Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP?

In Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP?:
    [QUOTE]I would throw in  Pysical Graffitti  n Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP? :
    Posted by craig2174[/QUOTE]
    Yup, no question.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I think the chances of a Red Sox player winning the MVP are slim, since votes would be split between as many as 3 players. Ortiz won't be in the mix due his DH role.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]I would say since there is still 28 games to play, Papi still has a chance at the MVP. If he were to have a Monster September and finsih with say 35 hr, 115 RBI, 40+2b .320 avg and an over 1.000 OPS, leading the Sox to the Division title...he would get some consideration. Keep in mind he has played 13 less games than AGOn and others. DH hurts his chances of course. But he may be the Clubhouse leader and that should play into who is the team MVP also. The other thing that hurts his chances is that Granderson is distancing himself from other Yankees, whereas the Sox votes may get split among AGON, ELLS, some Pedroia and Ortiz. Bautista is going to be ona 4th place club, so that will hurt him....personally I would give it to Verlander....Detroit is no where without him 
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]
      Sox are nowhere without Beckett, or Aceves. Yanks are nowhere without C.C. or Nova, Angels are nowhere without Weaver. Until they give hitters Cy Young awards, pitchers don't get MVPs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP? : Yeah, but should the team bring back such a heel ?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

heel be coming around the mountain when she comes...heel be...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

At least I didn't jinx Ortiz tonight with my thread. A nice two-run homer to end the month. Even with his time on the DL, Ortiz finished August with his best all-around month of the season: 8 HR, 20 RBIs, .411 BA.

His eight home runs is second-most. He hit 10 in May but had just 16 RBIs, which was a decent total but low considering he hit .342. He was bad in May with RISP.

His 20 RBIs is tied for second-most. He had 20 RBIs last month with just three homers and batted just .253. He had 21 RBIs in June with five homers and .295 BA. He got his 20 RBIs this month with fewer at-bats.

And he had his best month with BA (.411), slugging and OPS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

roy, i'm ready to elect Ortiz Scholl Insert Heel of the Month....The man is on fire. I like those long pants too...Mannystyle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Nice thread, Roy. Papi is leading the way, as he often does when it really counts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]roy, i'm ready to elect Ortiz Scholl Insert Heel of the Month....The man is on fire. I like those long pants too...Mannystyle.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Aww man, I hate that style. I'm old school -- I like the high socks, preferably with the stirrups.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP? : I'll throw the White Album up there, too, but I agree, you can't beat "London Calling."
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

lloyd, the WHITE ALBUM had a lot of filler.
    it would have been a great single album.

EXILE ON MAIN STREET was much better.

ortiz won't win mvp. at this point it belongs to granderson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP? : lloyd, the WHITE ALBUM had a lot of filler. it would have been a great single album. EXILE ON MAIN STREET was much better. ortiz won't win mvp. at this point it belongs to granderson.
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]
    Very good point on Exile ... terrific album. Also their last terrific album. Had a few good/decent ones after that, but none that were classics.

Yazzer, for what you lack in logic on Theo/Tito, you at least partly make up for it with your taste in music.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP? : lloyd, the WHITE ALBUM had a lot of filler. it would have been a great single album. EXILE ON MAIN STREET was much better. ortiz won't win mvp. at this point it belongs to granderson.

Not everyones cup of tea, but Minutemen's Double Nickels on the Dime is in Spaceman's pantheon of double album greatness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I vote for big David as the MVP! (Most Valuable Papi) Wink

however even better is to label him "Big Papi, Yankee Killah"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I would vote for him to be MVP, but he isn't white, so ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I would vote for him to be MVP, but he isn't white, so ...
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah, I forgot ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Wrong color for Boston MVP
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

something tells me that you were born in the deep south right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP? : i don't like the CLASH, lloyd; i LOVE the CLASH!
    there is hope for you yet, so all alone i keep the wolves at bay, favorite lyrics from that album

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Ortiz for MVP? Not in my book.  Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and hope he gets resigned for a 2yr contract.  I just don't think his offense is good enough to merit MVP as a DH.  I think a DH needs to crush all position players at the plate to be a serious candidate.  As much as I love Papi, I think Bautista, Granderson, AGon, Ellsbury and even Pedroia are higher up the list.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

oh heel no, 111soxfan, heeeel no...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

homophobe

Space, surely you can do better than the bugaboo of hate and homophobe to attempt to censor disagreement. Phobia is used to project a mental disorder on those who denounce same-sexual conduct as immoral. In reality, I have no fear of any person. However, in that it stands in the way of a new value system, Biblephobia, see New Testament, would seem to fit your mens rea.  

Satire on Ortiz if quite fitting, as, based on career merit, he is the most disrespected Red Sox player in team history. This from a lot of people born and rasied in Boston, MA. And, for the record, I was born in the backwoods bigotry of NY. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

soft, you aren't a spick (c) are you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Defense and speed on the base paths are pretty important to me. On those counts, he clearly comes up short. Not only do those lazy trots to 1st base drive me crazy but too many ground ball double plays and bad base running are also negatives. Having said that he's having a good year and ought to be resigned---I'd hate to see him in pinstripes with that short porch!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]homophobe Space, surely you can do better than the bugaboo of hate and homophobe to attempt to censor disagreement. Phobia is used to project a mental disorder on those who denounce same-sexual conduct as immoral. In reality, I have no fear of any person. However, in that it stands in the way of a new value system, Biblephobia, see New Testament, would seem to fit your mens rea.   Satire on Ortiz if quite fitting, as, based on career merit, he is the most disrespected Red Sox player in team history. This from a lot of people born and rasied in Boston, MA. And, for the record, I was born in the backwoods bigotry of NY. 

Nope.  I can't do better than the bugaboo "homophobe".  That is what you are, even if you use the Bible as rationale for your discriminatory views.  The Bible was used as justification for slavery too.  

And there was no satire on Ortiz, only satire of you.  Ortiz is one of the most heralded Sox players of all time.  Everyone's hero.  Most disrespected is completely ridiculous.  And pointing to the general broohahaha over his early season o-fers in 09 and '10 as evidence is like pointing to Ellsbury's reverse pivot as evidence that he is a bad hitter.  Sure, it may be true, but that little truth makes nary a dent in the mountain of evidence supporting the opposite position.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]homophobe Space, surely you can do better than the bugaboo of hate and homophobe to attempt to censor disagreement. Phobia is used to project a mental disorder on those who denounce same-sexual conduct as immoral. In reality, I have no fear of any person. However, in that it stands in the way of a new value system, Biblephobia, see New Testament, would seem to fit your mens rea.   Satire on Ortiz if quite fitting, as, based on career merit, he is the most disrespected Red Sox player in team history. This from a lot of people born and rasied in Boston, MA. And, for the record, I was born in the backwoods bigotry of NY. 
    1 - Whether or not it is scientifically correct, the suffix "phobia" is used to denote fear ... not to project mental disorder.
    2 - If you find same sex[ual] conduct immoral, you shouldn't engage in it -- railing against it publicly can be properly construed as homophobia and/or hate speech. I won't even stoop to pluck the low hanging fruit re: "same sexual conduct" and married life.Sealed
    2 - Of what new value system does "Biblephobia" stand in the way?  To the extent you refer to a Bible approved value system, it is at least 1600 years old ... hardly new in my book.
    3 - Your new position that Ortiz is the most disrespected player in RS history is so off key one must assume it is purely satire.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm... How About Ortiz for MVP? : 1 - Whether or not it is scientifically correct, the suffix "phobia" is used to denote fear ... not to project mental disorder. 2 - If you find same sex[ual] conduct immoral, you shouldn't engage in it -- railing against it publicly can be properly construed as homophobia and/or hate speech. I won't even stoop to pluck the low hanging fruit re: "same sexual conduct" and married life. 2 - Of what new value system does "Biblephobia" stand in the way?  To the extent you refer to a Bible approved value system, it is at least 1600 years old ... hardly new in my book. 3 - Your new position that Ortiz is the most disrespected player in RS history is so off key one must assume it is purely satire.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

No. It's not satire. It's just more blatant idiocy from the town dunce.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

That is what you are, even if you use the Bible as rationale for your discriminatory views

Why would anyone want to use the Bible as a rationale for views of the morality of conduct? In your droning bigotry you use discriminating viewpoint to discriminate against my viewpoint. I could call you some silly contemporary bugaboo epithet, but I will simply let your own bigotry speak for itself.