Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....)

Sorry friends,
       but this endless yammering is driving me stark bonkers.  

It is probably worse this season than some because of the collapse.  But I can't take much more.  And its JANUARY 20th ...only January 20th.

I likes me the Pats and G-men.  But that's just ONCE A WEEK and never really satisfies the Sox fan in me.  I actually played more organized football than baseball, same is true of basketball, but ... that was back when the interstate system was young and shone white in the mid-day sun.

Gimme some RED SOX BASEBALL!!!!!  

I'M GOING NUTS!

Proposal:  Spring training in AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND BALI (maybe the Solomons ....)

Rosters increased to 40 man for the whole season, but with 25 active at a time, say for a 30 day period.  Builds in rest and recovery time for pitchers,, especially. Why? So we can have a 9 month season, 210 - 220 games.

Alternative cold weather sites cold be establsihed in Pueto Rico, Mexico, Brazil and other Carribbean locales....

When April 9 or 10 comes up, move the remainder of the season north to US/Canada.  

... ... ... 

It would be crazy ... some may say it would wear out players, but you know what?  They are ALREADY playing WINTER BALL .... then come to MLB ....

Lots of logistical problems ...  but I need me a Red Sox/MLB fix.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....)

In Response to Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....):
    The equipment truck will exit Fenway Park on Feb. 11. Pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report on Feb. 19, with the first workout two days later. The first full-squadanks for the  workout will be on Feb. 25. The Red Sox will open JetBlue Park, their state-of-the-art new Spring Training facility, with a college doubleheader against Northeastern (2:35 p.m. ET) and Boston College (7 p.m.) on March 3. A day later, the Sox will host a Major League opponent for the first time at JetBlue Park when the Twins, who also train in Fort Myers, Fla., take the short bus ride.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Thanks for the effort, Idiot, to bring comfort.

Right now I'm getting crowded by empty oufields  and the Green Monster is just plain menacing .....

Not cabin fever ...baseball fever ....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....)

hang in there Yaz ol' friend...i don't wanna turn on the news to find out that are  you are fighting off the police while barricaded  inside Fenway...Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Roll on 18 wheeler, roll on

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Once you've spent a considerable amount of time being insane, you become comfortable with it.

I don't even think about it very much anymore.

The one thing about being crazy that I find funny is that the world isn't much different from when you are sane.

Pants still go on one leg at a time, shoes go on one at a time....sometimes with the left shoe on the right foot, but more or less the same.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Much more fun to post when the Sox are actually playing (and winning) rather than trying to guess what the new season will bring.  During the off season every fan is a GM and during the regular season every fan is a critic. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Hang in ther Yaz and treasure these next few weeks of Playoff Football because after that those weeks in February before ST starts are brutal.....non playoff Hockey....Horrible Basketball this year....pre March Madness...too Freakin Cold to Golf....time to break out those 2004 and 2007 highlight videos!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....):
      "LET ME BE CLEAR", MY TIME IS BEING TAKEN UP BY NEWT GINGRICH AS I WAIT FOR THE TRUCK !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

What? Newt Gingrich is at your house?

I hope you locked up all the valuables!!! Don't leave any spare change around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Cheer up, Yaz old friend.  It's just a few weeks.

Until then, we can use DVD's of 'Pride of the Yankees' as frisbees.

(No offense, Zac.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

"LET ME BE CLEAR", MY TIME IS BEING TAKEN UP BY NEWT GINGRICH AS I WAIT FOR THE TRUCK !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Uh oh.  You better hope he isn't looking for an "open marriage".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....) : I hear you yaz but like 2004Idiots posted we're only a month away from P&C that pic looks a lot better that last winter better than last fall too
    Posted by pinstripezac

Pedrioa/Theo is still my fav, Zac. Still brings a chuckle.

And that last shot just sort of summarizes Sept. 2011, don't it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....) : Uh oh.  You better hope he isn't looking for an "open marriage".
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

No, Newt defines marriage as being between a man and a woman and a woman.

Not between a man and a man and a woman.

Or is it just one man, one woman and a lot of questions?

Oh, just one man and one woman?  Check your math, Newt. Please.

Thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....) : No, Newt defines marriage as being between a man and a woman and a woman. Not between a man and a man and a woman. Or is it just one man, one woman and a lot of questions? Oh, just one man and one woman?  Check your math, Newt. Please. Thanks.
    Posted by summerof67

Newt was very clear when he said marriage means just one man and one woman ... unless the woman has an illness, and then the logistics are free to change

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

hang in there Yaz ol' friend...i don't wanna turn on the news to find out that are  you are fighting off the police while barricaded  inside Fenway...
    Posted by jete02fan

Appreciate the concern, Jete.

But I wouldn't be barricaded ... I am like the wind.  I pass in the night...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I wish I could find a website that streams winter ball........
    Posted by davetheknave

That's an idea I've not had, Dave.   Let's work on that ...  It would have to be a list of places ....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Once you've spent a considerable amount of time being insane, you become comfortable with it. I don't even think about it very much anymore. The one thing about being crazy that I find funny is that the world isn't much different from when you are sane. Pants still go on one leg at a time, shoes go on one at a time....sometimes with the left shoe on the right foot, but more or less the same.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Pants?  What are pants?

:o)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Much more fun to post when the Sox are actually playing (and winning) rather than trying to guess what the new season will bring.  During the off season every fan is a GM and during the regular season every fan is a critic. 
    Posted by traven

Quite true.  Much mo' fun.  Heck, I'm even ready for some Fenway "Sweet Caroline."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Roll on 18 wheeler, roll on
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Crazy at it seems, just seeing your name and avatar is somehow soothing. 

Crazy seems to be a theme here ....

Hi Spaceman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Stove season too long....Driving me Crazy...Proposal (It's crazy too....) : I hear you yaz but like 2004Idiots posted we're only a month away from P&C that pic looks a lot better that last winter better than last fall too
    Posted by pinstripezac

Thanks Zac.  Good smiles.  Ya know, we may jus be brothahs from different mothahs ...

Well, the wreck ain't reason to smile, but at least you got it in context.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Hot Stove Season too long....Driving me Craed zy...Proposal (It's crazy too....):
    Hang in ther Yaz and treasure these next few weeks of Playoow getting bustff Football because after that those weeks in February before ST starts are brutal.....non playoff Hockey....Horrible Basketball this year....pre March Madness...too Freakin Cold to Golf....time to break out those 2004 and 2007 highlight videos!!!
    Posted by tomnev

Too true, Tom.  I was really looking forward to the BCS championship game and have enjoyed the NFL playoffs - except for Tebow getting busted up.  Catch 22 there .... really like Tebow, but he wass playing the Pats.
    I do have two new Sox books to read.  Saving for the dolldrums.  One is mostly pics, so won't take long to read ...

Sections
Shortcuts