Holy Carp!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Holy Carp!

The small sample size guru and resident clown is not going to be happy tonight.

Holy Carp Drew a Salty Ell to a Victori Nap in the Middle of a Nava Gnome.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Holy Carp!

Carp the bum has as many hits as JBJ.. just putting that out there

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

nice night for carp, always though the guy had was a good player but tonight was the first game this year he actually got a chance to start. Perhaps once ortiz gets back we will see a gomes/carp platoon in LF. Carp could easily be a better player than gomes (not saying much) and should be given a chance to keep starting given that gomes is struggling big time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

nice night for carp, always though the guy had was a good player but tonight was the first game this year he actually got a chance to start. Perhaps once ortiz gets back we will see a gomes/carp platoon in LF. Carp could easily be a better player than gomes (not saying much) and should be given a chance to keep starting given that gomes is struggling big time. 

Nava?? he is the other half of the LF platoon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I liked the Carp pickup. I still think he'll be better than Nava in the long run, but I have no problem with Nava playing so well, he proves me wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I liked the Carp pickup. I still think he'll be better than Nava in the long run, but I have no problem with Nava playing so well, he proves me wrong.

Nava has been proving folks wrong for a long time so don't take it personally. As for Carp he has had a very solid Minor league career so it's only a matter of playing time in his case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Carp was a nice pickup because they have little to lose except a roster spot.  They get a badly needed left-handed bat with some power potential and a sub that can play more than one position.  He is also part of the Napoli insurance policy.  Hopefully, this won't be needed, but if it is, it will be his audition.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I've noted that you want Ellsbury signed as a FA and Carp over Bradley.

I'm taking Bradley, so note that.

make sure you put it in your backup drive...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I've put Carp in your backup drive.......

sounds like innuendo to me ;)

you can put your carp in my backup drive anytime.. just buy me dinner first. i like pasta

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

Are there two shifts at the Globe backroom where BDC has Georom, Softlaw, Moonslav, and JackBU sit?  How is it possible that they are here 16 hrs. per day?

Again, your name says it all...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

nava has played well so far, but we have seen this from him before, he starts out hot then cools off big time, carp is younger and has actually had major league success with the mariners, the other thing about carp is that he hits lefties just as well if not better than righties, plus he has more power than nava. nava is a good back up, but carp could emerge as a starter on this team.(assuming we dont trade for a LF ie stanton) also, nava has 4 extra base hits in 10 games, carp just got 3 in one game. just sayin. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I haven't looked it up but didn't Carp basically get released by the offensively starving Mariners? Didn't he essentially start off like Hermedia and then taper off a lot in his sophmore year. I'm just going from memory here. Maybe there is a reason he hasn't been getting much playing time.

Good for him after tonight's game. Let's hope he keeps it up but the LF platoon should be Gomes / Nava to me for the foreseeable future. Lot's of guys start off strong in the minors and then at first in the majors but eventually pitchers find a hole and bury them. Lot's of players are great to have on the team as long as they cost next to nothing but the moment they start costing $3 million or so are expendable. For example Sweeney, guys like Carp, Hermedia. There is certainly a chance for Carp to become a good player again but the odds are against it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I've noted that you want Ellsbury signed as a FA and Carp over Bradley.

I'm taking Bradley, so note that.

Why should we all "note what" you say Softy Law---no one has indicated we want one player over another. We are all rooting for Bradley as we root for WMB, ShaVic, Gommes, Nap, Nava, Ells,Drew, Iggy, Ortiz, Lester, Buch, Hanny, Ue, Miller, Bailey, Taz, Ciriaco, Ross, Wilson, Dempster, Doubrount, Aceves, Salty, Carp, Pedroia, etc. We are all Red Sox fans and want the best for our team. We are all "Boston Strong" in many ways.

You're the one that has the "proof," the documented evidence of past threads proving what you have said. Why should we note you are for Bradley--we are all for Bradley just as we are all for whoever is on the field.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Leave it to the Wastefield quality start stooge to puff over one game from the team bum, Carp. Great time to see if someone wants Carp. 

Carp is already out performing Bradley.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The small sample size guru and resident clown is not going to be happy tonight.

Holy Carp Drew a Salty Ell to a Victori Nap in the Middle of a Nava Gnome.

The SOX need to extend that contract at once !!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BaddBrains' comment:

Are there two shifts at the Globe backroom where BDC has Georom, Softlaw, Moonslav, and JackBU sit?  How is it possible that they are here 16 hrs. per day?

so Moon starts a positive thread and you bash him? Yopuve been whining like a *itch about no positive thread, then when one is posted, you accuse him of being a plant...you are truly pathetic. get a life and rent a friend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I agree, but proving people wrong is Nava's specialty...

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Let's hope he keeps it up

Carp isn't going to keep up his one game sample, but he will keep up the sample that got him in the Seattle landfill.

Hey, maybe we can get Reed Johnson for 1.2M (His salary this year) and have his impressive .100 BA...Another good call

Sections
Shortcuts