1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: homegrown players.

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm sorry, does everyone have to be a fan from 70-whatever to be a Sox fan here? I didn't know that. My bad. So sorry. My apologies.

I should have filled out the application first.

[/QUOTE]

Jeez, relax for crying out loud...He was just making the point that the Sox have fielded a team of mostly all homegrown guys. Why so sensitive and quick to fight?

[/QUOTE]

That's just kim being kim...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Carnie. I to think I welcomed you back. Tongue Out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm sorry, does everyone have to be a fan from 70-whatever to be a Sox fan here? I didn't know that. My bad. So sorry. My apologies.

I should have filled out the application first.

[/QUOTE]

Jeez, relax for crying out loud...He was just making the point that the Sox have fielded a team of mostly all homegrown guys. Why so sensitive and quick to fight?

[/QUOTE]

That's just kim being kim...

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Carnie. I to think I welcomed you back. Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

You are a little sensitive sometimes... Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to bosoxhero2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am curious to the thoughts of this idea.Would anybody on here watch the Sox if they built a team of homegrown talent without spending millions on players that may or not be worth it.Like the Pirates or Royals.If they did they would still be a large market team with a low payroll which could then if needed find players to put you over the top if the team you had wasn't good enough.i would still watch them whatever they did.they are the sox.i love them as always.would it be possible to field a team with just draftpicks that work out?

[/QUOTE]

Probably could make an arguement this is what they do now? RS other than Manny Rameriz one could argue have never been the team going after the biggest name for FA in any given year. Lackey was not the top FA when signed. Yanks / Dodgers / Angels and now can add M's as the usual culprits. Matter of fact one could make an arguement RS have lost more thru FA Pedro / Damon / Ells than they've gotten back thru it. IMO RS have benefitted, but not to extent many might think. 

Under the ownership we were promised a player developemnt machine and they pretty much have delivered. At times will always have to add a piece to the puzzle if you want to win WS Championship's 04 Damon /Schilling/Foulke 13 Vic / Naps / Gomes / Dempster who many complained as terrible signs at the time, would rather have Hamilton/ Greinke/Anibel or other 100 mil+ players. Its not how much you spend, but how you spend it that is important. Look at Yanks vs RS, 2 big mkt teams who go about it very differently, RS learned quick they could not outbid the Yanks Contreses / Tex come to mind. But under this current ownership group, they have been the more succesful franchise during their tenure as owners. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Perhaps I missed something, but I think the point about Lynn, Rice, etc. has less to do with a "time period" per say, than the fact that it is clearly illustrative of a time when going with the home-grown boys led to a FANTASTIC WINNING ERA.  I don't think it was in any way meant to define what constitutes a knowledgable or real Sox fan, but more a clear time when going with our boys from the farm, & it leading to a bountiful crop.

As for being a chik?  Not sure that that matters in the least!  I love the fact that Kimmy is an epic over-reactor.  I love the fact that she will tear it up with the boys!  She's got heart!  Real heart!  The heart of a lion.  She takes no BS, just like the Sox.  These Red Sox babes are what completes us.  Can you imagine being married to a chikk who didn't care about the Sox.  Life would truly be without meaning.  If you are lucky enough to marry one of these fire-breathing babes, who over-reacts to all things Red Sox, & life, you will be a happy man!  Great to watch a game with, & really really great to play games with!!!  ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps I missed something, but I think the point about Lynn, Rice, etc. has less to do with a "time period" per say, than the fact that it is clearly illustrative of a time when going with the home-grown boys led to a FANTASTIC WINNING ERA.  I don't think it was in any way meant to define what constitutes a knowledgable or real Sox fan, but more a clear time when going with our boys from the farm, & it leading to a bountiful crop.

As for being a chik?  Not sure that that matters in the least!  I love the fact that Kimmy is an epic over-reactor.  I love the fact that she will tear it up with the boys!  She's got heart!  Real heart!  The heart of a lion.  She takes no BS, just like the Sox.  These Red Sox babes are what completes us.  Can you imagine being married to a chikk who didn't care about the Sox.  Life would truly be without meaning.  If you are lucky enough to marry one of these fire-breathing babes, who over-reacts to all things Red Sox, & life, you will be a happy man!  Great to watch a game with, & really really great to play games with!!!  ;)

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we should all marry a drama queen who over reacts to the smallest things...That should make for a long lasting relationship.

I give you that KST is passionate about the sox, but I can do without the umpire/NYY conspiracy theory, the ultra sensitive reactions to very simple comments and all that though...Im not a fan of drama.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh, and grow a pair and pick a screenname. I would think the definition of a "nut" would be someone who has to constantly create new ones.

[/QUOTE]

I did nut....  It's 'HailToTheKing'.....I'd say I could spell it for you, but I kind of did.  Let me guess though....you think I'm somebody else posing under a different guise right?  Nope...I have a life, sorry yours is not happy apparently.

Seriously though and all attacks aside, why are you so overly sensitive and why do you act as the 'forum police'?  I don't get it....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, RedSoxdirtdog. Someone who finally understands where I'm coming from.Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we should all marry a drama queen who over reacts to the smallest things...That should make for a long lasting relationship.

I give you that KST is passionate about the sox, but I can do without the umpire/NYY conspiracy theory, the ultra sensitive reactions to very simple comments and all that though...Im not a fan of drama.

[/QUOTE]

I've been here since 2010, how much drama are we talking about? My fair share? And the umpire conspiracy is not just a theory as pointed out in my thread "Joba to the Tigers".

FTR all females are ultra sensitive, as you call them. I think I handle it well here. Enough to be called another male poster, if you can believe it. I still can't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not a "drama queen!"  A passionate girl!  who can sometimes over-react.  

If you don't have one, you can't imagine the benefits.

Not one that seeks drama!  Goes out of her way to create drama!  One who can get a little sensitive about her cooking.  Or gets a little pissed off if you laugh at your teenage son's ogling of the Victoria Setret's models.  One who loses her cookies if a political debate goes too far.  One who hides in the bathroom if you've truly been insensitive, & pushed her to her limit....  OR   the really important stuff.......  will sit on a hard kitchen chair & refuse to move because the Red Sox are making a comback & she doen't want to mess it up.  Or.....  gets her feeling hurt because she stayed out of the room, not watching the game because the Sox were doing better with her out of the room, but you didn't notice.  Then pouts a little because you didn't notice, but gets over it real quick when you show your appreciation.  ;)

Now that's my kind of woman!  chikkkk!  Babe!  Insert your own term of endearment (not derogatory;).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've been here since 2010, how much drama are we talking about? My fair share? And the umpire conspiracy is not just a theory as pointed out in my thread "Joba to the Tigers".

FTR all females are ultra sensitive, as you call them. I think I handle it well here. Enough to be called another male poster, if you can believe it. I still can't.

[/QUOTE]

your reaction to that comment earlier in this thread I was referring to is common place for you. And no, not all women react that way.

Like I said, I dont doubt your passion and love for everything red sox. Just stuff like that is not necessary IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Went off the subject.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

I am curious to the thoughts of this idea.Would anybody on here watch the Sox if they built a team of homegrown talent without spending millions on players that may or not be worth it.Like the Pirates or Royals.If they did they would still be a large market team with a low payroll which could then if needed find players to put you over the top if the team you had wasn't good enough.i would still watch them whatever they did.they are the sox.i love them as always.would it be possible to field a team with just draftpicks that work out?

Its been proven that the more you spend does not make you a winner. If your talking about spending to buy a championship? ....Yankees Dodgers, Phillies and the likes did just that.... Were the fans dancing in the streets with those teams last year . Would you rather see homegrown kids win or millionaires fail  ? Your  pick either way .... You just don't know the outcome.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero2. Show bosoxhero2's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you just enjoy watching the prospects thats what AA and AAA are for. 

At the present time we have a ton of decent prospects, most of which are pitchers but no room on the staff unless someone gets injured.  We also only have one reliable big bat in Papi who isn't getting younger and nobody on that farm who even comes close to taking his place not to mention other positions.  In other words, we don't have enough solid prospect in every position to even put together an entire team which is why we need to trade and create more balance for the future.

[/QUOTE]

actually,i try to watch the minor league teams when i can.i live near the pa border of ny.erie,jamestown and buffalo all play the red sox minor league teams.i go to a game of both portland and pawtucket.i will this year see lowell.so yes i follow it very closely.checking box scores every day they play.i watched raunado pitch against erie.was a off night for him.but he had the skills i  liked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

There we go, good stuff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Its been proven that the more you spend does not make you a winner. If your talking about spending to buy a championship? ....Yankees Dodgers, Phillies and the likes did just that.... Were the fans dancing in the streets with those teams last year . Would you rather see homegrown kids win or millionaires fail  ? Your  pick either way .... You just don't know the outcome.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    While that's true, the Yankees and Dodgers (and the Red Sox) have a leg up on the Astros of the world.
    As a friend of mine would say, The race may not always go to the fast nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

ok

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you just enjoy watching the prospects thats what AA and AAA are for. 

At the present time we have a ton of decent prospects, most of which are pitchers but no room on the staff unless someone gets injured.  We also only have one reliable big bat in Papi who isn't getting younger and nobody on that farm who even comes close to taking his place not to mention other positions.  In other words, we don't have enough solid prospect in every position to even put together an entire team which is why we need to trade and create more balance for the future.

[/QUOTE]

actually,i try to watch the minor league teams when i can.i live near the pa border of ny.erie,jamestown and buffalo all play the red sox minor league teams.i go to a game of both portland and pawtucket.i will this year see lowell.so yes i follow it very closely.checking box scores every day they play.i watched raunado pitch against erie.was a off night for him.but he had the skills i  liked.

[/QUOTE]

The kids are always fun to watch, I do the same whenever we can.

Sections
Shortcuts