Hip, Hip ... Uh Oh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Hip, Hip ... Uh Oh

Headline: Yankees' Jacoby Ellsbury hurts hip, pulled from game vs. Mariners

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2014/06/yankees_jacoby_ellsbury_pulled_from_game_vs_mariners.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guru_Meditation. Show Guru_Meditation's posts

Re: Hip, Hip ... Uh Oh

See you in 2015.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

"the hip bones connected to the......"

where was beltre?  does he have an alibi?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

"Ellsbury slammed hard against the center field wall in the fifth inning. He made a leaping grab on James Jones' long fly for the inning's last out.

Ellsbury hurt the hip Sunday while rounding first base against the Royals in Kansas City. The injury would have held him out of Monday's lineup if not for a rainout."

This is why I didn't like ellsbury.  He seemed to take too many "precautions".  Damon was constantly crashing into walls, playing hurt and leaving everything out on the field.

Ellsbury either doesn't have the same tolerance for pain or is more concerned about adding years to his career than he is giving it is all for the team.

I can't even imagine him doing something like what schill did to win a game.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He got hurt by playing hard, he robbed Cano from a HR. Great Catch. Did anyone see the 425 foot HR he hit. He blasted it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Kind of sad that we have to have our " advance scouts " out there monitoring the Yankee games and hoping, hoping, hoping, hoping that Ellsbury gets hurt. But it is necessary to deflect from the Sox front office hibernation of this past winter.

Stabbed by Foulke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Amazing the sour grapes on Ellsbury, who produces and produces and produces, and runs into walls to catch balls. This is pathetic. Ellsbury in the Sox OF would be a HUGE, GIANT GRADE UP of what they have. Tolerance of pain? I think JD Drew established the low threshold on that with his famous pinky sprain that kept him out a week. If Drew got up on the wrong side of the bed, he'd pull himself out of the lineup. Ellsbury plays hard, and plays harder and he gets hurt, and so did Fred Lynn. I'll take both those guys every day and Sunday on my team over the Punchless Sox OF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kind of sad that we have to have our " advance scouts " out there monitoring the Yankee games and hoping, hoping, hoping, hoping that Ellsbury gets hurt. But it is necessary to deflect from the Sox front office hibernation of this past winter.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

So true. Everyone, please direct your hate where it belongs---the SOX FO. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Gale, I dont think anyone is "hoping" Ellsbury gets hurt, as much as just having a little fun with monitoring how he's done since going to the NYY. That said, I doubt there will be any tears, if and when, he does.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

So true. Everyone, please direct your hate where it belongs---the SOX FO. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    They want to keep believing that Ben did the right thing, the smart thing. Maybe they are right. If a good night's sleep is healthful, a long winter's nap must be great. Now, Ben is awake, alert and well rested. And wondering what he can do , besides signing Andres Torres , to help right the ship. Stay tuned. And to all of our volunteers out there scouting the Yankees, keep up the good work guys. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Gale, I dont think anyone is "hoping" Ellsbury gets hurt, as much as just having a little fun with monitoring how he's done since going to the NYY. That said, I doubt there will be any tears, if and when, he does.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   He does have a 16 game hitting streak. He has not been on the D.L. as yet. I believe that a few of our boys have missed a few games .  Sour grapes is still sour grapes. If you don't want to spend the money, fine. If somebody else does, fine.  That's the way it goes.  Move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   He does have a 16 game hitting streak. He has not been on the D.L. as yet. I believe that a few of our boys have missed a few games .  Sour grapes is still sour grapes. If you don't want to spend the money, fine. If somebody else does, fine.  That's the way it goes.  Move on.

[/QUOTE]

I don't thnk it's sour grapes, gale, nor do I think anyone would wish him anything but well, if he had signed with any other team. Some blame the front office, some don't. No one blames Ellsbury. It comes with the rivalry territory

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Sox should have taken care of him long before he hit FA, watch they will mess it up with Lester too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox should have taken care of him long before he hit FA, watch they will mess it up with Lester too.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

And you really think Boras would let that happen?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Bobby, Ells wanted to hit and test free agency. The Sox wouldn't have come close to what the NYY offered, and he and Borass knew it. If in fact, he actually wanted to stay. Lester has made it clear he does, and is willing to take a hometown discount to stay in Boston

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bobby, Ells wanted to hit and test free agency. The sox wouldn't have come close to what the NYY offered, and he and Borass knew it. If in fact, he actually wanted to stay in Boston. Lester has made it clear he does, and is willing to take a hometown discount

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]  Maybe Lester needs Boras as his agent. Him telling the Sox that he would take a hometown discount was the dumbest thing ever. The result was the insulting low ball offer they gave him. It's like going into a car dealership and telling them you are willing to pay a little more because you love their show room. Negotiations 101, Jon. Negotiations 101.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Bobby, Ells wanted to hit and test free agency. The Sox wouldn't have come close to what the NYY offered, and he and Borass knew it. If in fact, he actually wanted to stay. Lester has made it clear he does, and is willing to take a hometown discount to stay in Boston

[/QUOTE]

'Hometown Discount.' Is that an oxymoron?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Actually, Hometown Discount is a term that agents tell their clients to use so that when the client asks for too much, it looks like it's the FO's fault, when it's turned down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Boston did made a offer to Ellsbury like two years ago, and he rejected.  Now Boston did offered Lester probably twice within 12 months or like that, and Lester still rejected both offer.  

So I could see Lester may be doing the samething that Ellsbury did it to Boston some years ago.  I still do not trust Lester's talks!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

This was never on the table with Ells - he and Boras made it know he was going to FA and trying to get paid in full.  It is on the table with Lester - Lester has on multiple occasions intimated a desire to get 'er done and stay in Boston.  It is tricky of course, because you cannot lowball one of the game's premier startes, and a lefty at that.  So, it will be interesting how it plays out.  But these were/are very different situations.  The only commonality is that they involves Red Sox stars with contracts expiring.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

As Warren Oates would say: "Lighten up Francis."

I saw the story so I started the thread just to see how it would evolve. I didn't make a comment one way or another about Ellsbury. It was sort of predictable how it would develop, but for me, this thread was nothing but harmless fun, which should have been obvious by the title.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

he's in pinstripes now.  not wishing anything life threatening but if it so happened that he had a season ending hip or rib injury i wouldnt feel bad for him or the yankees organization.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

"the hip bones connected to the......"

where was beltre?  does he have an alibi?

someone fitting AB's description was seen fleeing the scene :-)