HOF Votes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: HOF Votes

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• Smith (was all-time saves leader at one point)
    • Murphy (B2B MVP, multiple up-the-middle GG winner with 396 HR before PEDs
    • Trammell (better overall than Ozzie)
    • Morris (really good, with great playoff moments)
    • Raines (on base ~ 4,000 times, 

No one elite.  Bonds was elite, but cheated.

[/QUOTE]

Of those 5, I'd make Raines and Trammell a yes and the other 3 a no.  Morris a thundering no.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only players who should be excluded due to PEDs are ones who have actually tested positive.  You cant disqualify someone due to suspicion, no matter how much circumstantial evidence may exist.

Bagwell

L. Walker

Schilling

FWIW, Schilling's stats are better than Morris almost across the board.

LOL to Todd Walker being on the list.  A .290 , 15 HR/ yr , lousy D second baseman.  Never received an MVP vote in his life.  Loved him in 03, but on the HOF ballot?  Really?

FYI: I put a lot of stock into how many years were you seriously considered for an MVP.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't every player that meets a minimum standard (of years?) make the list?  I think so, and support that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The only players who should be excluded due to PEDs are ones who have actually tested positive.  You cant disqualify someone due to suspicion, no matter how much circumstantial evidence may exist.

Bagwell

L. Walker

Schilling

LOL to Todd Walker being on the list.  A .290 , 15 HR/ yr , lousy D second baseman.  Never received an MVP vote in his life.  Loved him in 03, but on the HOF ballot?  Really?

FYI: I put a lot of stock into how many years were you seriously considered for an MVP.

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't every player that meets a minimum standard (of years?) make the list?  I think so, and support that.

[/QUOTE]

not sure.  Just thought it was kind of funny

Bonds

Bagwell

Biggio

Trammell

T. Walker

HAHAHA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

Bagwell

L. Walker

Schilling

[/QUOTE]

I believe every player after five years is on the ballot. regardless of whether they were all stars or not. As for those that used vs those suspected of using peds, it's a tough call. Many played in era where the use was largely ignored and never were subjected to testing. 

Bagwell might be the poster boy for a group of players that emassed hof numbers that today are suspected of use. Who's overall numbers are worthy, but the suspision of use might cost him the votes needed to surpass 75 percent. The same could be said of Piazza too?

to me the most deserving on this years ballot if we ignore the pedis issue are Bonds & Clemens...the others are Biggio, Piazza, Bagwell, Edar Martinez & Lee Smith. 

Then there's the group of close but fall just short....including Schilling, Morris, Murphy & Larry Walker.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who gets yours?

PlayerVotesPercent Jack Morris  *   Jeff Bagwell  *   Lee Smith  *   Tim Raines  *   Alan Trammell  *   Edgar Martínez     Fred McGriff     Larry Walker  *   Mark McGwire     Don Mattingly     Dale Murphy  *   Rafael Palmeiro     Bernie Williams     Sandy Alomar, Jr.     Craig Biggio  *   Barry Bonds  *   Jeff Cirillo     Royce Clayton     Roger Clemens  *   Jeff Conine     Steve Finley     Julio Franco     Shawn Green     Roberto Hernández     Ryan Klesko     Kenny Lofton     José Mesa     Mike Piazza  *   Reggie Sanders     Curt Schilling  *   Aaron Sele     Sammy Sosa     Mike Stanton     Todd Walker     David Wells     Rondell White     Woody Williams

[/QUOTE] my votes in bold

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

IMO, Morris & Trammell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I think these players should get looked at hard:

Trammel

Smith

Piazza

Bagwell

Mattingly

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Edgar Martinez:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21424761/ranking-the-2013-hall-of-fame-candidates-no-10-edgar-martinez