Hot Switch Hitters at the 4 and 5 spots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Hot Switch Hitters at the 4 and 5 spots

No, I'm not nuts. I would love to see a lineup with Nava and Victorino hitting 4 and 5 while they're beingover looked and pitched to. Ellsbury. Drew and Pedroia (1,2,3) and Middlebrooks, Ortiz, Napoli and the catcher down there at 6 thru 9.

When Napoli and Big Papi get a groove back, then switch them back. But, right now is what counts; not their "yesterday" stats.

Back-to-back switch hitters, (who are hot right now), in the 4-5 holes would have to be a problem to the opposing manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Hot Switch Hitters at the 4 and 5 spots

Papi has had 3 bad games and I think his bat should be no less than #4. His track record speaks for itself and he will hit soon enough. You cant jumble a lineup that drastically becase of a couple bad Games.

I can understand Drew being higher, but your high OBP guys should be 1-3. Pedey, Nava, Gomes, Vic are all candidates and if Drew keeps up his pace, he would be too. The power should be #4-#6 always. Those guys can sometimes be streaky. It comes with the territory. Vic has no power at all and shouldnr be a #4 or #5 IMO. Nava is more a high OBP guy with some "pop" IMO, and could be, and has been a #5 or #6 for this team already but hes also a good #2 or #3. WMB is already at #7 and #8, but has been showing signs of life and I believe will be back up in the order pretty soon. Ells should be lower in the line up. his sample size is big enough now and he has a .318 OBP after last night. Hes a perfect candidate to be moved down, yet you still have him leading off.

my lineup as of right now would be...

1- Vic

2- Pedey

3- Nava/Gomes

4- Papi

5- Naps

6- Middy

7- Ells

8- Salty/Ross

9- Drew

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

What was Farrell like in Toronto?  Did he switch the line up around much?  I don't get the sense that he will mix things up here in Boston.  It seems that when even Tito did it here, it caused more problems then it was worth.

yeah, slight tweaks with a player is normal, but not any major moves. The only thing I see is Ells in a bigger funk than normal and lowering him in the lineup could take some pressure off him and get him going again like they did with Middy.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

No, I'm not nuts. I would love to see a lineup with Nava and Victorino hitting 4 and 5 while they're beingover looked and pitched to. Ellsbury. Drew and Pedroia (1,2,3) and Middlebrooks, Ortiz, Napoli and the catcher down there at 6 thru 9.

When Napoli and Big Papi get a groove back, then switch them back. But, right now is what counts; not their "yesterday" stats.

Back-to-back switch hitters, (who are hot right now), in the 4-5 holes would have to be a problem to the opposing manager.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense sorry.  Papi has earned his 3/4 status and I don't see anyone doing better.  What the team really needs to improve the offense is another good slugger hitting before or after Papi that doesn't SO as much and reach base more often.

My favorite choice?  A Ryan Braun type to replace Mannys lost offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ells

vic

papi

napoli

pedey

middlebrooks

nava

salty

drew

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Right now I'd rather see Nava or Victorino coming up with men on base than Papi OR Napoli! They're at least making contact. Old habits die hard, I know, but we're seeing men left on base and/or douple plays every inning!

Sections
Shortcuts