Hope Boston fans become SF Giants fans next 3 days vs Tampa !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Hope Boston fans become SF Giants fans next 3 days vs Tampa !!!

I must admit being in this area for more than 40 years I am a local fan, 49ers, Giants, A's, too after the Boston teams.

Last night watching the game on my IMAC and it was 7-2, my wife and I left for dinner with a TV in the bar and saw the 9th inning of the Giants beating the Phillies 2-1. My wife, with better eyesight, said the Sox won. I said White Sox ? I kept looking and squinted and saw the 8-7 score Final and was initially upset I left the game at home as Yogi said "It ain't over til it's over". Got over my disappointment and really enjoyed my wine & dinner.

Hope you all become SF Giant fans  next 3 games as they play Tampa !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Hope Boston fans become SF Giants fans next 3 days vs Tampa !!!

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I must admit being in this area for more than 40 years I am a local fan, 49ers, Giants, A's, too after the Boston teams.

Last night watching the game on my IMAC and it was 7-2, my wife and I left for dinner with a TV in the bar and saw the 9th inning of the Giants beating the Phillies 2-1. My wife, with better eyesight, said the Sox won. I said White Sox ? I kept looking and squinted and saw the 8-7 score Final and was initially upset I left the game at home as Yogi said "It ain't over til it's over". Got over my disappointment and really enjoyed my wine & dinner.

Sign me up!

I hope the Giants sweep.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

me too! I always liked the giants anyway because of the freak!. he just doesn't look the same since he cut his hair.

GO GIANTS!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Of course I'll be rooting for the Giants!  It would be nice to put some cushion in between us and the Rays.  Not to mention that Bumgarner is on my fantasy team.  LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Too early to worry a lot about how the Rays are doing. If we win our games we will win the division. For SF Baumgartner, their only successful SP so far this year, is going tonight. The Giants have a decent chance to win the opener in Tampa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Of course I'll be rooting for the Giants!  It would be nice to put some cushion in between us and the Rays.  Not to mention that Bumgarner is on my fantasy team.  LOL

hi kimmi, nice to see you posting more.

this season is turning into the magic of the beards. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

hi kimmi, nice to see you posting more.

this season is turning into the magic of the beards. lol

Hi Hammah, thanks.  I really enjoy posting, the problem is finding the time to do so. 

It's been a fun ride so far, and promises to be more of the same the rest of the way out!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, when the Yankees were in the first place two months ago, we were all worry about the Yankees.  Then the Rays got hot, and spent few times in the first place spot, and we were all worry about the Rays.

Really, we cant just worry about which team.  We got to worry about the Sox winning these games!!  Rays only have three games left against the Sox, but whole bunch of games against the Yankees and Orioles.  If you are going to root teams against one team, who know another team would sneak in and win the division.  Right now the Sox got to win as many two or three or four games series for the rest of the season.  if they do, they will easily win the division.

Biggest toughest schedule of the year is when the Sox goes on the road trip for 16 road games out of 19 games after this weekend.   That is the most important stretch of the season.  Sox need to play very well in these two and half week stretch.  If they do, they will start to push teams in the AL east division back further!!!

Go Sox

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all of the others.  It definitely helps the Red Sox if Tampa Bay loses and especially if SF sweeps them but I don't expect it to happen.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

2 of the best Pitchers in the Month of July are Pitching for the Rays. 2 out of 3 I'll be happy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

First of all, when the Yankees were in the first place two months ago, we were all worry about the Yankees.  Then the Rays got hot, and spent few times in the first place spot, and we were all worry about the Rays.

Really, we cant just worry about which team.  We got to worry about the Sox winning these games!!  Rays only have three games left against the Sox, but whole bunch of games against the Yankees and Orioles.  If you are going to root teams against one team, who know another team would sneak in and win the division.  Right now the Sox got to win as many two or three or four games series for the rest of the season.  if they do, they will easily win the division.

Biggest toughest schedule of the year is when the Sox goes on the road trip for 16 road games out of 19 games after this weekend.   That is the most important stretch of the season.  Sox need to play very well in these two and half week stretch.  If they do, they will start to push teams in the AL east division back further!!!

Go Sox

You are absolutely correct that it is most important we worry about continuing to win as I am not suggesting that by rooting against competing teams, we back in. If the Rays lose 3 to the Giants and we lose, God Forbid, the next 3, we are still 2 games ahead in the win column but I'm talking about putting more distance between us by us winning more and them losing more.

And you are correct too that if we root for NY to beat Tampa or the Orioles or any combination of them to beat the other, one could could sneak in to challenge us but the SF Giants would only be a threat if we met in the World Series and they ain't  going to make it !

Also, irrespective where the Yankees are in the Division I root for any team who plays against them. Ditto for any team who plays the Lakers and now the Heat !!! I must admit that my biggest satisfaction is when my Boston teams win but I do get a slight satisfaction when teams I hate lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Always was a fan of the San Fran/Bay Area teams,  in all sports(Gigantes,  A's, 9'ers, Warriors).  Never liked the Southern Cali teams(Dodgers,  UCLA,  USC,  Fakers)...  somehow they seemed Hollywood and fake.  Maybe it was the affluent fans that attend their games that puts me off.

Anyway....  kick sum buttox for us this weekend,  and we will owe ya one!!  As long as you don't collect on that during a Giants/Sox World Series.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am sure that SFBoston never implied that it was more important for the Rays to lose more than it is for the Sox to win.  He even mentioned "widening the gap" and that cannot happen unless the Sox keep winning and Tampa loses a few along the way.

The 16 out of 19 after the DBacks leave town is going to be huge to say the least.  Winning at least 9 or 10of those games is likely to be crucial heading in to the last 30 games of the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

BTW, I have never really liked the Giants, but will like them this weekend if they can take at least 2 of 3 from the Rays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Always was a fan of the San Fran/Bay Area teams,  in all sports(Gigantes,  A's, 9'ers, Warriors).  Never liked the Southern Cali teams(Dodgers,  UCLA,  USC,  Fakers)...  somehow they seemed Hollywood and fake.  Maybe it was the affluent fans that attend their games that puts me off.

Anyway....  kick sum buttox for us this weekend,  and we will owe ya one!!  As long as you don't collect on that during a Giants/Sox World Series.

================================

Can't wait for the 3 game series Aug 19, 20 & 21 at AT&T park where I'm attending 2 of the games proudly wearing my Boston Strong T-Shirt and my Bee(as in bumble(HA!) on my cap without worrying that I'd get knocked into a coma as a SF family man fan did after a Dodgers game in tinsletown last season.  Of course, my wife will be wearing a SF cap which should spare me.

Most of the Warrior fans root for Boston vs Lakers in sports bars and when I go to GS games, I love hearing "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston. There is a friction between SF-LA sports teams, almost but not quite, as intense as Boston vs NY.

I was sure rooting for a Pats-49ers Super Bowl last year but the dreaded Ravens did us both in and NY Giants beat Pats in 2 previous years and knocked out the heavily favored 49ers too out of the playoffs. If you are asking, I'd rooted for the Pats but please know that Brady was born in No. Cal(San Mateo)  & loved Joe Montana.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Im a fan of anyone playing NYY, TB, or STL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Too early to worry a lot about how the Rays are doing. If we win our games we will win the division. For SF Baumgartner, their only successful SP so far this year, is going tonight. The Giants have a decent chance to win the opener in Tampa.

=====================================
    Just finished watching the Giants help us out and, at least, unless we get another walk off not lose any ground to Tampa.

Geez, all Lester had to do was pitch an average game, 6-7 hits and 3-4 runs but 11 hits/6 runs...wow ! And this .500 team has 16 to our 7 hits---we're lucky to be only 1 run down . OK, got to root for a walk off.

In another post you asked where I live in Marin. You mentioned once you live in Novato. I've played tennis in Pioneer Park but other than that don't come north much. I live in Mill Valley.

Sections
Shortcuts