How a Handful of Mocked and Minimized Signings Propelled Boston’s Worst-to-First Comeback

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

How a Handful of Mocked and Minimized Signings Propelled Boston’s Worst-to-First Comeback

Jonah Keri of Grantland looks back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: How a Handful of Mocked and Minimized Signings Propelled Boston’s Worst-to-First Comeback

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

They've totally exceeded my expectations. which is good because this was the first year in awhile that nobody was picking them to go all the way. Unless they have a collapse of epoch proportions the Red Sox should have home field through out the playoffs and possibly the WS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

Re: How a Handful of Mocked and Minimized Signings Propelled Boston’s Worst-to-First Comeback

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

[QUOTE]

They've totally exceeded my expectations. which is good because this was the first year in awhile that nobody was picking them to go all the way. Unless they have a collapse of epoch proportions the Red Sox should have home field through out the playoffs and possibly the WS.

[/QUOTE]

"Epoch proportions!" I like it. I think you were trying to say "epic proportions," but the new turn-of-phrase gives an added depth of meaning.

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

epoch chock

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

btw - great read.  thanks for sharing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Epoch proportions!" I like it. I think you were trying to say "epic proportions," but the new turn-of-phrase gives an added depth of meaning.

Cool

[/QUOTE]

Thank you :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Don't forget the new manager, a new coaching staff that actually communicate with the manager and a GM allowed to be a GM.

The players have been great to watch; great clubhouse that carries over to the field and dugout.

Winning helps!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

[QUOTE]

Like the dynasty-era Patriots who thrived on getting no credit and being underestimated, the Sox seem to thrive on flying under the radar. They let their play on the field do the talking. When the Sox were proclaimed 'the greatest team ever' a couple of years ago, they pulled off one of the biggest collapses ever. When they were written off at the start of this season, they went on a season-long tear and proved all the psychics to be fools.

[/QUOTE]