Holt at 1B, PD back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Holt at 1B, PD back

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It is very possible that Holt will revert back to his career norm. However , it is also possible that he is coming into his own at age 25. Getting his big opportunity and taking advantage of it. Let's wait a bit and find out which it is. Meanwhile, stay with the hot hand. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

What is his career (this is only his 3rd) norm? He hit .292 first year in 65 AB, .203 second year in 59 AB and .337 in 86 AB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

It is very possible that Holt will revert back to his career norm. However , it is also possible that he is coming into his own at age 25. Getting his big opportunity and taking advantage of it. Let's wait a bit and find out which it is. Meanwhile, stay with the hot hand. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

What is his career (this is only his 3rd) norm? He hit .292 first year in 65 AB, .203 second year in 59 AB and .337 in 86 AB

[object HTMLDivElement]    I am not knocking him at all.  He is a .300 hitter in six minor league seasons. I am just referring to some saying that he has not proven to be a major league hitter.  Give him a chance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Funny stuff. Holt is playing well and he should stay on the team. With that said managers tend to evaluate players based on years, not weeks. Holt had a 636 OPS with Pawtucket last year and a 513 OPS with boston and people here think Farrel is going to play him over Napoli.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

Funny stuff. Holt is playing well and he should stay on the team. With that said managers tend to evaluate players based on years, not weeks. Holt had a 636 OPS with Pawtucket last year and a 513 OPS with boston and people here think Farrel is going to play him over Napoli.

[object HTMLDivElement].  He is currently leading the team in batting. He should play at least until that changes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Is it in poor taste to wish another concussion on Drew?  After all, it would benefit the club and he and his agent still have what they really want...cold, hard cash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Would it be in poor taste to wish another injury to Drew similar to the one he had last year?  It would help the club and besides, he and his agent got what they really wanted........cold, hard, cash.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Brock Holt and his wife have a new puppy they named Tank. That’s right, Tank Holt the dog. Even his dog is gritty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:

Is it in poor taste to wish another concussion on Drew?  After all, it would benefit the club and he and his agent still have what they really want...cold, hard cash.

Sounds like you've had a few concussions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

‏@PeteAbe
    Brock Holt and his wife have a new puppy they named Tank. That’s right, Tank Holt the dog. Even his dog is gritty.

[object HTMLDivElement]   Let's hope Brock doesn't tank.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

AHA, the plot thickens. Holt an option, going forward, to play 1st against RH pitchers? As far as I'm concerned they can keep Napoli on the DL for at least another stint or two.

What exactly did Napoli do to fall out of favor, besides get hurt?

People will want him back again soon enough.

I have nothing against Napoli except his strikeouts, hitting into double plays, and .250. He should hit against LH pitchers only.

i am hoping this is humor or sarcasm....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

I liked that he played 1st today; Even with Drew activated, Holt will still get plenty of playing time. 

except for that throw from SS that clanked off his glove. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:

You are asking if it is in poor taste to wish harm on a BASEBALL player that could effect him for the rest of his life?  Even if this was a joke it's not funny.  Get a life......you're the joke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement].  He is currently leading the team in batting. He should play at least until that changes. 

Not at first base he shouldn't. Napoli's career 857 OPS tops Brocks career 717 OPS in a whopping 210 at bats. Holt is playing great. He won't keep doing that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

AHA, the plot thickens. Holt an option, going forward, to play 1st against RH pitchers? As far as I'm concerned they can keep Napoli on the DL for at least another stint or two.

I have nothing against Napoli except his strikeouts, hitting into double plays, and .250. He should hit against LH pitchers only.

Wrong.  He has a career .837 OPS against RH pitchers.

Did you happen to see his home run off that Verlander guy in last year's playoffs?  The one that was the only run in the game?

How soon they forget.

I've seen a lot of his home runs. Also a lot by Dick Gernert, Norm Zauchin, etc. Doesn't make them more valuable to his team rhan someone like Holt. I also saw 4 doubles; mostly against a VG pitcher. This was not a 16-12 laugher. He produced when the others didn't. I'm not about to waste my time looking up Napoli's BB to AB ratio, but I can tell you it's probably one of the worst in the league. Ad the DP's he has a fondness for hittinh into, and, yes, I'll take Holt any time.

Ahahahaha.   Napoli's career BA is .259 and his career OBP is .359.  Where do you think the extra .100 OBP comes from?  That "waste of time" took approximately 30 seconds.  Also, his career GIDP/162 games is 12.  Gernert's was 13, Zauchin's was 16, and St. Yaz the Overrated's was also 16.  That took nearly 90 seconds.

And did you even watch the game yesterday?  Holt's doubles were hardly the stuff of legend...I missed the first but the second was a popup on steroids and the latter two were outs played into doubles by Rodriguez.  Come on, Holt can't carry Napoli's jockstrap....he's just another Ciriaco that the pinheads get over excited about due to his lucky start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I liked that he played 1st today; Even with Drew activated, Holt will still get plenty of playing time. 

I agree, especially if he is going to learn the outfield as well. It's a little amusing to me that we're up in arms over where Holt is going to play when half the lineup (it feels like) is on the DL or otherwise b@nged up. Let's get everyone healthy first.

(I can't say "b.anged"? Really? I thought we were past this.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Ahahahaha.   Napoli's career BA is .259 and his career OBP is .359.  Where do you think the extra .100 OBP comes from?  That "waste of time" took approximately 30 seconds.  Also, his career GIDP/162 games is 12.  Gernert's was 13, Zauchin's was 16, and St. Yaz the Overrated's was also 16.  That took nearly 90 seconds.

And did you even watch the game yesterday?  Holt's doubles were hardly the stuff of legend...I missed the first but the second was a popup on steroids and the latter two were outs played into doubles by Rodriguez.  Come on, Holt can't carry Napoli's jockstrap....he's just another Ciriaco that the pinheads get over excited about due to his lucky start.

You know it's a funny thing about hitting into a lot of DPs.  Bad hitters don't do it a lot.  They don't hit the ball hard enough.

Career record for most DPs is Cal Ripken, Jr. with 350.  Hank Aaron holds the NL record with 305 (and hit into 328 in his career).

Most in a season is our own Jim Rice with 36.  Miguel Tejada holds the NL record at 32.

Most in a game?  Hall of Famer Goose Goslin, Victor Martinez and Joe Torre all grounded into 4 in one game.

What do moist of these guys have in common?  They were hitters who hit the ball hard and none were blessed with great speed.  Recipe for DPs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Wrong.  He has a career .837 OPS against RH pitchers.

Did you happen to see his home run off that Verlander guy in last year's playoffs?  The one that was the only run in the game?

How soon they forget.

I've seen a lot of his home runs. Also a lot by Dick Gernert, Norm Zauchin, etc. Doesn't make them more valuable to his team rhan someone like Holt. I also saw 4 doubles; mostly against a VG pitcher. This was not a 16-12 laugher. He produced when the others didn't. I'm not about to waste my time looking up Napoli's BB to AB ratio, but I can tell you it's probably one of the worst in the league. Ad the DP's he has a fondness for hittinh into, and, yes, I'll take Holt any time.

I doubt anyone thinks Holt is in Nap's category, but yesterday's game does go into the sox record book I think.  I think I heard four doubles ties a sox record for one game.  All of a sudden JF has a problem most managers would love to have.  How to fit all the good players into the game card.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

I doubt anyone thinks Holt is in Nap's category, but yesterday's game does go into the sox record book I think.  I think I heard four doubles ties a sox record for one game.  All of a sudden JF has a problem most managers would love to have.  How to fit all the good players into the game card.

Tied the major league record held by around 50 players.  It was the 6th time in Red Sox history it happened, the immortal Biily Werber was the first, followed by Al Zarilla.  Orlando Cepeda, Rick Miller and Victor Martinez were the others.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe  ·  6m More Farrell: "We’re going to find every way we can to get Brock [Holt] on the field and keep him in the lineup."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree, especially if he is going to learn the outfield as well. It's a little amusing to me that we're up in arms over where Holt is going to play when half the lineup (it feels like) is on the DL or otherwise b@nged up. Let's get everyone healthy first.

(I can't say "b.anged"? Really? I thought we were past this.)

Especially when one of the great baseball movies was BANG THE DRUM SLOWLY. It appears one can say 'bang' but not 'bang@d.'

Sections
Shortcuts