistakes in judgement for anyone that ever posted an opinion.  If Softy can only point to one opinion, however badly he mis-read it, out of the universe of your opinions, then you are having a phenominal year.

3-I recollect Softie saying Cameron should start and Ellsbury should be on the bench during his historic 9.0 year.

4-I remember Softy saturating this site with his Hanley mancrush, saying we had to trade the farm for someone without a position with a questionable attitude.

5-I remember him advocating for Cameron, as I did.  Cam was for ages 37-38, but apparently, Napoli and Vic are too old at ages 32-34.

[/QUOTE]

I remember softy arguing that Cam was better than Ells in CF even vs RHPs. He most certainly wanted Ells sitting on the bench, and even called him the "4th OF'er".

His lies are getting bigger and more common as his streak of wrong positions is nearing 400 straight.

[/QUOTE]

I clearly remember him saying this.

[/QUOTE]

Everyone can remember it, but him.  The reason why people make the same mistakes over and over, is because they refuse to admit their previous mistakes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Hill's Crystal Ball: Middlebrooks to need more time in AAA in 2013

.473/.840 in a small sample size.

He doesn't seem to be slowing down after hitting the ground running.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

3-I recollect Softie saying Cameron should start and Ellsbury should be on the bench during his historic 9.0 year.

Reading is not fundamental to Joey. I said that Cameron should not sit on the bench and that Ellsbury and Cameron and Drew should platoon, not "Ellsbury should sit on the bench during his non-historic year during the greatest collapse in MLB season history".

4-I remember Softy saturating this site with his Hanley mancrush, saying we had to trade the farm for someone without a position with a questionable attitude.

I said, in 2010, that the Red Sox should acquire Hanley "not for the farm as you prevaricate", but for Ellspuff and Lowrie and 2 other blocked prospects. I remember you claiming that the Marlins would never trade him because he was such a great bargain for the Marlins. I remember you singing the praises of Lowrie and Ellsbury and how they were the foundation of the Red Sox future.

5-I remember him advocating for Cameron, as I did.  Cam was for ages 37-38, but apparently, Napoli and Vic are too old at ages 32-34

. Not that you care about such matters since you were a cheerleader for Crawford and 142M and Jenks and 12M. Inesptein never had a clue how to use OF'ers and what their value and fit was. Cherry doesn't, either.

In that "historic season during the greatest collapse in MLB season history", the Red Sox management was too stupid not to sell high on fools gold. You were part of the cheerleaders to keep the "game changer" and "historic season player".

Wow, you avoided that one like a pro...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The Sox should keep both and wait to see if both pan out, one can move to 1B or get traded after they both prove themselves.

I think Bogaerts will end up at 1B, unless the Wil-da-beast doesn't pan out.

LF, I hope.  They should start the conversion now.  Enough with this pipedreaming that he is a SS.  Get him experience at a position where he will actually play.

Although, Im curious to know what kind of pitcher a Middlebrooks centered package will return (I think Boegarts best positions is 3B; however, I am considering 3B blocked at this time)

He didnt do too well there in the WBC. Not sure if he has the footwrok for an IF'er...LF seems more practical for his bats and lack of good footwork.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hill's Crystal Ball may end up being right, and softy bashing him for it, may end up with more egg on his egg head.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hill's Crystal Ball may end up being right, and softy bashing him for it, may end up with more egg on his egg head.

Maybe. I knew WMB negatives and figured If he just concentrated on making contact, he would be fine. His attitude of trying to hit the ball over the fence every time is very telling. Jim Rice hit almost 400 HR by trying to make solid contact and taking what they give you. Hes trying to pull everythig to go deep. If he keeps doing that, he wont be here very long. MLB pitchers will keep tossing offspeed junk and staying away from him. He HAS to adjust and be happy with making good contact. Forget TRYING to go deep. He'll get his share of HR if hes smart about it. With his latest comments, I dont have as much faith as I once did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

My exact words in December were: "I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket."

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/middlebrooks/100/6460139

I hope Will Middlebrooks works things out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

My exact words in December were: "I hope Middlebrooks performs well in 2013, but I would not be surprised if he spends some time in Pawtucket."

I hope Will Middlebrooks works things out.

Hill, I accidently brought thisd thread to the front page. I had 2 windows open, and one was some old threads I was researching to find some classic softy quotes. I went to post about Papi, and accidently did it on this thread not the Papi thread.

I do think it is interesting to note how much you were villified for even suggesting that WMB may not be fully ML ready.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Really? Why not drag up softlaw thread on Elles?  He nailed that one on the nose!

You mean the one where he said he'd be hurt this year?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The OP is justified, but I really liked Middlebrooks' effort and grab on that pop foul last night.  I would hate to lose him or Ross, but that collision is one indicator of how much these guys want to win. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Hill, I accidently brought thisd thread to the front page. I had 2 windows open, and one was some old threads I was researching to find some classic softy quotes. I went to post about Papi, and accidently did it on this thread not the Papi thread.

I do think it is interesting to note how much you were villified for even suggesting that WMB may not be fully ML ready.

You know what they say about a blind squirrel ...

Like any forecaster, I make observations that later appear to be anything from astute to asinine.

A great book about forecasting is The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail -- But Some Don't by Nate Silver, who accurately forecast the results of the last two presidential elections after developing the PECOTA system for Baseball Prospectus more than a decade ago.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/159420411X

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You know what they say about a blind squirrel ...

Like any forecaster, I make observations that later appear to be anything from astute to asinine.

A great book about forecasting is The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail -- But Some Don't by Nate Silver, who accurately forecast the results of the last two presidential elections after developing the PECOTA system for Baseball Prospectus more than a decade ago.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/159420411X

I've always respected you, Hill, and unlike many here, I enjoy getting an outsider's view. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I want to know where I can get one of those crystal balls.  By the way, what was ADG's position on the question at the time?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was bashed for mentioning trading Middlebrooks as one of many suggestions before last year. notin was bashed for mentioning trading Middlebrooks and others for Justin Upton this past winter. Hill was bashed for just mentiuoning that Middlebrooks might possibly need more time in AAA at some point this year.

Now, more and more people are jumping ship.

Sox4ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hill's Crystal Ball: Middlebrooks to need more time in AAA in 2013

He continues to show amazing insight, as he did when he said the Padres could afford to keep AGon and Figgins was going to help the Mariners even if the market made his contract an overpay.

Folks, this guy is not a Red Sox fan but he comes here to provide free insights to help Red Sox fans. He loves the Mariners who he said are young and on the rise at season end. Because of fans like Hill, the Mariners are one of the best run and most efficient MLB winning machines in all of baseball. They are a tiny market team that regularly outperforms the middle and big marke teams.

When this guy posts, be sure to read these amazing insights.

If he thinks Middlebrooks needs more time in AAA. Then Hill needs more time in AA and not the minors i'm talking about.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but Middlebrooks looks awful out there most of the time anymore. I say send him down til he gets it figured out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

says the dolt who wanted us to sign guthrie and a broken grady sizemore (not to mention a slew of other players who have no business being on a MLB roster). also the J Upton pipe dream.

the day you have an intelligent thought will be your first.

He also wanted Nick Johnson, then claimed he was the "leader in advocating for Beltre".

Since he offered junk as his plan 1 and 2 for 1B, his only realistic plan was a Loney/Gomez platoon.

His plan to improve our rotation last year was to offer 4 guys $1M/1Yr deal. They all signed for $3M or more. Then, to save face, he claimed a 5.00 starter ERA was not a problem. He further proved he still believes that by saying Guthrie at $5M x 2 was the solution.

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, while I think he copied my idea on Beltre, he was in pretty early on Beltre, and understood the hidden advantages.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:

[QUOTE]

says the dolt who wanted us to sign guthrie and a broken grady sizemore (not to mention a slew of other players who have no business being on a MLB roster). also the J Upton pipe dream.

the day you have an intelligent thought will be your first.

He also wanted Nick Johnson, then claimed he was the "leader in advocating for Beltre".

Since he offered junk as his plan 1 and 2 for 1B, his only realistic plan was a Loney/Gomez platoon.

His plan to improve our rotation last year was to offer 4 guys $1M/1Yr deal. They all signed for $3M or more. Then, to save face, he claimed a 5.00 starter ERA was not a problem. He further proved he still believes that by saying Guthrie at $5M x 2 was the solution.

[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, while I think he copied my idea on Beltre, he was in pretty early on Beltre, and understood the hidden advantages.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he was in on Beltre, but he was not the "leader" as he claimed, and his first choice was Nick Johnson. softy and I got in a big argument over Youkilis playing 1B (my idea) or 3B (his idea), as I claimed Youk was getting fragile and 1B was easier to play than 3B. softy disagreed.

He was even pretty close (for once) on what cost Beltre would be for a 1 year deal.

softy has usually been about a decade behind of projecting FA cost.