HOW ABOUT THAT BOY SALTY.... THEO IS ONE SMART G M........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: HOW ABOT THAT BOY SALTY.... THEO IS ONE SMART G M........

Two very nice hits...especially the first one since it was with 2 outs.  Rock on Salty!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Theo has been great at finding hidden talent.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to HOW ABOT THAT BOY SALTY.... THEO IS ONE SMART G M........:
     4 RBI'S AND MAKING THEO LOOK SMARTER EVERY DAY.... WHAT SAY YOU ???
    Posted by Bill-806

Let's not get carried away here. Although he has shown improvement, he has a long way to go to justify not re-signing Vmart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I can't believe that there is enough space on the back of his jersey to write his last name.  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

saltalamacchia is not yet victor martinez with the bat, but his defense is probably as good because victor was not really a top of the line receiver.

AND, since even the richest clubs have to have a budget, saltalamacchia will be about $40 MILLION less expensive than victor would have been for this year and the next three years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

You can't pay a veteran star at every position. A kid who can put up a solidly average performance for the major league minimum is valuable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Theo has made some GREAT moves!!! He's also had his share of blunders.  I just wish those who like to bash Theo for all his faults would also acknowledge his great moves......but that won't happen, haters love to hate

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Salty has a nice, powerful, slughtly upper-cut swing from the left side - lately he's been swining the bat w/ much more authority......I am concerned about our ability to stop the running game against teams that run wild....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Salty is doing just fine, he's producing well and has certainly gotten into a bit of a groove. Congrats to him and good move by Theo. I doubted him early in the season but he's certainly proved me wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: HOW ABOT THAT BOY SALTY.... THEO IS ONE SMART G M........:
    In Response to HOW ABOT THAT BOY SALTY.... THEO IS ONE SMART G M........ : Let's not get carried away here. Although he has shown improvement, he has a long way to go to justify not re-signing Vmart.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Are you kidding me?  VMart couldn't catch 100 games and he barely will catch 40 this year with Avila doing the majority of the time behind the plate. Also, if they signed VMART, they probably don't get either Crawford or Gonzalez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

There was a time when I was very concerned about Salty's work with the pitchers.  He seems to be coming along nicely in that department.  Thank goodness he has Varitek as his mentor.

What he does with the bat is icing on the cake.  Varitek's doing pretty well offensively too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

I can't believe that there is enough space on the back of his jersey to write his last name.  lol
    Posted by Ice-Cream

I think they changed his name a little from his birth certificate so they could fit it on a jersey.  I bet his teachers called him Salty from Kinder on up!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

But if Salty was hitting .185 at this point in the season, would people still be praising Theo for finding talent hmm...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

But if Salty was hitting .185 at this point in the season, would people still be praising Theo for finding talent hmm...
    Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4

what if Gonzo was hitting 230? What if Papi wasnt hitting lefties? What if Lackey had an era below 5? Point is, Salty isnt hitting .185, hes hitting .250 with a .776OPS..Hes getting better each game he plays..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

You can't pay a veteran star at every position. A kid who can put up a solidly average performance for the major league minimum is valuable.
    Posted by thirtysomething

Agreed. People seem to forget this far too often.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

Sox were always linked to Salta at some point over the past few years I think. I remember seeing a few rumors about them discussing a trade with Texas but Texas had alot of hope he would be the player they thought they were getting. The backup they had at catcher ended up outplaying him I remember and eventually Salta had those problems with injury..

I think he even had a game a few years ago where he couldnt throw the ball accurately enough to the pitcher? I remember seeing it on sportscenter and it was embarrassing for a MLB player.

In Response to HOW ABOT THAT BOY SALTY.... THEO IS ONE SMART G M........:
     4 RBI'S AND MAKING THEO LOOK SMARTER EVERY DAY.... WHAT SAY YOU ???
    Posted by Bill-806

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

it's been a long time coming for him, young player who came up with alot of promise, battled injuries and throwing issues always seemingly stuck behind someone, IMO laundry aside, these are the guys/stories people should get behind, i'm sure those posters who are older than me or most here could probably relay a whole bunch of stories of careers that were in ruins by age 30

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to HOW ABOT THAT BOY SALTY.... THEO IS ONE SMART G M........ : Let's not get carried away here. Although he has shown improvement, he has a long way to go to justify not re-signing Vmart.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Did the Tigers sign Vmart to be their everyday catcher?  If they did, someone forgot to tell their manager.  Maybe Jim Leyland was in the tunnel smoking during that organizational meeting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4

No they would be bashing him as an idiot.  That's the point.  Give credit when a move you make works out like you hoped it would.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I like his throwing arm.

Sections
Shortcuts