How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns?

Yes.  Beane and Francona "return" to Boston.  Each in his own way.

Let the healing begin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns

Going by what hasn't been said in the last week, more than what has, this fits.

(Including: No one, including Beane and Henry, has said that anything in the movie was inaccurate.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns?

sounds to me as if theo was the only guy pulling for tito. theo to chicago along with lackey + minor for garza, beane to boston. hey i can dream right

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

A STRETCH !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

Red Sox should have hired Billy Beane in the FIRST place.
    Red Sox with ANY new GM will win more games than the Sox with Theo as GM.

Any smart GM that gets the Sox job would make a play to get Francona back to manage that team...or the Sox have to implode the current roster and rebuild.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns?:
    [QUOTE]Yes.  Beane and Francona "return" to Boston.  Each in his own way. Let the healing begin.
    Posted by Firewind[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen...first thing Beane had a chance to come here before Theo and turned the Sox down, so why would he want to come here now with things in a turmoil?

Francona lost the clubhouse...so how does he regain it if he got re-hired by Beane...plus it was ownership that wanted a manager replacement, not the GM.

If Theo leaves Cherington takes over and hires a manager of his choice! No manager will be hired until the GM situation is solidified.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One thing is for sure,if the Sox let Epstein talk to the cubbies Theo will turn down the job! They are a shambles from top to bottom!!!! I just did a cursory check up on their projected top minor league prospects and they have exactly 2 guys who are even close to sniffing the bigs 3B Joe Vitters and 1B-OF Bryan Lahair. Jeff Smardzja (spelling of his name is probably wrong) is a mess because they tried to make him a starter,they do have one starting pitcher who the sox might want should the Cubbies and Theo agree to a contract and that would be Matt Garza. I'm just assuming that Soto,Ramirez,Marlin and Marmol are untouchable....So if the Sox allow Theo to sign on with the Cubbies their compensation will be negligible. I guess the Sox and Cubbies could expand any potential deal too include the Cubs taking Lackey,Scrubtaro,Salty,and Jed Lugo and gaining Marlin,Soto,Marmol and Garza....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns?:
    [QUOTE]One thing is for sure,if the Sox let Epstein talk to the cubbies Theo will turn down the job! They are a shambles from top to bottom!!!! I just did a cursory check up on their projected top minor league prospects and they have exactly 2 guys who are even close to sniffing the bigs 3B Joe Vitters and 1B-OF Bryan Lahair. Jeff Smardzja (spelling of his name is probably wrong) is a mess because they tried to make him a starter,they do have one starting pitcher who the sox might want should the Cubbies and Theo agree to a contract and that would be Matt Garza. I'm just assuming that Soto,Ramirez,Marlin and Marmol are untouchable....So if the Sox allow Theo to sign on with the Cubbies their compensation will be negligible. I guess the Sox and Cubbies could expand any potential deal too include the Cubs taking Lackey,Scrubtaro,Salty,and Jed Lugo and gaining Marlin,Soto,Marmol and Garza....
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

When you wish upon a star...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns?:
    [QUOTE]Yes.  Beane and Francona "return" to Boston.  Each in his own way. Let the healing begin.
    Posted by Firewind[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't help Theo's reputation to run out on problems he created without trying to correct them.  The Cubs are also a mess of a franchise to straighten out so I see Theo staying in Boston for now anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If I were Theo I'd go to the Cubs if I had complete control.

I think the management team has had a hand in deciding which free agents/trades were made.  I think Crawford and Lackey were put forward by members of the management team.  I think Francona didn't want Lackey and when Lackey turned out to be a turd, John Henry didn't want Tito around to say, "I told you so". 

I think Theo would love the opportunity to build another organization from the ground up and with Cub fans being more laid back than Red Sox fans, he wouldn't feel the pressure to pick up free agents with egos bigger than their paychecks.

No Luchino, No Warner - he'd jump at it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns?:
    [QUOTE]One thing is for sure,if the Sox let Epstein talk to the cubbies Theo will turn down the job! They are a shambles from top to bottom!!!! I just did a cursory check up on their projected top minor league prospects and they have exactly 2 guys who are even close to sniffing the bigs 3B Joe Vitters and 1B-OF Bryan Lahair. Jeff Smardzja (spelling of his name is probably wrong) is a mess because they tried to make him a starter,they do have one starting pitcher who the sox might want should the Cubbies and Theo agree to a contract and that would be Matt Garza. I'm just assuming that Soto,Ramirez,Marlin and Marmol are untouchable....So if the Sox allow Theo to sign on with the Cubbies their compensation will be negligible. I guess the Sox and Cubbies could expand any potential deal too include the Cubs taking Lackey,Scrubtaro,Salty,and Jed Lugo and gaining Marlin,Soto,Marmol and Garza....

sportsbozo - Being a Red Sox fan living in Chicago, I am going to correct you.

1. You mentioned only two guys (Vitters and LeHair) as close to sniffing the majors.
    Have you heard of Brett Jackson? 23 years old. In 185AB after his call up to Iowa, hit .297 with 10/26. OPS of .939.

2.24 year old catcher Wellington Castillo.

3. Starter Jeff Beliveau, who finished at AA Tennessee, finished 6-1, ERA of 1.89, WHIP of less than .90 and 69K's in 57 IP.

4. Andrew Cashner, who started last year on the Cubs but was hurt all year.

Do your homework first please. Jackson is probably their top prospect, and it's Josh Vitters, not Joe Vitters. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And a couple more things, Ramirez is a free agent with mutual $16M options. His agent has publically stated they want to test the market.
    Soto and Marmol are anything but untouchable.

Get your facts straight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns? : sportsbozo - Being a Red Sox fan living in Chicago, I am going to correct you. 1. You mentioned only two guys (Vitters and LeHair) as close to sniffing the majors. Have you heard of Brett Jackson? 23 years old. In 185AB after his call up to Iowa, hit .297 with 10/26. OPS of .939. 2.24 year old catcher Wellington Castillo. 3. Starter Jeff Beliveau, who finished at AA Tennessee, finished 6-1, ERA of 1.89, WHIP of less than .90 and 69K's in 57 IP. 4. Andrew Cashner, who started last year on the Cubs but was hurt all year. Do your homework first please. Jackson is probably their top prospect, and it's Josh Vitters, not Joe Vitters. 
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]
    Good points.

And Bryan LaHair, out of Holy Name Central Catholic in Worcester, turns 29 years old next month and lost his prospect status with 136 MLB at-bats in 2008.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How about this: Epstein to Chicago, Beane to Boston, Francona returns? : Not going to happen...first thing Beane had a chance to come here before Theo and turned the Sox down, so why would he want to come here now with things in a turmoil? Francona lost the clubhouse...so how does he regain it if he got re-hired by Beane...plus it was ownership that wanted a manager replacement, not the GM. If Theo leaves Cherington takes over and hires a manager of his choice! No manager will be hired until the GM situation is solidified.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Francona "lost" the clubhouse...Theo Epstein poisoned the clubhouse.

What else was going to happen?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

On April 15, 2005, Beane received a contract extension to remain with the team as its general manager through 2012, and team owner Lew Wolff awarded Beane a small portion of the team's ownership.

This may require compensation from the Red Sox to the A's.

Beane may be a challenge for the Sox management--he does have a good eye for talent-perhaps better than Theo. Ben C may need some added time and if Theo signs as GM and Pres. he may need Ben C. to assist him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I think Crawford and Lackey were put forward by members of the management team. 

I think Crawford and Lackey career year FA contract offers were put forward InEpstein. I know so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

If Theo is this far out the door - publicly! - how can he come back?  He's effectively s--t the bed.  And as to, "Tito lost the clubhouse."  Well, A LOT goes into that statement.  A manager's in between, including possibly in an untenable position.  Trust's a funny thing, and is needed in all directions -- and all the way up and all the way down.  Like when the GM is a free agent, or teetering as we all can see now, there's not a firm foundation.  When the whole system goes septic, the manager may be the problem, or the best possible medicine.  Who knows until the music stops? 

But I guess the biggest sticking point to my theory is Beane's ownership arrangement at the A's.  Crafty of Wolff.  But I think he and Tito would "get" (understand) each other.  Not least, Henry REALLY wanted him.  I think the call went out early this time.