How about Justin Smoak?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: How about Justin Smoak?

Will Middlebrooks had a far better MLB debut than Justin Smoak had.

I'm still not sold on either player. Here are their minor league numbers:

WM 1706 PA, .276/.333/.454/.787, 128 BB (7.5%), 449 (26.3%)

JS 855 PA, .279/.400/.449/.848, 138 BB (16.1%), 148 K (17.3%)

Draw whatever conclusion you wish on those contrasting numbers.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hill.  I wasn't throwing you to the lions by asking for your view, I just thought an opinion other than mine re Smoak's remaining potential vs., say, St. Will of the Whiff's, would be interesting.   And I respect your views.

I wouldn't trade Midds for Smoak, but I don't think there's a huge gulf, certainly not to be based on Midds' 75 career MLB games, the second half of which were terrible.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Folks, look at a big crybaby pleading for censorship. Seattle needs an innings-eating starter and Boston has none to spare. Those are your words.

Seattle needs an innings-eating starter and Boston has none to spare.

I brought those words to this thread ... I welcome your critique of my punctuation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

"Flyer" is a correct optional spelling.

Posters who can't keep track of who posted what and who they are responding to are in need of a nap. Or maybe they are experimenting with hallucinogenic drugs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Folks, look at a big crybaby pleading for censorship.

Those are your words. A look at this thread will reveal your captious trolling that stems from your bigoted rage. If this site wasn't a propaganda platform of hypocrisy, you woun't even be here because you are such a mental midget cry baby that you become hysterical outside of a lefty sanatized platform.

Let me give you something that is bigoted and repulsive. Invoking "Hitler" and you sniffing the backside in captious euphoria.

What's grotesque isn't my comment, it's the conduct. What's pitiful is your hysteria and "evil and hater", like a balling baby.

A simple question for a simply hillbilly:  Do you think it's appropriate/decent/adult to use the phrase "fudge packing"?  Don't evade, don't bluster, don't counter.  Do you think that is a good or a bad thing to do?

{I'm sure you won't answer}

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

No, in the context, "Flyer" is not correct grammar. Someone captiously trolling who confuses spelling with grammar is in need of anger management. Perhaps a group session with the "Hitler" poster and the one who appluaded his comment. Maybe you should consider experimeting with LSD as a mental health therapy. It didn't work for Great Society supporters like Leary, but maybe it will help you control your animus.

Time for your medicine, Mr. Amin. Put your computer away for the night. You are getting confused.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

That was my question to you, not words I ascribed to another poster, Hill. Again, your comments on Wakefield as a potential solution to the Mariners need for an "innings eater"?

With all due respect, some posts are not worthy of a response.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Hey Hill, nudge nudge, wink wink. Someone made a funny and is dying for your response. Don't disappoint him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

No, in the context, "Flyer" is not correct grammar. Someone captiously trolling who confuses spelling with grammar is in need of anger management. Perhaps a group session with the "Hitler" poster and the one who appluaded his comment. Maybe you should consider experimeting with LSD as a mental health therapy. It didn't work for Great Society supporters like Leary, but maybe it will help you control your animus.

As a tangential point, it's always driven me nuts that people think "Somebody To Love" and "White Rabbit" are two great songs by Jefferson Airplane, rather than two great covers by Jefferson Airplane of two great songs by the Great Society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzyDLwUgFdc   

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

Time for your medicine, Mr. Amin. Put your computer away for the night. You are getting confused.

[/QUOTE]

Amin?  Idi Amin?  With respect, David....and I've always respected you....I think it's outrageous and totally wrong to compare Softlaw to Idi Amin.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

On behalf of myself, "devildavid", and this entire board I'd like to apologise to the Amin family for david's comparing Idi Amin to Softlaw.

Softlaw is more of a Bokassa character.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-B%C3%A9del_Bokassa 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]
    I am aware that the Front Burner fraternity is started and is re-enforced by the Music Forum  fraternity and that nearly everyone is politically Conservative herebut can't we keep music talk and politics elsewhere?

[/QUOTE]

PikeScum - didn't you just this week ask Moon why he didn't post on the Music board? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to PikeScum's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I am aware that the Front Burner fraternity is started and is re-enforced by the Music Forum  fraternity and that nearly everyone is politically Conservative herebut can't we keep music talk and politics elsewhere?

[/QUOTE]

PikeScum - didn't you just this week ask Moon why he didn't post on the Music board? 

[/QUOTE]

I did so because Moonslav admitted that he was a huge Keith Moon fan  and grew up during the Woodstock generation. He loves the music of that period. Now what is your question?

[/QUOTE]

My question is this:  If posting about music on the Front Burner is "wrong", why did you respond to Moon's (alleged) post?  Why not let it go?  Why are you compelled to preach?  Softy hates me, I hate his behaviour here....I make a tame attempt to lighten things up. 

"Love and hate tattooed across the knuckles of his hands, the hands that smack his kids around 'cause they don't understand".....vs.

"Dick and head tattooed across the fibres of his soul, the soul that hates 'em all because he will never know"

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:

makes Carp my preferred flyer.

Carp is a great flyer. Carp 42 humans 0.Check it out......

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=flyingcarp&view=detail&mid=1DEC34EDF8EFFE1DCF501DEC34EDF8EFFE1DCF50&first=0

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

While the delusional comparision to Hitler and Amin are being made, Sonic's, hereafter, "SM", should remind posters of the character Andrew Cunanan.

1. I did not compare you to Idi Amin....do try to keep up.  Again, have you considered note-taking or home help?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Usually you can get guys who can't hit pretty cheap.

What good is power if a guy has a sub .239 batting average ( highest he's ever hit and going downhill two years running).

I don't know.  Everyone around here loves Reddicks and he hits around 239.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Usually you can get guys who can't hit pretty cheap.

What good is power if a guy has a sub .239 batting average ( highest he's ever hit and going downhill two years running).

I don't know.  Everyone around here loves Reddicks and he hits around 239.

It's okay to love Reddick now.  He no longer plays for the RS.

Sections
Shortcuts