HOF VOTE SHOCK... How could the AARON SELE only get one vote?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: HOF VOTE SHOCK... How could the AARON SELE only get one vote?

No shock at all, unless you ask why Curt Schilling did not get in .......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thats contrarian sarcasm folks.. SERIOUSLY, whoever cast that one vote should have their privileges voided PERMANENTLY going forward!

[/QUOTE]

Aaron Sele gets a vote and the most valuable catcher in history ( Doug Mirabelli ) wasn't even on the ballot. Something just ain't right????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I thought the Sox were pursuing Sele as a potential #5 starter in 2013.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]

thats contrarian sarcasm folks.. SERIOUSLY, whoever cast that one vote should have their privileges voided PERMANENTLY going forward!

[/QUOTE]
    My 94 year-old Mom passed away in Dec. 2011, and she always said that Aaron Sele was her favorite all-time Red Soxer.  I'd tease her that she only said that because she thought he was so cute.  So I can honestly say that I know of someone who would have endorsed that one vote.  God bless and RIP Mom.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think it was 1993 but Sele was in a bar/pizzeria we were at in Portland Maine..... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    My 94 year-old Mom passed away in Dec. 2011, and she always said that Aaron Sele was her favorite all-time Red Soxer.  I'd tease her that she only said that because she thought he was so cute.  So I can honestly say that I know of someone who would have endorsed that one vote.  God bless and RIP Mom.

[/QUOTE]

I was severely disappointed when Sele was traded...he was a damn good pitcher...

btw, contrarian, your posts are becoming worse by the day...get a grip or get lost...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought the Sox were pursuing Sele as a potential #5 starter in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

But only if it were a short-term deal.  Sele wanted a 3 deal and the Sox wouldn't budge.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

This kind of thing happens all the time.  Uusally it is a journalist who knows the player personally, and decides to give him the distinction of receiving a single HOF vote as sort of a present.   It's is not a big deal.   Kevin Appier also got one vote, as did many others who everyone knew had 0 chance of getting enshrined.

The far more confusing ones are the players like Rob Nen who got TWO votes.  OK, so he had a friend who covered him as a player and gave him the gift vote.  But who was the other guy voting for Rob Nen? Rob Nen?!!? 

Sections
Shortcuts