Hope the Sox did not poison the well w/ respect to LOCKING UP Ellsbury!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hope the Sox did not poison the well w/ respect to LOCKING UP Ellsbury!

I don't want to re-hash the whole debate on who did what last year with Ellsbury with respect to handling his injury!!!!!

I'm simply wondering if anyone has any inside knowledge / info. regarding whether or not the Sox are actively trying to LOCK UP Ellsbury with a "long - term" contract???  Also......  how Ellsbury feels about staying with the Sox????

Personally speaking.....  I have thought Els. was a rising star from day 1!!!!  I think it's becoming clear that this kid is destined to become a SUPERSTAR!!!!!

I certainly hope we're trying to WRAP HIM UP!!!!!

What say you????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Hope the Sox did not poison the well w/ respect to LOCKING UP Ellsbury!

I hope so..............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'm sure they are trying but with a Pedroia-like approach.  He's a Boras client so if he's shooting to cash out big and is willing to risk the next couple of seasons, he's going to get a big pay day.  That's if he continues to play like this which is the best baseball of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

He's been called "a rising star" for years. He's been called the next Ted Williams.

Now, you are claiming he's "destined to be a superstar".

Take a look at his OBP and the OBP for the rest of the starters. You need to get a grip.

No chance the Red Sox extend this guy, who burned a market bridge with his absurd indictment of management. The NL is where he needs to be traded, on a sell high for a solid young RH OF'er basis. Can't wait to see this overhyped teen idol leave town and get some defense in CF. Crawford has 142M to do everything bellsbury does, but better overall hitter and fielder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

The Red Sox only have one superstar, AGon. They have other stars, and Bellsbury is not one of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Hope the Sox did not poison the well w/ respect to LOCKING UP Ellsbury!:
    [QUOTE]He's been called "a rising star" for years. He's been called the next Ted Williams. Now, you are claiming he's "destined to be a superstar". Take a look at his OBP and the OBP for the rest of the starters. You need to get a grip. No chance the Red Sox extend this guy, who burned a market bridge with his absurd indictment of management. The NL is where he needs to be traded, on a sell high for a solid young RH OF'er basis. Can't wait to see this overhyped teen idol leave town and get some defense in CF. Crawford has 142M to do everything bellsbury does, but better overall hitter and fielder.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

majorleague,

Did you come up with "bellsbury" all on your own?  Most guys with your linguistic acumen are usually too clever by 1/2....  You rise above such lofty goals & max out at too clever by 1/100th....  Given the fact that you avoid debating the actual merits of any argument & reduce you protestations to mere sing-song mock rhyming worthy of a 3rd grade graduate, I'll simply check the "don't sign Els. to a long-term contract" box. 

Now.....  Please return to the Disney chat room, where I hear you absolutely dominate the board!   :)  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: Hope the Sox did not poison the well w/ respect to LOCKING UP Ellsbury!:
    [QUOTE]He's been called "a rising star" for years. He's been called the next Ted Williams. Now, you are claiming he's "destined to be a superstar". Take a look at his OBP and the OBP for the rest of the starters. You need to get a grip. No chance the Red Sox extend this guy, who burned a market bridge with his absurd indictment of management. The NL is where he needs to be traded, on a sell high for a solid young RH OF'er basis. Can't wait to see this overhyped teen idol leave town and get some defense in CF. Crawford has 142M to do everything bellsbury does, but better overall hitter and fielder.
    you always throw in a lovely personal touch for Ellsbury. It makes you seem like a middle school kid who tries to hide his attraction for a girl by being rude and insulting them. 

Seriously, I would love for you to stop blabbing and give us all a scenario in which we can trade Ells and get a comparable replacement at the same $ value, please do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Scott Boras almost always advises his clients to play out their contracts and use the open market to maximize their next contract. For younger players he advises them to go year-to-year through the arbitration process. Extensions for players under control swap total earnings for security. The club has fixed costs at a discount versus what the arbitration process would bring while the player has a guarantee against catastrophic injury.

But Boras clients with rare exception ever extend and when they have they usually have medical issues like Eric Gagne had in LA. Whatever the merits of signing Ellsbury to an extension are it won't happen IMO, not because he is not a good player to do it with and not because of 'ribgate' but because his approach to his career will be similar to the path Jonathan Papelbon has followed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think Boras usually prefrs the FA route.  I'm fine either way.  Extending guys will save you money, but tranfers injury/performace risk to the club.  My guess is that we let him walk and take the picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox only have one superstar, AGon. They have other stars, and Bellsbury is not one of them.

Look majorleague!!!!!

Now you've gone too far!!!  I hear you were just on Nickjr.com bashing Dora the Explorer & Go, Diego, Go!"

Since the 1st graders you were debating did not understand your requests for the long form birth certificates of both Dora & Diego, I will disabuse you of the notion that they are "illegal immigrants" as you contend!  Their parents are 3rd generation natural born American citizens!

PLEASE!  Go back to that chat board & apologize to those impressionable kids!

Then....... STAY THERE!!!1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

majorleague,

OK.....  Your comments on Cartoon NICK were spot on!  The show Yo Gabba Gabba was clearly inspired by Che Guevara & other Communist sympathizing radical revolutionaries...

Your posts on Disney.com about Miley Cyrus are simply misogynistic!

Grow up & get a new costume!

:)  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sorry guys!!!!!  Just trying to shake the gorilla out of this tree!    :)  :)

Hey!  His ramblings are no less nonsensical........   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

What does he have?  2 years left in Arb and then F/A?

I'd say, let's see how this season goes (and if Ellsbury continues this level) and perhaps offer to buy out his last 2 Arb years and first 2 years of F/A with say a 4/52 deal w/ something like 10+12+14=16.....This would be a deal similar to Pedey and Youk so Ellsbury would have nothing to complain about ......plus.....

it gives Ellsbury more money now in years 1 and 2, gives Ellsbury projected fair market value in years 3 and 4, and gives the Sox flexibility in that they don't have to commit huge dollars or a long term deal YET allows the Sox to keep him for 4 more years w/ no salary/contract distractions.....plus, they keep him during his prime years....I think this should be a good enough offer for Boras to take.  It's a little bit of an overall discounted salary but it's guaranteed and still allows Boras to take Jake to the market while he is still relatively young....

It also gives Theo a clear time line for a contingency plan for a new lead off hitter and/or center fielder.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The chances of the Sox locking up Ellsbury to a long term contract are ZERO and have been since the day Jacoby hired Scott Boras to be his agent.  Boras does not like "team friendly" contracts and prefers free agency for his clientele.

Ellsbury probably is aware of this about Boras.  He should be.  I'm aware of it and I never considered hiring him.

So, no, Ellsbury won't be staying for that seventh year of service time....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I agree with notin and 5katz. I  doubt Ellsbury gets extended.  Crawford is their hedge against negotiations NOT working out in the Sox favor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]What does he have?  2 years left in Arb and then F/A? I'd say, let's see how this season goes (and if Ellsbury continues this level) and perhaps offer to buy out his last 2 Arb years and first 2 years of F/A with say a 4/52 deal w/ something like 10+12+14=16.....This would be a deal similar to Pedey and Youk so Ellsbury would have nothing to complain about ......plus..... it gives Ellsbury more money now in years 1 and 2, gives Ellsbury projected fair market value in years 3 and 4, and gives the Sox flexibility in that they don't have to commit huge dollars or a long term deal YET allows the Sox to keep him for 4 more years w/ no salary/contract distractions.....plus, they keep him during his prime years....I think this should be a good enough offer for Boras to take.  It's a little bit of an overall discounted salary but it's guaranteed and still allows Boras to take Jake to the market while he is still relatively young.... It also gives Theo a clear time line for a contingency plan for a new lead off hitter and/or center fielder.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me.....  but the guys are probably right.  Little chance of signing him???  Hope I'm wrong!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Jacoby Ellsbury

Jacoby McCabe Ellsbury (Tacoby Bellsbury)

Position: Outfielder
    Bats: Left, Throws: Left
    Height: 6' 1", Weight: 185 lb.

Born: September 11, 1983 in Madras, OR (Age 27)
    High School: Madras (Madras, OR)
    School: Oregon State University
    Drafted
    by the Boston Red Sox in the 1st round (23rd pick) of the 2005 amateur draft.
    Signed July 1, 2005. (All Transactions)
    Debut: June 30, 2007
    Team: RedSox 2007-2011
    2012 Contract Status: Signed thru 2011, 1 yr/$2.4M (11) (details) [*]
    Service Time (01/2010): 2.037, Arb Eligible: 2012, Free Agent: 2014 [*], Agents: Scott Boras [*]
        About biographical information

Now, your teen idol isn't going to be extended, nor is your giddy slobbering comment "destined to be a superstar" ever going to happen. Take a look at the OBP on Gardner, and get a grip.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]ells.obp352 slg458 avg301 sb 12Money mouth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

majorleague,

You are certainly the master of extraneous & useless information!

BUT....  I think you're right...  We need to get rid of him soon!  He's killing the Red Sox!!!  We should just bench him for the far superior Cameron....

Good call majorleague! 

Now hop on over & post some more on disney.com!!!  You're the man!

Word has it, they're still gushing over your thesis on Herbie the Love Bug :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The funny thing about OBP which softy raves about is that not one of the 25 of OBP in the American League are leadoff hitters. Who would throw a ball to Ellsbury when you have Pedroia and Gonzalez following him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

IF the Sox don't sign Ells to some kind of a long term extension I don't believe it's because "ribgate" poisoned the well.  JH, TO & Co are professionals and don't let petty emotional arguments get in the way of sound business decisions.  If it's a sound business decision to sign him they'll try to and if it's not they won't.  It's that simple. 

Sections
Shortcuts