Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune

From ChicagoTribune.com:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-111015-smack-graphic,0,5615612.graphic

Waiting for Theo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune

In Response to Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune:
    [QUOTE]From ChicagoTribune.com: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-111015-smack-graphic,0,5615612.graphic   Waiting for Theo
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I love that...if Lucchino or the Sox FO see this then the negotiating price for Theo's release just keeps going up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune : I love that...if Lucchino or the Sox FO see this then the negotiating price for Theo's release just keeps going up.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

The price should go up, Ozzie Guillan was a field manager who won a single world series and the white sox got two good prospects. Theo has built 2 world series teams nuff said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Ozzie Guillan is my idea of the worst manager in baseball. He leaks personal info about his players, and even has his son -- not even on the team -- spread the info about his players as well. Awful. I can't believe another team even signed him, and I feel for all the players on that team.

Theo and Ozzie have nothing in common.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]Ozzie Guillan is my idea of the worst manager in baseball. He leaks personal info about his players, and even has his son -- not even on the team -- spread the info about his players as well. Awful. I can't believe another team even signed him, and I feel for all the players on that team. Theo and Ozzie have nothing in common.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

My point wasn't that they were comparable.

My point was that the white sox got a lot back for Ozzie and that Theo has been way more IMPORTANT to the Red Sox then Ozzie was to the White Sox, and has a lot more value in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune : My point wasn't that they were comparable. My point was that the white sox got a lot back for Ozzie and that Theo has been way more IMPORTANT to the Red Sox then Ozzie was to the White Sox, and has a lot more value in return.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If I am Theo I am 100% pumped for this move - to take on a storied franchise and have the freedom he might not always have had here.

By 2014 all his noose-contracts are gone, he can have his mark squarley on his new team within 3 short years... he will only be 40-41 right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Ozzie Guillan is my idea of the worst manager in baseball. He leaks personal info about his players, and even has his son -- not even on the team -- spread the info about his players as well. Awful. I can't believe another team even signed him, and I feel for all the players on that team. Theo and Ozzie have nothing in common.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    Have you checked with the players in Chicago to see how they feel about Ozzie Guillen? Or the ones in Florida to see how they feel about his coming there?
    Not saying Ozzie is, but some rotten people have been very good managers -- far, far from the worst. 
    You didn't say "worst person." You said "worst manager."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hopes spring eternal at the Chicago Tribune : Have you checked with the players in Chicago to see how they feel about Ozzie Guillen? Or the ones in Florida to see how they feel about his coming there? Not saying Ozzie is, but some rotten people have been very good managers -- far, far from the worst.  You didn't say "worst person." You said "worst manager."
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

You're right. I did say "worst manager". A job as a manager should include players being able to come to their manager and talk about whatever needs to be said without worrying that a confidence will be broken. And not only broken, but publicly aired for all to see. And enlisting the help of your son, who is not even involved with the team might just be the lowest point of the whole ordeal. It's beyond classless. If I were on his new team, I wouldn't ever say a word to him that I didn't wanted spread around the world. That has to affect his managing abilities.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts