Holt at 1B, PD back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Holt at 1B, PD back

#redsox: Holt 1B, Bogaerts SS, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz DH, Gomes LF, Hassan RF, Ross C, Bradley Jr. CF, Herrera 3B, Lester LHP.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Holt at 1B, PD back

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Where is Checcenie   ?????

[/QUOTE]

Bench warmer 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bench warmer 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

AHA, the plot thickens. Holt an option, going forward, to play 1st against RH pitchers? As far as I'm concerned they can keep Napoli on the DL for at least another stint or two.

There is also the option, of course, of letting Drew ride the bench for awhile. Wherever they play whom, I hope they keep the batting order very close to what it has been during this 6 (hopefully 7) streak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AHA, the plot thickens. Holt an option, going forward, to play 1st against RH pitchers? As far as I'm concerned they can keep Napoli on the DL for at least another stint or two.

[/QUOTE]

What exactly did Napoli do to fall out of favor, besides get hurt?

People will want him back again soon enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Holt leading off and Bogaerts hitting second has worked very well.  I would not change it as yet.

Stabbed by Foulke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

young line-up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Not liking Herrera at 3rd despite his three hits last night.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGUBMmmQWM

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Why not, try everybody all over the place. These guys are Ballplayers. Like ideas like this, you make mistake you wont do it again.
    Versatility is huge in baseball.
    You get a key game in extra innings, nice to know you have a guy who at least played the position.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's Cecchini you dufus.....copy and paste is your friend.  He is nothing more than insurance at this time.  He'll get a spot start here and there and maybe pinch hit but once Drew and Napoli come back he'll be sent back down for more 'seasoning'.....which is what should happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

would have given cecchini the start today over herrera. Drew will likely be up tomorrow so it appears garin’s stay will be short lived. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now playing, Garin Checcenie

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have nothing against Napoli except his strikeouts, hitting into double plays, and .250. He should hit against LH pitchers only.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a country from the former Soviet Union?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a country from the former Soviet Union?

[/QUOTE]

this just cracks me up...juice flew out of my mouth...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have nothing against Napoli except his strikeouts, hitting into double plays, and .250. He should hit against LH pitchers only.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  He has a career .837 OPS against RH pitchers.

Did you happen to see his home run off that Verlander guy in last year's playoffs?  The one that was the only run in the game?

How soon they forget.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to see his home run off that Verlander guy in last year's playoffs?  The one that was the only run in the game?

How soon they forget.

I've seen a lot of his home runs. Also a lot by Dick Gernert, Norm Zauchin, etc. Doesn't make them more valuable to his team rhan someone like Holt. I also saw 4 doubles; mostly against a VG pitcher. This was not a 16-12 laugher. He produced when the others didn't. I'm not about to waste my time looking up Napoli's BB to AB ratio, but I can tell you it's probably one of the worst in the league. Ad the DP's he has a fondness for hittinh into, and, yes, I'll take Holt any time.

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Garin will not make the road trip, on his way back to McCoy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's Cecchini you dufus.....copy and paste is your friend.  He is nothing more than insurance at this time.  He'll get a spot start here and there and maybe pinch hit but once Drew and Napoli come back he'll be sent back down for more 'seasoning'.....which is what should happen.

[/QUOTE]

I concur!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

How soon they forget.

I've seen a lot of his home runs. Also a lot by Dick Gernert, Norm Zauchin, etc. Doesn't make them more valuable to his team rhan someone like Holt. I also saw 4 doubles; mostly against a VG pitcher. This was not a 16-12 laugher. He produced when the others didn't. I'm not about to waste my time looking up Napoli's BB to AB ratio, but I can tell you it's probably one of the worst in the league. Ad the DP's he has a fondness for hittinh into, and, yes, I'll take Holt any time.

[/QUOTE]

Holt is this year's Nava.  He's having a great hot streak.  Nothing wrong with that, but he's not a proven major league hitter like Napoli.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is very possible that Holt will revert back to his career norm. However , it is also possible that he is coming into his own at age 25. Getting his big opportunity and taking advantage of it. Let's wait a bit and find out which it is. Meanwhile, stay with the hot hand. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

At the very worst, Holt is boosting his trade value.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is very possible that Holt will revert back to his career norm. However , it is also possible that he is coming into his own at age 25. Getting his big opportunity and taking advantage of it. Let's wait a bit and find out which it is. Meanwhile, stay with the hot hand. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I liked that he played 1st today; Even with Drew activated, Holt will still get plenty of playing time. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

How soon they forget.

Holt is this year's Nava.  He's having a great hot streak.  Nothing wrong with that, but he's not a proven major league hitter like Napoli.

[/QUOTE]

Holt (.327/.885) has earned a spot in the everyday starting lineup. So has Bogaerts (.296/.816). Drew (.100/.282 with 5 Ks in 10 PAs) has not. Since Napoli (.260/.806 with excellent defense to boot) and Pedroia, who has been a disappointment at the plate this year, will also be playing, Drew SHOULD be the UIF until Holt fails, if he does. That is the logical way to handle the return of Stephen Drew. Farrell did say that Drew was signed to play SS, and he will. However, what Farrell cleverly left out is how OFTEN he will play SS. Lets hope he does the right thing and starts the IF that is most productive for the team. And that does not include the $10M man.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

Sections
Shortcuts