Hot Stove League Discussion Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: Hot Stove League Discussion Thread

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 35m

As for Stephen Drew, Boras said he has multi-year offers that are contingent on the teams making other moves first.

HIS FAVORITE LINE

Does this look like the face of a man who would lie?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

THIS DOES!Money Mouth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Scott Lauber       

Scott Boras: "I think Xander Bogaerts is going to be one of the top five players in baseball."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jon Heyman 

Red Sox still talking to stephen drew. as with napoli, they want him back.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Phillies are "selling the crap out of [Papelbon]," one executive told Jim Salisbury of CSN Philly. The Phillies are willing to pay some of Papelbon's salary to facilitate a trade, according to Salisbury. One source told Salisbury that the Phillies approached the Indians and offered to pay part of Papelbon's salary, but the Indians weren't interested

I'm glad we didn't get into a bidding war on Paps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham @PeteAbe 12m

MLB has eliminated home plate collisions and will require players to slid into the plate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Scott Lauber       

Scott Boras: "I think Xander Bogaerts is going to be one of the top five players in baseball."

Already setting the bar even though he is not going to hit free agency until after 2019... always the salesman is Boras

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Sean McAdam - CSNNE.com, MLB Reporter

Cherington met with Scott Boras today on Drew, says Red Sox "have a better understanding of what's important to him."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Baseball Report       

Source confirms Japanese report that Red Sox sign submarine RP Shunsuke Watanabe to minor league deal. Similar to Byung Yong Kim

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Sean McAdam       

Red Sox looked at LHP Johan Santana, coming back from injury, but decided to pass.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Scott Lauber       

Is Drew resigning long term in Boston in the best interest of Bogaerts financially and does that make it a conflict of interest for Boras. Interesting to think about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Sean McAdam - CSNNE.com, MLB Reporter

Cherington met with Scott Boras today on Drew, says Red Sox "have a better understanding of what's important to him."

Makes me think he told them he wants to play SS, he wants to start and not platoon and he wants a no trade if he signs long term. Stuff like that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Baseball Report       

Source confirms Japanese report that Red Sox sign submarine RP Shunsuke Watanabe to minor league deal. Similar to Byung Yong Kim

Thanks for the info. Just checked his stats out. He is 5-10, 37 and been injured the last two seasons. And when he was healthy, he was not good in any way I could tell. Nothing to see here. I have more faith in Chris Martin or Chris Hernandez, which isn't saying much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Baseball Report       

Thanks for the info. Just checked his stats out. He is 5-10, 37 and been injured the last two seasons. And when he was healthy, he was not good in any way I could tell. Nothing to see here. I have more faith in Chris Martin or Chris Hernandez, which isn't saying much.

Definitely sounds like an organizational move, they do after all have to field their minor league teams as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to BMav's comment:

Baseball Report       

Definitely sounds like an organizational move, they do after all have to field their minor league teams as well.

He can also hang out with Koji, Tazz and Tanaka in spring training.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

By  Zach Links [December 11 at 6:44pm CST]

Since being ruled ineligible due to providing a false birthdate over the summer, Cuban shortstop prospect Aledmys Diaz has interest from a list of teams including the Braves,CardinalsDodgersGiantsOriolesRaysRed Sox, and Yankees, agent Jamie Torres tells Jesse Sanchez of MLB.com. "There are some very good players out right now and more are coming," Torres said. "Let's put it this way: I can predict that a few of the Cuban players that sign between now and Spring Training are going to contribute in the big leagues in the 2014 season and their contribution is going to be significant."  More from around baseball..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe 45m

Ben Cherington hinted around the #Redsox would sign submariner Shunsuke Watanabe to a minor league deal. Japanese media now reporting such

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yankees Turned Down Gardner-For-Phillips Swap

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Michael Silverman       

Red Sox pick SS Jonathan Roof from Phillies in minor league Triple A phase of Rule 5 draft

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BVTsoxfan. Show BVTsoxfan's posts

Rule 5 Draft Results from MLBTR:

Orioles select third baseman Michael Almanzar from the Red Sox.

Watched him play some at Portland and liked what I saw.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

no big deal....Almanzar will be back with the Red Sox soon enough. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Michael Silverman       

Red Sox pick SS Jonathan Roof from Phillies in minor league Triple A phase of Rule 5 draft

a minor league UI...hey you still have to man the minor league rosters as well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jon Heyman       

Mike Napoli breakdown: $16M in '14, $16M in '15. Limited no-trade

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Joba lands in Motown.....http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/tigers-agree-to-terms-on-one-year-deal-with-joba-chamberlain?ymd=20131212&content_id=64630468&vkey=news_mlb

Sections
Shortcuts