HOLT > ELLSBURY?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re: HOLT > ELLSBURY?

I'll trade anyone Holt for Ellsbury on my fantasy league right now. 

-Daf. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I know this is about Holt and he has been nothing short of incredible. He is an all purpose player.  

This is just me but I would put Holt back at 3 B and move Xander to LF and let Xander be the Sox corner power bat in the OF. He's not Stanton but he will be Stanton in two years and we can see, though he's a very fine player, we are loaded with infielders and weak in the OF.

I would send Bradley to AAA to find his batting groove   and use Size in CF and platoon Nava and Gomes in RF.

If that combo does not work--Betts has been playing CF the last few days. Bring him up with his .419 OBP and .300 BA and see what he can do in CF.

I have been a big Holt fan--perfect leadoff bat. I can see Holt and Betts batting 1-2 in front of Pedroia, Ortiz, Nap and Xander--now they are extending the order. AJ, Size and Drew

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I know this is about Holt and he has been nothing short of incredible. He is an all purpose player.  

This is just me but I would put Holt back at 3 B and move Xander to LF and let Xander be the Sox corner power bat in the OF. He's not Stanton but he will be Stanton in two years and we can see, though he's a very fine player, we are loaded with infielders and weak in the OF.

I would send Bradley to AAA to find his batting groove   and use Size in CF and platoon Nava and Gomes in RF.

If that combo does not work--Betts has been playing CF the last few days. Bring him up with his .419 OBP and .300 BA and see what he can do in CF.

I have been a big Holt fan--perfect leadoff bat. I can see Holt and Betts batting 1-2 in front of Pedroia, Ortiz, Nap and Xander--now they are extending the order. AJ, Size and Drew

JBJ is so far a better CF defender than Sizemore or Nava or Bett.   Farrell do not want to put a weak defender in CF cuz  he is a better hitter than Bradley.  Who know this defender would misplay few balls and give the opponent some extra runs.  Last nite Boston only gave up 3 runs which that is what we wanted to see for the rest of the season.

Sizemore is not a fast player anymore.  No way he can cover CF in nowsdays due of his past many injuries and surgeries.  Nava is the guy I do not trust anymore.  He can just continue to be a back up player!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

WHO KNEW.. WHERE it IS GOING Y'ALL! holt will b the everyday CF'r in a week! look at the numbers.. holt is BETTER right now than ells.. let him b, he can run as well. kid is growing in confidence! what does ells really do so much better than holt, add in the $.. this kid's the steal of the century!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

Well other than hitting, Fielding and running the bases, I guess you are right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ya got to like HOLT.........  Many times, the leap from the minors goes to OPPORTUNITY as well as outdoing the EXPECTATIONS of other players.....  Thats why so many players are "stuck" behind players that are getting big contracts for what they did 3 years ago and have been on the decline since !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Holt is on an Epic hot streak at the moment.  besides the hitting made 2 nice plays in LF last night that i guarantee Gomes doesnt make.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Sizemore in CF? He won't be here once Victorino returns.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

JBJ is so far a better CF defender than Sizemore or Nava or Bett.   Farrell do not want to put a weak defender in CF cuz  he is a better hitter than Bradley.  Who know this defender would misplay few balls and give the opponent some extra runs.  Last nite Boston only gave up 3 runs which that is what we wanted to see for the rest of the season.

Sizemore is not a fast player anymore.  No way he can cover CF in nowsdays due of his past many injuries and surgeries.  Nava is the guy I do not trust anymore.  He can just continue to be a back up player!!

He will be DFA'd once Victorino returns. Wasn't last night an indication of what is going on in the OF?

Holt in LF, JBJ in CF and Victorino in RF once he returns, with Nava and Gomes backing up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LOL

PeteAbe
    Triple for Brock Holt. .750 hitter as an outfielder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Brock Holt’s first test in LF produces an adventurous catch on the warning track to end the inning. #gritty

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Holt must have gone to the Jonny Gomes Left Field School. Chapter 1, just make the damn catch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

WHO KNEW.. WHERE it IS GOING Y'ALL! holt will b the everyday CF'r in a week! look at the numbers.. holt is BETTER right now than ells.. let him b, he can run as well. kid is growing in confidence! what does ells really do so much better than holt, add in the $.. this kid's the steal of the century!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

Until next week? Then who will be your next Hall Of Famer?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Word is that once he's mastered LF, they're going to try him out behind the plate. By the end of the season he could be the pitching coach or managing in the minors somewhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Word is that once he's mastered LF, they're going to try him out behind the plate. By the end of the season he could be the pitching coach or managing in the minors somewhere.

LOL

haven't seen an athlete like this since bo jackson

bo is  probably the most impressive athlete I have ever seen

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

LOL

haven't seen an athlete like this since bo jackson

bo is  probably the most impressive athlete I have ever seen

It would be great if Holt and/or Betts could learn to play the OF well and continue to hit.  We need a leadoff guy and Holt is holding his own but still needs to show some decent glove to stick around.  Either way we still need another legitimate every day power hitter at some point if we intend to compete. 

Sections
Shortcuts